Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Serra Claims TapouT Lied On Their Debut Reality Show

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

The following is a press release sent out by Matt Serra's people:

In the recent episode of the television show TAPOUT, several issues regarding Matt Serra's affiliation with the company were brought into question. Matt wants it to be known that his conversation with Charles (aka mask) was edited totally out of context. Matt’s sponsorship by TAPOUT has been always been one of respect and loyalty.

Matt was promised by TAPOUT that they would produce a special edition Serra short for his upcoming championship fight. This promise was never fulfilled! The conversation that was aired without Matt's consent had nothing to do with wanting more money nor leaving them for another sponsor. The conversation was simply about Matt wanting to know if they could get the short produced by the time of his fight with GSP. They never would follow through with the shorts they promised. This is what the “real” conversation was about and nothing else! In the end, Matt decided to go with Sprawl after they guaranteed that they would produce the shorts that he wanted for the fight. In addition, most people do not know that one of Matt's jiu jitsu students is affiliated with the Sprawl Company and throughout Matt’s MMA career he remained with TAPOUT. He turned down several lucrative deals so that he could remain loyal to TAPOUT.

Everyone who knows Matt personally knows that he is a very loyal and honorable individual who tells it like it is! Matt is very proud to be the UFC Champion and looks forward to providing exciting fights in the future to all the MMA fans around the world!

Post #1   6/6/07 10:50:53PM   

hughesfan1

MMA Regular

hughesfan1 Avatar

Career:271-156
Camp: UFC 4 Life
Chips:
That pisses me off. Those jackasses @ tapout make him look bad and money hungry. Matt Sera is very honorable & respectful for the most part and it sucks to see lies & bs drag his name thru the mud.

Post #2   6/6/07 11:29:05PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
The show didn't make Serra look bad at all IMO. I'm surprised people are thinking it's such a big deal. Both are probably exaggerating their points and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Post #3   6/6/07 11:32:37PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
Damn Sponsors all over are just sucking right now.

Post #4   6/7/07 1:26:08AM   

HighKick07

Learning to Sprawl

HighKick07 Avatar

Career:778-476
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
i think they both are streching the truth.But from what i see TAPOUT guys r honorable.They didnt even bash him,if it was b.s. i think it was more right then not true.Serra like all other fighters wants money.How would it help TAPOUT to bash Serra??

Post #5   6/7/07 8:13:48AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by HighKick07

i think they both are streching the truth.But from what i see TAPOUT guys r honorable.They didnt even bash him,if it was b.s. i think it was more right then not true.Serra like all other fighters wants money.How would it help TAPOUT to bash Serra??

I'm not sure that it would help out Tapout specifically, but every TV program needs a conflict...and that's what the editors chose to go after. So, it does help their cause, as far as the TV show goes...it was most likely a production call though...and not a decision that was made by Tapout themselves. That's just showbiz.

Post #6   6/7/07 11:44:03AM