Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

First Blood

Print  
Posted By Message

bellefaithwilliams

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
First time I step inside the mat for spar for a ground fight. I've never forget the feeling of being so empty. I don't what is in to me. I could not preform the techniques I've practiced. All I'm thinking is to survive and survive the spar.

But, after minutes in the ground. One thing I've done incredibly right. To escape, grab and hold, then submit... I WON...

Post #1   7/27/11 6:58:51AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bellefaithwilliams

First time I step inside the mat for spar for a ground fight. I've never forget the feeling of being so empty. I don't what is in to me. I could not preform the techniques I've practiced. All I'm thinking is to survive and survive the spar.

But, after minutes in the ground. One thing I've done incredibly right. To escape, grab and hold, then submit... I WON...

Good job man

Post #2   7/27/11 7:10:08AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Moved to the Training Forum.

Post #3   7/27/11 8:31:39AM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,436-881
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

i've had quite a few sparring sessions that have went that way. I got tooled once for about 15 minutes and when my sparring partner was taking my back I somehow rolled over and in the process I somehow locked in a triangle choke. I wish somebody had had a camera at the time and had been recording it because neither he nor I have any idea how the hell I did it. It's like my body just took over for that split second and took things into it's own hands. There are few things that feel better than coming from behind like that, and if you're anything like me, you won't be able to stop smiling for a week. You'll be like "I am the man! Fear my awesomeness!"

Post #4   7/27/11 7:18:18PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:

Is that haiku or something?

I thought this thread was gonna beat about Rambo... dissapoint!

Last edited 7/27/11 10:21PM server time by DeadHead988
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   7/27/11 10:20:36PM