Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Drama Could Have Taken Liddell

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
If Drama had not been psyched out by all of Chuck Liddell’s bull crap hype as most of his opponents and spectators (including me) have been, Drama could have knocked out Liddell with 1 punch on Entourage. That is what Quinton “Rampage” Jackson did last night to Liddell as they had their over hyped and under whelming rematch of the last time Jackson bitch slapped Liddell.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   5/28/07 8:30:11AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I am now dumber for having read that. Who's the tool that wrote that garbage?

Post #2   5/28/07 10:47:37AM   

DevMahon

MMA Regular

DevMahon Avatar

Career:779-401
Chips:
Liddell was running away, and the scorecards are fixed. And people like to see their champions run through unfit challengers, not take on opponents who actually have a chance of beating them. This guy has rare insight into the psyche of the fight fan.

. . .

. . .

I'm sorry, I was trying to type but I couldn't stop laughing.

Post #3   5/28/07 1:16:57PM   

TuFanboi

Learning to Sprawl

TuFanboi Avatar

Career:400-204
Chips:
VICTORY!

Post #4   5/28/07 3:17:56PM   

Spiderman

MMA Regular

Spiderman Avatar

Career:72-42
Chips:
You guys are to sensitive . Whenever someone writes anything remotely negative about the ufc mma fans go crazy . Im pretty sure the thing about drama was a joke and kind of funny imo . I think you guys are missing some good points that he made in the article . The part about the quick Knockouts hurting the sport is very true ! And dana badmouthing the Delahoya fight , then to have this fight happen is pretty ironic . He also has a great point about there not being any elite stars everybody beating everybody [ allthough I think Shogun and Fedor are exceptions to that ] not really a mma hateing article just him writeing with a objective opinion . He says he thinks mma fights have fixed dec , but says the same is true of boxing . I dont know about all the fights , but some mma fights do have fixed dec same with boxing . If you think the nsac are uncorrupt ,or that they dont fix fights in vegas you really should not be complaining about this writers ignorance .

Post #5   5/28/07 4:38:42PM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Career:384-226
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
eh, he does have a slight point... there are not alot of champs right now that seem invinceable, and even though I loved the quick knockout of chuck...I kinda wish the fight had lasted to round 2 or 3.

Post #6   5/28/07 4:46:42PM   

DepDawg

Learning to Sprawl

Career:60-31
Chips:
Does that first paragraph even make sense? Damn, the reason I like MMA is because there are so many different fighters. I get sick of seeing the same boxers time after time that are getting paid $10 Million for a so-so fight. I'd much rather see a fight like Jardine and Alexander. I don't need to see an invincible champion, if they maintain themselves as a contender they'll always get their shot.

Post #7   5/28/07 8:21:57PM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
the man's an idiot

A lot of people, such as Paul Heyman, want professional wrestling to become UFC like (Antonio Inoki did that and made himself go bankrupt), but that would be a mistake and wrestling needs to keep away from UFC. How wrestling has been promoted has worked for over 100 years and is way more financially successful than boxing or UFC (no matter what worked numbers UFC comes up with), so do not rock the boat. My opinion on UFC remains the same as always as I am pretty sure it is a worked shoot where the blows and knock outs are real, but the decision victories are all pre determined like in boxing (which explains the under card fight where the guy who beat Chris Leben admitted on camera he really did not win and Liddell did his best to run away from Jackson to get to the fixed judges score cards). All the fighters are too generic in the UFC and the fights are either 2 guys rolling around on the ground or 1 guy knocking out the other guy in a minute (Griffin / Bonnar is the rare exception to the generally dull UFC fight) , so I will not be giving them any of my money any time soon.

i won't even bother to counterargue, the stupidity is overwhelming

Last edited 5/28/07 9:07PM server time by Vietnamese_Guy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   5/28/07 9:05:41PM   

Spiderman

MMA Regular

Spiderman Avatar

Career:72-42
Chips:

@ ^ How old are You ?

You really dont think the Nsac has fixed fights in Vegas ?

That is known FACT .. they probably are not all fixed like the article says , but a lot of them are .

Last edited 5/28/07 9:25PM server time by spiderman
2 total post edits

Post #9   5/28/07 9:22:49PM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
are you telling me that EVERY DECISION WIN IN THE UFC IS FIXED?

because i will figuratively hit you if you are..

His reasoning for having "fixed fights" is retarded. Some fighters like to win decisively and starnes won in my books, but he didn't win in an overwhelming fashion and thats why he said he didn't win, not because the fight is fixed.

Has he seen chuck fight? chuck always runs around the cage and avoids being trapped because he's a counter puncher, he hasn't been in a decision for 2 or 3 years.

this guys an idiot, please don't defend him. A person who thinks griffen/bonner is the "rare" exception to an exciting MMA fight is really not credible AT ALL.

Last edited 5/30/07 9:38PM server time by Vietnamese_Guy

Post #10   5/30/07 9:31:02PM