Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BJ Penn And Rory MacDonald Engage In Heated Twitter Exchange

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Entertaining. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of either fighter. I think MacDonald is going to finish it early. BJ has losing some of his pep, especially in the comeback department.

Post #16   10/3/12 8:42:11AM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,428-751
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Keep talking Roidy Mac, all of the pressure is on you. You are the next big thing, BJ has already cemented his legacy and is a light weight.]

BJ Penn is a LW Used to be. Borderline LHW. This will be a stepping stone for Rory on his way of cementing his own legacy.
I can seriously see Rory vs. Condit II. As their next fight. That is of course GSP and Rory both win, and I think they will fairly easy IMO.

Last edited 10/3/12 11:57AM server time by JLS1980
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   10/3/12 11:56:43AM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,099-666
Chips:
Here's my prediction. They continue to bash each other. Rory picks BJ apart in the cage, gets the tko (maybe exhaustion). BJ and Rory have a new found respect for each other. An embarassed BJ predicts Rory to be champ + maybe helps out in his next training camp

Post #18   10/3/12 8:44:32PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I still think one of these guys will get injured before Dec

Post #19   10/3/12 10:47:12PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by george112

Why oh why did BJ have to have such a lame comeback?

Can't wait for this fight

I don't get why people are saying what BJ said is lame, Rory has a lot of acne/bacne and some of us have our suspicions about him juicing.

Post #20   10/4/12 1:12:29PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

what 200 pounder has Penn knocked out?

Hughes is probably around 200lbs by fight time.

Post #21   10/4/12 1:14:15PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SamPan

Here's my prediction. They continue to bash each other. Rory picks BJ apart in the cage, gets the tko (maybe exhaustion). BJ and Rory have a new found respect for each other. An embarassed BJ predicts Rory to be champ + maybe helps out in his next training camp

Here's mine, Rory tries to exchange with BJ and gets promptly KTFO with his glass chin. People still forget BJ has a really good sprawl and he usually only gets taken down against the cage. I haven't seen too many takedowns from Rory against the cage. BJ by TKO in an undeserved upset.

Post #22   10/4/12 1:16:57PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by SamPan

Here's mine, Rory tries to exchange with BJ and gets promptly KTFO with his glass chin. People still forget BJ has a really good sprawl and he usually only gets taken down against the cage. I haven't seen too many takedowns from Rory against the cage. BJ by TKO in an undeserved upset.

Yeah, Rory's shown a real glass chin so far in his career...

Post #23   10/4/12 1:19:11PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Cooler

Posted by SamPan

How does pointing out a flaw in a fighters game trolling..

Post #24   10/4/12 1:24:28PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,427-1,358
Chips:

Posted by LuckyCharms

BJ could have said " I love quarter pounders, especially with Canadian bacon. Btw After you're done rolling with GSP, be sure to wipe off all that Vaseline off you. "

Boom Comeback Accomplished !

BJ would probably be winded after typing that much.

Post #25   10/4/12 1:59:18PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Cooler

Posted by SamPan

How does pointing out a flaw in a fighters game trolling..

If you are the only one that sees something as a glaring weakness, it rarely is a stroke of genius, and usually is just you trying to rage against the machine, but I don't have to explain that to you, you know what you do around here.

Maybe BJ gets the KO, he has heavy hands and is one of the best ever, but to say Rory has a glass jaw considering he has one loss via KO after a total war with Condit, well it speaks for itself.

Post #26   10/4/12 3:08:53PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher
If you are the only one that sees something as a glaring weakness, it rarely is a stroke of genius

It's my opinion he can't take a punch, what of it first of all nobody claimed I should be getting a Nobel Prize for anything lol and secondly did you poll people? because an argument from population is pretty baseless here and does not validate you pal.

Posted by cowcatcher
and usually is just you trying to rage against the machine, but I don't have to explain that to you, you know what you do around here.

I try to rage against the machine lol that's a really bad metaphor, I'd work on that one a bit more. Especially since you're grossly exaggerating what I "do around here"

Posted by cowcatcher
Maybe BJ gets the KO, he has heavy hands and is one of the best ever, but to say Rory has a glass jaw considering he has one loss via KO after a total war with Condit, well it speaks for itself.

The one fight he really traded hands with someone he gets knocked down twice and proceeds to take the GSP route of going for the takedown asap because look what happened it cost him the fight along with a suspect gas tank. I guarantee he's going to try and take BJ down right away, but at least Rory will be looking for a devastating GnP finish unlike GSP.

Last edited 10/4/12 3:49PM server time by cooler

Post #27   10/4/12 3:47:42PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:
I'm not going to argue with the guy that got mad about the name God particle...

Post #28   10/4/12 3:50:16PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

I'm not going to argue with the guy that got mad about the name God particle...

Yes there was some confusion about why the media was calling an elementary particle the god particle, my bad Mr High Horse.

Post #29   10/4/12 3:53:48PM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,428-751
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

The one fight he really traded hands with someone he gets knocked down twice and proceeds to take the GSP route of going for the takedown asap because look what happened it cost him the fight along with a suspect gas tank. I guarantee he's going to try and take BJ down right away, but at least Rory will be looking for a devastating GnP finish unlike GSP.

He took the GSP route. The Champions route. The WW Goat route. The I never lose a round route.

War Rory War GSP War Ricci

Last edited 10/4/12 4:11PM server time by JLS1980

Post #30   10/4/12 4:10:42PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2