Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

secondary league combo card results

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Sometimes fights get scrapped the day of the event, sure but in that case we have 14 other fights to fall back on. That's the reason why I want more fights on these cards. Why throw the secondary league out all together when there are still hundreds of people who still make picks and enjoy it?

There are lots of people that still love L2. 600+ people played last season. Lack of cards, small cards, cards getting dropped due to scratches, these things discourage and drive people away. Combine all that with the fact no one is notified when cards are added, here we are, down 1,000 L2 participants over the last year and a half.

If we had more cards, more fights, more notice and quicker updates, that might bring people back and get the league going again.

Post #16   6/24/12 8:05:21PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Budgellism

I've said it several times before but there are a ton of familiar names fighting every single weekend. They just need to be considered. If Fedor/Rizzo wasn't too much of a squash match to be used then we can easily find 15 fights every weekend that are acceptable to use imo.

But there are too many late scratches and can't be updated in time with these smaller cards.

Says who? I follow these smaller cards all the time. Sometimes fights get scrapped the day of the event, sure but in that case we have 14 other fights to fall back on. That's the reason why I want more fights on these cards. Why throw the secondary league out all together when there are still hundreds of people who still make picks and enjoy it?

But, we aren't picking the full card on these events. It might be different if we were, but we aren't.

No, we're picking bits and pieces of several events. We have the potential to add multiple fights from multiple promotions. From what I've seen they can make at least 18 fight cards from several different events. There are no shortage of promotions holding events every weekend. Usually 10 to anywhere up to 30+ events in a single weekend. Take a bunch of fights from Bellator (which will be a weekly event) and then bits and pieces from other events. Very easy to build a 15 fight card from that.

Post #17   6/24/12 8:06:37PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

No, we're picking bits and pieces of several events. We have the potential to add multiple fights from multiple promotions. From what I've seen they can make at least 18 fight cards from several different events. There are no shortage of promotions holding events every weekend. Usually 10 to anywhere up to 30+ events in a single weekend. Take a bunch of fights from Bellator (which will be a weekly event) and then bits and pieces from other events. Very easy to build a 15 fight card from that.

But, we've got one busy guy, who controls it and I'm sure it's a lot work for him to keep up with.

Post #18   6/24/12 10:29:49PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

But, we've got one busy guy, who controls it and I'm sure it's a lot work for him to keep up with.

I agree. I would love to give him and hand with it but obviously I'm a stranger to him and I haven't been a forum poster for a very long time. Kpro knows more than I do with secondary type cards as well though and he's a respected member. He's also voiced concerns with the secondary league in the past. I don't want to speak for the guy but if they needed a hand I'm sure he would be all for it.

I don't mean to sound like an ungrateful, needy prick with all these posts. I know a lot of work goes into this site behind the scenes and these guys clearly care about the site and its members. I just love where the site is going and I would like to see this area of the site progress with the rest of it. I'd be bummed if they had to get rid of it all together and I know a lot of other members would feel the same way.

Last edited 6/24/12 11:25PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   6/24/12 11:25:37PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I agree. I would love to give him and hand with it but obviously I'm a stranger to him and I haven't been a forum poster for a very long time. Kpro knows more than I do with secondary type cards as well though and he's a respected member. He's also voiced concerns with the secondary league in the past. I don't want to speak for the guy but if they needed a hand I'm sure he would be all for it.

I don't mean to sound like an ungrateful, needy prick with all these posts. I know a lot of work goes into this site behind the scenes and these guys clearly care about the site and its members. I just love where the site is going and I would like to see this area of the site progress with the rest of it. I'd be bummed if they had to get rid of it all together and I know a lot of other members would feel the same way.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the new changes and hope things are a lot more streamlined. I've sent in fight cards for L2 in the past including at least a dozen fights that would all be on HDNet and/or streamed online at Junkie, Sherdog, etc and was told their wasn't enough there to make an 8 fight card. If there was no seal of approval on if L2 has enough `name value`, I'd compile a 14-18 fight card for every single weekend because the 10% who play, know these guys or are playing to get to know these guys. I know all of the new changes will be great for the site, I just am not sure how much thought L2 received in the revamp so I'm very eager to see. As always, I'm available to help with it.

Last edited 6/27/12 4:02AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   6/27/12 3:51:09AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2