Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

according to MMA weekly

Print  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
UFC signed a guy named Dennis Siver. A fighter from Germany. Here's a youtube video of one of his fights. Not to shabby... http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dennis+Siver&search=Search

Post #1   1/29/07 3:08:28AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Watched it . thanks. he looks pretty good. Since he has cage rage experience he'll probably be on the UK card.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   1/29/07 3:12:15AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Looks like a pretty good acqusition to me. Seemed very well rounded. Good striking, gnp, and was very good on his back.

Post #3   1/29/07 3:21:55AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,719-1,045
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
He got swept easily and his punches didn't seem to have a lot of power behind them. His opponent kept his hands very low but he never really had to pay for it. His highlights were 2 judo throws. I wasn't impressed.

However, I did enjoy the fight. Thanks for the link.

Post #4   1/29/07 3:41:26AM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Nothing beats a good Judo Throw.

Hey, was that Ross Pointon he was fighting?

Ross Pointon jokes = always funny.

Post #5   1/29/07 2:19:37PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by ac_gi

He got swept easily and his punches didn't seem to have a lot of power behind them. His opponent kept his hands very low but he never really had to pay for it. His highlights were 2 judo throws. I wasn't impressed.

? He actually looked like he had energetic and accurate striking. You think ufc would give him a contract if he was as dissapointing as you think he is?

Post #6   1/29/07 6:00:15PM   

slammadowg

Deactivated

Career:11-6
Chips:
thanks for the vid.

He looks pretty quick. He varies in his striking too which is always nice.
btw what wait class was that fight at?

Post #7   1/30/07 12:48:08AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
170... I think his first fight should be against Thiago Alves. That would be a stand up war!

Post #8   1/30/07 2:59:01AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Posted by ac_gi

? He actually looked like he had energetic and accurate striking. You think ufc would give him a contract if he was as dissapointing as you think he is?

You are right. He was energetic and accurate. I think part of the reason he was accurate was the fact that his opponent kept his hands so low. And when the final bell rang, his opponent was still standing without much damage. That tells you something about his power. Like I said before, I enjoyed the fight.

He is obviously a good fighter, but I doubt he can handle the mid to upper level UFC guys.

Post #9   1/30/07 3:49:42AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Chips:
That would be a fun fight... for about 1 round.

I doubt they give him a quality fighter like Thiago in his first UFC fight. I could see Sammy Morgan or Pete Spratt getting the call.

Post #10   1/30/07 3:54:54AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I've seen both of his EVT fights and one of his Cage Warriors fights and I'm glad to see some europeans in the UFC but I don't think he stands a chance against any of the top 10 WWs in the UFC. It's fuckin STACKED already.

Unfortunately I'd bet against him against most guys in that division. He's good, just not THAT good yet. Get some swedes instead

Post #11   1/30/07 6:25:31AM   

Hogzilla

Learning to Sprawl

Hogzilla Avatar

Career:175-126
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Watched it . thanks. he looks pretty good. Since he has cage rage experience he'll probably be on the UK card.

Going from CageRage to UFC seems like it would be like going from College football to Pro. Big change.. Stick with cagerage for now..

Post #12   1/30/07 12:06:09PM