Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

pride 33

Print  
Posted By Message

llblagg

Learning to Sprawl

llblagg Avatar

Career:16-12
Chips:
i know pride has signed cung le and zelg.
any word on any of them fighting on the pride 33 card.
has anyone heard of any other rumored fights for pride 33.
I heard Brandon vera and aarona might be happening.

Post #1   1/25/07 11:04:44AM   

--Hinch--

Probably a terrorist.

--Hinch-- Avatar

Career:73-56
Camp: Platinum Mafia
Chips:

Posted by llblagg

i know pride has signed cung le and zelg.
any word on any of them fighting on the pride 33 card.
has anyone heard of any other rumored fights for pride 33.
I heard Brandon vera and aarona might be happening.

Arona has stated he's not fighting.

The only BTT fighter to be representing is Lil Nog.

It was on the BTT website. I'm too lazy to go to Sherdog to dig up the link.

Post #2   1/25/07 11:06:06AM   

llblagg

Learning to Sprawl

llblagg Avatar

Career:16-12
Chips:
cool i thought i heard that too, but then i look at the updated pride website and it has a list of pride participants.

Post #3   1/25/07 11:19:02AM   

--Hinch--

Probably a terrorist.

--Hinch-- Avatar

Career:73-56
Camp: Platinum Mafia
Chips:

Posted by llblagg

cool i thought i heard that too, but then i look at the updated pride website and it has a list of pride participants.

The problem is those are usually a little innacurate up until much nearer the event.

Much like their event posters. really.

Post #4   1/25/07 11:28:17AM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
I cant wait to see Cung Le fight in Pride I have been a fan of his for years anyone heard who he is going to fight?

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #5   1/25/07 4:25:01PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'm just stoked they released the card early. They are learning, I think Pride might be hear to stay now. As much as I love the UFC I think monopolys are bad, especially for the fighters .

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   1/25/07 4:37:51PM   

Gomiera

Learning to Sprawl

Gomiera Avatar

Career:169-78
Camp: Strictly MMA
Chips:

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

I cant wait to see Cung Le fight in Pride I have been a fan of his for years anyone heard who he is going to fight?

There were rumors it was Robbie Lawler. Not exactly sure how credible the source is though.

Post #7   1/25/07 4:44:46PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by Gomiera

There were rumors it was Robbie Lawler. Not exactly sure how credible the source is though.

Oh yeah I remember hearing about that now.

Post #8   1/25/07 4:54:03PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Gomiera

Oh yeah I remember hearing about that now.

I think Cung Lee would kick lawler into next week. Probably be a quick fight with them throwing down though. I hope this rumor is true, because I will be looking for wagers if it is.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   1/25/07 5:30:49PM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:

Posted by Gomiera

i'm pretty sure robbie's still fighting at ifl atlanta

Post #10   1/25/07 5:39:13PM   

swazymaq

Learning to Sprawl

swazymaq Avatar

Career:6-3
Camp: The American hillbilly
Chips:
Both are badass fighters!

Post #11   1/30/07 2:04:20PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
IMO, Cung Lee made a name for himself in Sansho matches where he faced no real competition... I'm not trying to knock the guy, but beating up on Von Flu doesn't mean much when it comes to proving yourelf as an MMA fighter. I have never seen Lee in a real war... Does he have the chin? Does he have the heart? He sure isn't used to losing, what would happen if he was GnP'd for a round? A lot of questions are yet to be answered, IMO...

I hadn't heard about him fighting Robbie, but I thought there was a rumor going around that he would be Zelg Galesic's first fight in the Pride ring... That would be a great matchup...

Sure would be cool to see a flying sciccor kick >>> heel hook, if he's got it in him though...

Post #12   1/30/07 2:21:09PM