Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

For the record... Franca did not DOMINATE fisher

Print  
Posted By Message

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:
I hear lots of people saying that the Fisher/Franca fight was one sided and "all franca". Alot of people are also saying the Franca outstruck Fisher which is complete BS IMO. Fisher was very aggressive in the stand up and landed more shots then Franca did untill the stunning ending. I think alot of people are letting there hatred ofr Fisher overcloud there judgement and say that "Fisher was completly outclassed."

Now i am not saying that Fisher was winning the fight as Franca's ground control won him the first round for sure. And also props to Hermes for showing that he can deliver some damage while fighting in someone elses game.

Post #1   1/28/07 3:02:54PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
He did dominate him he land more shots,took him down at will, went for 2 leg locks and got the tko. Fisher didnt show much in this fight Hermes is head and shoulders above franca at thi point in time.

Post #2   1/28/07 3:11:54PM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Career:781-433
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:

Posted by shawneth

I hear lots of people saying that the Fisher/Franca fight was one sided and "all franca". Alot of people are also saying the Franca outstruck Fisher which is complete BS IMO. Fisher was very aggressive in the stand up and landed more shots then Franca did untill the stunning ending. I think alot of people are letting there hatred ofr Fisher overcloud there judgement and say that "Fisher was completly outclassed."

Now i am not saying that Fisher was winning the fight as Franca's ground control won him the first round for sure. And also props to Hermes for showing that he can deliver some damage while fighting in someone elses game.

i must disagree. i think im being pretty objective as i have no hatred towards fisher (am i missing something, why do people hate on him?). but its my opinion that fisher didnt inflict any damage on franca. to the best of my memory, he didnt land any hard punches or have franca in any danger at any point in the fight. in short, franca dominated. but i do think franca was getting winded right before the k.o., so who knows what wouldve happened if fisher lasted a bit longer.

Post #3   1/28/07 3:12:52PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:

Posted by punisherind

i must disagree. i think im being pretty objective as i have no hatred towards fisher (am i missing something, why do people hate on him?). but its my opinion that fisher didnt inflict any damage on franca. to the best of my memory, he didnt land any hard punches or have franca in any danger at any point in the fight. in short, franca dominated. but i do think franca was getting winded right before the k.o., so who knows what wouldve happened if fisher lasted a bit longer.

Hmmmm, i guess it's just a matter of opinion. But yeah there are lot of Fisher haters out there judging by the comments made at Sherdog. Most were something along the lines of, "I'm so happy fisher got KTFO, I hate that guy"

But its proby a good thing Hermes defeated Fisher because Hermes has a much better chance against Sherk then Fisher did. Fisher takedown defense is dreadful and doesnt have the offense off his back to control Sherk. Hopefully Franca will put an end to Sherks title reign.

Post #4   1/28/07 3:20:39PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
I don't hate Fisher. I have no problem with him. My money was on Hermes to win though. Fishers a very good fighter. Hermes just as very heavey hands. Not techinical at all. Throws haymakers, but when they land, watchout. The ground game to me was either a draw or in favor of Hermes. The standup, while Fisher is a more technical striker, he just doesn't have the power to take Hermes out. Hermes on the other hand, has the power

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #5   1/28/07 3:49:35PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by shawneth

Posted by punisherind

Hmmmm, i guess it's just a matter of opinion. But yeah there are lot of Fisher haters out there judging by the comments made at Sherdog. Most were something along the lines of, "I'm so happy fisher got KTFO, I hate that guy"

But its proby a good thing Hermes defeated Fisher because Hermes has a much better chance against Sherk then Fisher did. Fisher takedown defense is dreadful and doesnt have the offense off his back to control Sherk. Hopefully Franca will put an end to Sherks title reign.

At Sherdog, usually one of their factions Pride, UFC, Brazil, Gracie, Japan, Russian, and just about anything else you can imagine has a group of nutthuggers and or haters. I looked over there and the people who post on a thread comparable to those who are on is negligle. Personally I like Fisher, and was pulling for him. I like Franca too. However, I've wacthed that fight 4 times now and Franca did not dominate. He won, good job, and if Fisher had tried to pull guard and tie up or clinch and tie up he might have escaped and who knows. Still, he didn't escape and kudos to Franca for showing killer instinct and being a finisher. It was a very close fight till he got rocked bad in the 2nd IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   1/28/07 3:56:35PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
I didn't see the match but hopefully Spencer rebounds I think he has enormous potential at lightweight, he's quick, explosive, and dynamite once he finds his range. Im hoping for a fight with Guillard in 2007.

Post #7   1/28/07 5:18:45PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I agree.. I think he pushed the action, landed a few nice elbows from the bottom and did better in the stand-up for most of the fight.
His right hook to the body was Beeeautiful.

Post #8   1/28/07 5:32:47PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
he didnt dominate Fisher but he did win by KOing him on the feet. He did Dominate the ground fighting. the standup was even until hermes threw that big punch.

Post #9   1/28/07 5:44:55PM