Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Luckiest find?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by rcg916

When I was 8, I found a 20 dollar bill at Disneyland. When I remarked excitedly out loud about it, the elderly female clerk claimed it was hers (even though she was on the other side of the store) and actually physically took it from my hand before my parents could say anything...

Mean old lady.

Man. Thats when some people should be smited down by higher powers. Luckliy if that happens in forums we have MOD's but in the D-land, doubtless anything goes.

Post #16   4/22/07 10:19:11AM   

hcazlekker

Banned

Career:34-26
Chips:
These aren't really lucky finds I guess, its funny though.

When I was going through my pot smoking phase in highschool, I would hide money around my room; inside books, in my suit, between my mattress, pinned behind posters, etc.

Well, I guess I had forgot I had hidden money a few times. I've come across three $20s; one hidden in the pages of an old text book, one pinned behind a poster, and another in the inside pocket of my suit. Haha.

I'm always finding cool *hit in my dreams, like wads of cash, diamonds, jars of quarters, etc. I've woken up a few times only to realize I didn't have whatever I had found in my dream. Its very disappointing, LOL.

Post #17   4/22/07 3:00:40PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by rcg916

When I was 8, I found a 20 dollar bill at Disneyland. When I remarked excitedly out loud about it, the elderly female clerk claimed it was hers (even though she was on the other side of the store) and actually physically took it from my hand before my parents could say anything...

Mean old lady.

Man. Thats when some people should be smited down by higher powers. Luckliy if that happens in forums we have MOD's but in the D-land, doubtless anything goes.

We can only hope things worked out as they should, lol

Glad someone has my back now, Im here much more than Disneyland!
War MODS!

... My mom shouldve high kicked her...

Post #18   4/22/07 4:20:18PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
Me dads an HVAC tech..and him always being in peoples attics basements and garages...he found sports card that these peoples kids had when they lived at home..and he would ask them if they still wanted them and they would say no most of the time..i cant explain how many sets and singles of cards from the 50 60 70's ive got..i almost had the complete set of the topps fotball with the black borders from the 80's i hear its one of the hardest sets to complete but i dunno havent collected or bought a pack of cards since the mid 90's i still got some complete sets and stuff just sitting around..but the most valuable would be the Jim Brown Rookie card.i should put em on ebay and stuff..i dont have anything minted or graded but still i need to get rid of em.

Post #19   4/24/07 6:29:35PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by hcazlekkerI'm always finding cool *hit in my dreams, like wads of cash, diamonds, jars of quarters, etc. I've woken up a few times only to realize I didn't have whatever I had found in my dream. Its very disappointing, LOL.

HA! I hear ya. I had a dream a few years back when I was really hard up for money, and I dreamt I'd found an old paycheck for $400 and put it my safe, so when I woke up, I thought it was real and then I couldn't find it. I was bullshit for a good 15 minutes until I realized I'd never keep a paycheck laying around and not cash it, and that it never happened.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #20   4/25/07 2:29:01AM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
i work as a doorman in a nightclub in england and whilst you normally find money the best thing i've found was a watch..

the story goes

we had an act on inside the club and i was on stage to stop anyone getting on.. when i'd finished i returned to the door and there were loads of people that had been refused (for whatever reasons) and there in front of every body outside was this watch i picked it up and asked all the guys i was working with if it was thiers or if there had been any trouble
everyone said no so i pocketed the watch and when i looked it was an armani watch so i took it to the jewellers and had it valued and it was worth £100 minimum....
needless to say it looks great on my wrist

Post #21   4/25/07 10:07:30PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2