Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Answer to fight camp rankings question

Print  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Some of you have asked me for detail on this, and I have investigate i with the new programmers considerable help. This is what we deduced. It is straight forwar, and easily understandable.

Here's how it works.

Camp member count is determined by the average number of people in a camp who made at least 1 fight pick for an event. Your performance sticks! This means that if you were in Camp A for UFC 92, then leave for Camp B for UFC 93, your performance and presence for UFC 92 is still associated with Camp A. The camp member count is not skewed in any fashion if a camp is formed after the first event of the season. Camp member count is used to decide what "weight class" a camp is in. All further rankings discussed below will be relative to the camp's weight class.

Once an event takes place, all camps in a division are ranked on three criteria: average earnings rank, average point score rank, average pick percentage (AKA "win-loss record") rank. By factoring the point total you penalize "cherry-pickers" who try to earn higher camp rankings by only picking the results on easy fights. By factoring in the pick percentage you reward the camps who had the pick right, but just missed an ending detail, which is understandable.

At the season's end, your average rank for each of these three categories for the entire season is calculated and stored in an ordered table. These three numbers are then added together and multiplied by .7 plus.03 per event participated in. This last bit was added to prevent someone from forming a camp at the season's end, doing good for 1 event, then running away with the crown.

The camps are then ordered by the lowest total and given that number as their final rank.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #1   1/28/09 9:26:14PM   

Whispering_Death

MMA Regular

Whispering_Death Avatar

Career:657-339
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Are score, pick %, and earnings weighted equaly or are some more important than others?

Last edited 3/8/09 6:38PM server time by Whispering_Death
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   3/8/09 6:38:19PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Whispering_Death

Are score, pick %, and earnings weighted equaly or are some more important than others?

I believe they are all equal which is why some camps lose big on earnings. At least thats how I see it

Post #3   3/8/09 6:55:14PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
is it only a reflection of the primary league or a combination of the two?

Post #4   4/8/09 9:10:17PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Primary. Camps are not ranked by Secondary League performances.

Post #5   4/9/09 5:22:08AM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
thanks

Post #6   4/9/09 3:44:53PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Quick question

I was looking over the rankings for my division and noticed a camp that hasn't competed in all 8 events like my camp has yet they are ranked higher.

How is that possible?

Can they be that much better??

I thought it wouldnt be possible for someone to skip an event and be on top of someone who hasn't skipped

Post #7   7/12/12 2:52:58PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Ttt

Post #8   7/15/12 9:30:24AM