Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Whole new respct

Print  
Posted By Message

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
So iv been interested in mma for about 8 years,i am very educated as far as the fights go and spectating,but my buddy talked me into going down and training.So i did and i dont regret it i enjoyed it i got a good workout and did it while doing the sport i like most.Iv done football 4 years,basketball,8 and baseball 6.I consider myself athletic but after waking up today i see a LITTLE taste of what they do.Anyway i know its soon and i dont want to jump the gun but i am a very fast learner iv submitted purple belts before.I know im going to want to test my skills i learn after a while im just cureous on how long should i wait before maybe trying some amatuer stuff...............Thanks for input in advance

Post #1   4/25/10 10:46:07PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

So iv been interested in mma for about 8 years,i am very educated as far as the fights go and spectating,but my buddy talked me into going down and training.So i did and i dont regret it i enjoyed it i got a good workout and did it while doing the sport i like most.Iv done football 4 years,basketball,8 and baseball 6.I consider myself athletic but after waking up today i see a LITTLE taste of what they do.Anyway i know its soon and i dont want to jump the gun but i am a very fast learner iv submitted purple belts before.I know im going to want to test my skills i learn after a while im just cureous on how long should i wait before maybe trying some amatuer stuff...............Thanks for input in advance

Wow subbing purple belts on the first day is amazing congrats man. I would work the stand up game and takedown game to death before I entered the cage if I where u.

Post #2   4/26/10 12:03:04AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Wow subbing purple belts on the first day is amazing congrats man. I would work the stand up game and takedown game to death before I entered the cage if I where u.

maybe you should go to a school where the purple belts arent Sh!t, seriously.

Post #3   4/28/10 10:39:19AM   

theruler_

MMA Regular

theruler_ Avatar

Career:47-28
Chips:
your coach will probably advise you when he thinks you are ready.
personally. i would forget about having tapped purple belts. it's very unlikely you could submit a purple belt through gracie barra or any other highly respected bjj line without extensive training.

good luck

Post #4   5/1/10 5:47:42AM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by postman

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

maybe you should go to a school where the purple belts arent Sh!t, seriously.

Post #5   5/2/10 9:45:33PM   

DBockman

MMA Regular

DBockman Avatar

Career:95-88
Camp: Phenoms of The MMA
Chips:
HI

Post #6   12/29/10 4:25:09AM