Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping Onboard For UFC 75

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
UK light heavyweight standout Michael “The Count” Bisping has confirmed that he will be fighting on September 8 at UFC 75 against an unnamed opponent. The wildly popular local fighter earned a second round TKO at April 21's UFC 70 against Elvis Sinosic in Manchester, just miles down the road from his Clithoroe township.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   5/21/07 8:49:28PM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar

Career:513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:
Baring injury to either man, Bisping will be fighting Lyoto Machida.

Post #2   5/21/07 9:25:38PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by NME

That just made my day!

Post #3   5/22/07 9:48:00AM   

fightdavejordan

MMA Regular

fightdavejordan Avatar

Career:208-139
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:
bisping is going to pound is ass like he did elvis

Last edited 5/22/07 12:20PM server time by fightdavejordan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   5/22/07 12:19:51PM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar

Career:513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:

Posted by fightdavejordan

What?

Bisping sort of got clobbered by Sinosic before his triumphant comeback.

Machida, of course, never fought Sinosic.

I like Machida in this fight, but I'm surprised they would book it. Machida just had a largely boring fight in England, which left many folks I've talked to sour on the guy. Boring though he may be, he is a very skilled fighter. So you put him in against Bisping, who is still raw to a certain extent, where Machida may get the worst out of Bisping and beat him in spectacularly boring fashion.

But then if Bisping wins, I he will probably, at that point, be one or two fights from a title shot. But again, to me that is a big if at this point.

Post #5   5/22/07 1:51:36PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by fightdavejordan

It's definatley not that simple. I think this is a great matchup. I would probably give a slight edge to Machida...because Bisping is more apt to make a mistake. If he makes a single mistake like he has done in his last two fights, Machida will end it quickly.

I am also somewhat surprised that the UFC is putting this match together, but they have been on an Undefeated vs Undefeated kick lately. If Machida would of had a more exciting outing last time, I would see the UFC still trying to capitalize on his mysteriousness.

Post #6   5/22/07 2:57:30PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by NME

I can't read the article at work... Was that confirmed in the text? Or somewhere else? Just a speculation?

Could mean that they'll finally take Ryo off of the dark matches... Should be a good fight, I think Bisbing is aggressive enough to bring the fight out of Machida... But I think Lyoto is too elusive and accurate with his strikes... Machida by KO (knee strike) in the 2nd...

Post #7   5/22/07 3:04:48PM