Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Strikeforce's Jorge Masvidal Eyes Japan If He's Unable To Fight For Strikeforce

Print  
Posted By Message

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Career:115-100
Chips:
Standing in a queue of fighters hoping to work on a possible Jan. 12 Strikeforce card, Jorge Masvidal (23-7 MMA, 5-1 SF) has a contingency plan if the promotion can't find space or the event is canceled.

He plans to take an offer from the recently revived Japanese promotion DREAM to fight Hayato Sakurai or Satoru Kitaoka at "DREAM.18: Special NYE 2012."

"I'd much rather fight here in America because I'd get more money ... but if I have to, (I'll fight on) Dec. 31," Masvidal recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I'll be kicking ass in Japan."

Kitaoka is one of three Japanese vets expected to compete at the DREAM event, which takes place Dec. 31 event at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, with a broadcast partner to be announced. The January Strikeforce event was announced following the cancellation of a Nov. 3 event that was scrapped following injuries to two of its headliners.

Video in the link.

LINK

Post #1   11/7/12 9:59:13PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Masvidal can falter against the top dogs, but he's too talented and too young to not get paid somewhere.

Post #2   11/8/12 12:00:08AM   

Biggavelli

Standup Guy

Career:115-100
Chips:

Posted by isk

Masvidal can falter against the top dogs, but he's too talented and too young to not get paid somewhere.

I like Masvidal and wish him the best. If he does go to Japan they will love him over there because he comes to bang!

Post #3   11/8/12 3:10:20PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Yep, and he's an awesome counterpuncher. Just the kind of guy to test a very young, flashy, aggressive striker.

Post #4   11/8/12 3:24:16PM