Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Arona’s mind on the ADCC

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

Ricardo Arona has no time to lament. Knocked out by Rameau Sokodjou last Sunday, at Pride 34, the Brazilian Top Team black belt is already looking ahead and worrying about getting over the illness - suspected dengue fever - that affected his performance in his battle with the Cameroonian. "I am confirmed at the ADCC, to fight in the under-99kg category. I want to get better fast, as I have little time,"said Arona to GRACIEMAG.com.

When questioned about the possibility of facing Roger Gracie in the superfight, since the current champion Dean Lister is out due to injury, Arona says he sees no problem in that. “I don’t know anything about that yet, but I would surely accept. That even picks me up a bit, it would be an interesting fight,” said Arona, who was absent from the last ADCC because of the Pride middleweight Grand Prix, and thus did not defend the superfight title he won in 2003 with a win over Mark Kerr.

Set for the 5th and 6th of May, ADCC 2007 has not yet announced the substitute for Dean Lister. So stay tuned to GRACIEMAG.com to find out all the news relating to the greatest submission grappling event on the planet.

Post #1   4/14/07 12:48:46PM