Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Heath Herring was a total disappointment

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Harshaw27

Learning to Sprawl

Harshaw27 Avatar

Career:308-189
Chips:
Agreed that it was a piss poor performance on HH's part, but if the match makers in the UFC wanted to showcase HH's skills and energy they would have put him in a fight with another striker. Not a wrestler. Screw the classic "striker vs grappler" b.s. HH is new to most fans of the UFC so put him in there with someone who will trade with him.

Post #16   1/27/07 12:14:26AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

In the interview on the UFC he said he torn a ligament or something in his knee and kept his stance low to protect his leg. But who knows.... I myself was dissapointed in Herring performace, but at the same time I think he saved the fight from being a complete dissaster. During the last minute he was on his knees trying to knock the guy out and the crowd respected him for it, while O'Brian was just laying there. You can tell from the reaction after the fight, everyone booo'ed O'Brian for laying on top of him and cheered for Heath for bringing some energy into the fight. I hope Heath comes back in better shape, because I still think he's a force when he's in shape. His goal in the fight was to keep it standing and he held on to O'brian to make that happen but John wasn't giving it to him for somereason, who was clearly O'brian was LNP. So I tip my hat to Heath for at least trying to save the fight.

Agreed. As for O'brien geting in a good camp, how bout Herring? Does anyone know who he trains with now? He's US based now he should call up Militech/Jackson and get back in shape .

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   1/27/07 1:28:19AM   

RedScorpion

Learning to Sprawl

RedScorpion Avatar

Career:14-11
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
i heard he had a torned MCL. it was also a big dissappointing match to me. ok i respect an injured fighter, but why the big mouth? he looked like a freaking gilbert yvel( always frustrating on the ground) with his talk.

Post #18   1/27/07 6:17:03AM   

saintbice

Learning to Sprawl

saintbice Avatar

Career:425-306
Camp: Pennsylvania Posse
Chips:
i can see why people say that heath did not look good but o'brain wanted a wrestling match not a fight i never want to watch another o'brain fight again if all he is going to do is lay & Pray heath wanted to put on a show and knock somebody out for the fans but thats not the best way to go into a fight he should have worried about what he had to do to win his fight

Post #19   1/27/07 10:50:54AM   

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
that fight sucked i was very dissapointed with heath

Post #20   1/27/07 12:58:03PM   

ufcbadboy

Learning to Sprawl

ufcbadboy Avatar

Career:184-138
Chips:
Did anyone else noticed that he was taking long, deep breaths with his mouth open while he was walking to the octagon? Also, he takes about 3 puffs from his inhaler just before stepping into the octagon. Even Joe Rogan made a comment about it. Could Asthma have been a factor?

Post #21   1/27/07 6:04:37PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
zephead found this and put up a link to it. I'll paste it, it explains a lot.

Date: 01/26/07 06:23 PM
2556 Total Posts Ignore User

I talked to Heath last night after the fight at a restaurant, and he told me he had a torn MCL for that fight. That's why he had that weird stance, and that's why he couldn't explode off his back or sprawl. I told him that I wished that I had known that before the fight because it explains a lot, but he said he didn't want to give any excuses. That's a credit to the way he thinks, but it's not really an excuse as much as it's an explanation. This is taking nothing away from Jake, because I think Jake fought a great fight and displayed some solid skills, but anyone that's seen Heath fight before knows that wasn't him out there.
I know some people thought I was a little harsh in my commentary, and I understand that, but I've got to be honest. It wasn't insulting, it was just exactly how I saw it. Knowing now about the injury, it all makes sense, and i wish I had that info while the fight was going on. I've always been a fan of Heath and the way he fights, so I'm really looking forward to him healing up so we can see him fight up to potential that I know he's capable of. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Heath.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #22   1/27/07 6:32:28PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
WAR HEATH! WARRRR.....!!!! HAHA... felt like doing a little sherdoging...

Post #23   1/27/07 10:38:48PM   

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
the lay n pray was bs we need yellow cards

Post #24   1/28/07 1:47:59AM   

SICKRICK

Banned

Career:29-13
Chips:
mma the moderator is a big disappointment to me, i mean that in the nicest way please dont suspend me please

Post #25   1/29/07 7:49:29AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
apparently he had a bad knee of some sort.

Post #26   1/29/07 9:53:37AM   

Hwarang

MMA Regular

Hwarang Avatar

Career:62-39
Camp: Islenska mma deildin
Chips:
he sucked and i don't care for any excuse he sucked big time

Post #27   1/29/07 11:13:32AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2