Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard To Main Event UFN 20

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Diaz UD. Good fight.

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #16   10/21/09 8:06:03AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,169-1,711
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Diaz will be on his back for 3 rounds attempting sub after sub.

Gray will lay on him the entire time and hopefully get caught in a triangle.

Post #17   10/21/09 8:20:32AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 43-10

sparky Avatar

Career:4,834-2,653
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by higdon10

Posted by prozacnation1978

i don't see how u could not give gray a title shot if he wins
but if he does does that mean he would leap frog over frankie ?? for a title shot??

Gray beat Edgar last year, I think he is already ahead of him.

I agree completely

Post #18   10/21/09 10:51:19AM   

cj_striker

MMA Regular

cj_striker Avatar

Career:341-252
Camp: Crucible Fighting Systems
Chips:
At first I was kind of disappointed in this match up, because I felt as if Gray should be facing someone ahead of Diaz in the LW picking order. But after looking at the top contenders after Diego if gets a little tricky as to who Gray should even face for the next #1 contender spot. Because Gray has already defeated Frankie Edgar who has defeated Sherk and Tyson (two other top five contenders), Sherk beat Tyson and Florian, and Florian beat Joe Daddy has beaten Diaz, and Tyson beat Guida who beat Diaz as well, so it's like who would deserve the match with Gray for the next #1 contender. So I guess I see why Diaz, since Diaz is the only guy to defeat Gray, even though it didn't officially count, and after Gray beats him he gets a title shot. But just looking at the top LW contenders makes who scratch your head as to who would get the next shot after Gray (if Gray does beat Diaz). I'm pretty sure I would put Edgar in the next contender match (if he defeats Pelligrino), but his opponent is the hard part, I guess Florian would be the obvious choice if he can defeat Guida, but I'm not sure just one win (even against Guida) since your last shot at the title would get you another. Stevenson has been just to up and down since he loss to B.J., even though he has only lost to Florian and Sanchez since then. Sherk got defeated by Edgar already and Griffin lost to Edgar and Sherk. I guess we'll see what happens, it would really be crazy if Gray loses to Diaz, then what?

Post #19   10/21/09 4:19:37PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,953-1,167
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
This should be a great fight. I think Gray Maynard has improved alot since the show, but at the same time his sub defense might not be where it needs to be with a submission stud like Diaz.

I could see Gray winning it on the feet or grinding out a decision, or Nate could catch him.

Either way, good match up.

Post #20   10/21/09 5:06:34PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I could see people saying maybe Gray needs 1 more high profile fight in order to be #1 contender, but looking at the numbers it is very hard to deny him a shot at #1 contender status. He's 6-0 in the UFC and most wins have been over notable opponents.

Rich Clementi (Say what you will about Clementi, I still think this dude is on the brink of being a top notch fighter)
Frankie Edgar
Jim Miller
Roger Huerta

Add Nate Diaz to that list and it's hard to argue for his status. Plus, say what you will about Gray doing a LnP, but his boxing has improved tremendously. This guy is on the rise and if you're not on the bandwagon now you will be soon. He doesn't have many rungs left on the ladder before he's fighting for the top.

Post #21   10/21/09 5:36:42PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Gray's just gotta finish. He's one of those guys who's falling into the "Okami Complex"-he's winning consistently and his gameplan works well but by not impressive enough ways to impress Dana. But like Machida, that one big finish is all it could take. But this isn't going to be easy, Nate needs this fight to turn things around.

Post #22   10/21/09 5:39:51PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Except Gray is almost always featured on the main card in bouts he's in. Okami is constantly shoved on the undercard

Post #23   10/21/09 7:17:51PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Looks like a great card and an awesome main event. A TUF rematch with title implications!!! I am very uncertain of the outcome of it though. Grey has looked very impressive but he hasnt faced Diaz's level of BJJ to this point and that might be a negative as Grey loves the topposition and Diaz is very good from his back....just ask Kurt Pelligrino!!???

Post #24   10/21/09 9:45:47PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I have high hopes for both of them and both are have great futures, but I like Diaz again in this one. I'm hoping Gray gets Sherk soon hopefully after this win or lose and hopefully Diaz if he wins can get Florian or something. But I see him winning with his good tough stand up and slick submissions. I think Gray will bully him in the 1st but I think Diaz will turn it up late and be able to squeeze this one out by decision or even a slick submision.

Post #25   10/21/09 11:29:50PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2