Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Recurring Dream(s)

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I dream I'm in Fort Wayne, Indiana and I'm jello-wrestling with someone bigger than me as they try to wrap me in bacon. No clue where it comes from......

Post #16   5/13/13 10:03:53PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

To be honest... I keep having this recurring dream about disowning my stepdad.

There was a lot of head butting between us growing up, and he was a cunt to me quite often. Obviously, this was less than 10% of the time and for the most part we had a good relationship... but something deep down still makes me resent him for all the shitty times.

And no, I'm not looking for someone to play therapist here but wonder if any of you guys have any recurring dreams that revolve around actual events/relationships in your life? My dreams tend to always have major elements of my real life in them (based around my current situation/job/friends/etc.)

For some reason, while I lived in Chicago I had a very vivid dream I remembered upon waking up EVERY DAY. Back in Florida it maybe happens to me once a week/month. I wonder what that is...

Dr. Phil is here...

I like to answer your concern about vivid dreams. I don't know if I learned it in a psychology class or through word of mouth. I heard something like this - the younger you are, the more dreams you can remember and it has to do with how active or imaginative the brain is. The younger you are, the more imaginative you tend to be. When you get older, you accept that you're living in a shit-hole and there's no need for imagination anymore. Something like that..

Post #17   5/13/13 10:26:28PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
I haven't been able to remember my dreams for about 20 years, unless I'm hitting the snooze button repeatedly and half awake, barely asleep... then I'll remember a little bit. I must sleep too deeply to remember what type of things my mind imagines while asleep but I can guarantee if I remembered them, they would be sick, twisted, and sensual all at once!

Post #18   5/14/13 5:19:49AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I dream I'm in Fort Wayne, Indiana and I'm jello-wrestling with someone bigger than me as they try to wrap me in bacon. No clue where it comes from......

Does this person also have a picture of Montell Jordan drawn on his chest with a Sharpie?

Post #19   5/14/13 6:29:03AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

Does this person also have a picture of Montell Jordan drawn on his chest with a Sharpie?

That's crazy. It's like we have the same dream!

Post #20   5/14/13 7:20:38AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:3,041-1,688
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Mine is really strange and it bothers me. For the longest time it was just a face, a man's face. Noone I know. And I can't even describe what happens next except for just saying it's the most intense few moments imaginable. I always wake up in a cold sweat, heart pounding, and out of breath.

It has now changed to a woman's face, again one I dont recognize. Except now the intensity is amplified by about 3 times what it used to be. I lose a lot of sleep just because I'm afraid to go to sleep.

Is it this?

Post #21   5/15/13 3:24:07PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:3,041-1,688
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
My only recurring dream is the classic, cliche "oh my god I didn't study for this test." I find it bizarre for a few reasons, 1.) I always study if I need to, and 2.) They NEVER happen at the school I currently attend. It's always middle school, or the year I went to UW. My brain always plops me in some scenario 9 years ago, not in my current school with a class I actually have.

Post #22   5/15/13 3:26:26PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I frequently have a dream where I have to go back to high school to graduate. The set-up is different every time, like they screwed up scoring a test or lost my records, etc,. I'll be there and hate it, and then I'll eventually figure out "Wait, I still have a diploma and no one cares if I graduated. Fuck this!" and I bail on the whole thing in triumph. Pretty dumb I still have this dream in my 30s.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #23   5/15/13 3:45:42PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,490-777
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I frequently have a dream where I have to go back to high school to graduate. The set-up is different every time, like they screwed up scoring a test or lost my records, etc,. I'll be there and hate it, and then I'll eventually figure out "Wait, I still have a diploma and no one cares if I graduated. Fuck this!" and I bail on the whole thing in triumph. Pretty dumb I still have this dream in my 30s.

I've had very similar dreams your I was still attending school until my late 20s. So weird because I'd wake up and for a split second I'd say to myself gotta get ready for school. Then the Wtf factor came in and i was like dammit I'm almost 30 yrs old.

Post #24   5/16/13 11:46:26PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2