Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Randy Couture on Fedor: "If I get to fight him I'll be all over that

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

Nokaut: With the purchase of PRIDE the big talk isn’t so much your next title fight, instead the big name popping up is Fedor. What are your thoughts there?

Randy: I think contrary to what most people think, Fedor has his hands full with Matt Lindland here this weekend [laughs]. Matt is one of those junkyard dogs that doesn’t go away easily and has a tendency to make everybody’s fights look terrible. You can’t count Matt out, even if he still loses but makes a good fight out of it, it is still a win-win for him. I think Fedor is, no question, pound for pound probably the best fighter in the world right now and with the two organizations sort of coming under the same ownership it certainly opens the possibility for me to fight him. I got into this to fight the best guys so if I get to fight him I’ll be all over that.

Post #1   4/12/07 12:23:52PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,500-932
Chips:
I love Randy to death, but I don't know if he can hang with Fedor in the end... either way I think this fight will be quite a matchup. Both of these guys are among the most intelligent MMA strategists in the game from where I'm sitting, and I admire the fact that Randy has the gonads to call out the mighty Russian cyborg

Post #2   4/12/07 2:03:57PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

I love Randy to death, but I don't know if he can hang with Fedor in the end... either way I think this fight will be quite a matchup. Both of these guys are among the most intelligent MMA strategists in the game from where I'm sitting, and I admire the fact that Randy has the gonads to call out the mighty Russian cyborg

Randy could take him down, mark coleman did several times and think randy is a much better wrestler than coleman. The difference is couture would be better at controlling fedor unlike coleman who both times left himself open to an arm bar.
Would be another beautiful upset.

Post #3   4/12/07 5:25:15PM   

chris_armour

Learning to Sprawl

chris_armour Avatar

Career:221-165
Chips:
Randy should never be counted out of any fight, especially after beating Sylvia in such dominant fashion. I think he could give Fedor a better fight than many of the other top ranked heavyweights right now could. In the end I think the factor that wins this fight for Fedor is brute strength and great planning.

That being said I do think that Fedor will lose sometime this year. He has not faced any truly great competition in a while and it is hard to stay at the peak when you aren't testing yourself against the best.

Post #4   4/12/07 7:08:41PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
awsume fight period

Post #5   4/12/07 9:03:58PM   

hook_tothe_body

Standup Guy

hook_tothe_body Avatar

Career:415-290
Camp: 368
Chips:
Wow, Randy vs. Fedor.

At first glance you think it would be a really good fight until eventually Fedor took control of the fight and either tired Randy out, or got a submission or TKO.

But Fedor has been out-wrstled before, and like a guy above me said takened down by Coleman a few times, so it's not like Randy would have no chance against Fedor.

Would be a hell of a fight.

Post #6   4/12/07 10:33:39PM