Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

countering with leg kicks

Print  
Posted By Message

shs101

Learning to Sprawl

Career:5-5
Chips:
Ive always been great with ending my combos with cut kicks but recently I was told you can counter people punches and forward movement with a leg kick. Interesting and was seeing if anyone can help me out with this wig an instructional or some examples of a good time? Thank you

Post #1   8/14/12 8:49:53AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,475-898
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Let's say an opponent is throwing punches. He throws a jab with his left. You can counter with kicks if you avoid the punch and time it properly, perhaps throw a roundhouse to the body/liver. That can make your opponent hesitate to open with strikes, which could help set up your punches. Of course kicks can be caught and used either to take you down, or someone can eat the kick and return fire with a punch or two. That's why I would generally throw body kicks off the counter when your opponent is swinging and missing.

Just my thoughts! As I always say I am by no means a pro, but that's my thoughts on countering with kicks. Hopefully some of our resident practitioners can hop in with their thoughts.

Post #2   8/14/12 10:43:50AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
a really hard kick can definitely stop someones attack. inside leg kicks can off balance somebody if done while they are coming forward. try to get them when they are taking a step with that foot. i like to try to get my head off line when i throw a leg kick off someones attack. then you are less likely to take a punch in the middle of your kick. try counter knees to the body also, the most painful shot ive ever took was a counter knee to my liver while i was committed to an overhand right. dropped me almost instantly.

Post #3   8/14/12 12:53:54PM