Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Whats next for Wand?

Print  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
after being destroyed by wand, ripped apart by hendo, whats next for wandy? i think hes going to go the ufc, and get dominated by chuck. 3 losses in a row could be devasting for a guy like wandy, dont know how he might take it.

is there any reason for him to stay in pride? if shogun wins hendo (which many ppl think, but i disagree with) he wont fight him.. maybe a rematch with hendo, but i dont see him as the #1 contender..

your thoughts ?

Post #1   2/26/07 1:08:55AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,000-1,126
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I agree he should go to the UFC and even though I think he will lose at least we will finally see him and Chuck. Shogun deserves his shot.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/26/07 1:11:26AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
haha i think in the first part of your post, you mean 'after being destroyed by cro cop' and not 'after being destroyed by wand'.. that would be funny if wanderlei got destroyed by himself

on a serious note though..

if he stays in PRIDE, a match with rogerio should be next IMO.. both coming off losses, the match would still have a huge draw.. if he leaves, the UFC or EXC would probably snatch him up in a hurry.. we wouldnt see chuck/wand anytime soon, but i think the UFC would still want to sign him, no doubt

Post #3   2/26/07 9:07:19AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
dude...Hendo Knocked Wandy the f#ck out!!!..(now i know how it looks would look like to KO a gorilla,or King Kong....thats what wandy looked like to me when he was going down)

to me honest i think Wandy'd days are over.I dont even see him in the top 10 any time in the future,i just think his weaknesses have been exposed and i think ANY of the top 5 UFC LHW's can beat him now

he has a better shot in PRIDE of at least winning some fights since they have many cans they can throw his way,but yea i would like him to come to the UFC just for the hell of it...maybe the cage will help him

Post #4   2/26/07 9:36:49AM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
Wanderlei’s tonsils were swollen. He had a temperature of 40 degrees.We need a rematch.Chute Boxe has said either Wandy or Shogun will take on Henerson to bring the championship back to Brasil.

Post #5   2/26/07 12:38:45PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,805-1,103
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
Wanderlei is a warrior; I think at the very least he needs to have a tune up fight or two. He has fought nothing but top notch opponents for quite awhile and it's taking his toll. Add that up with the fact that he trains with one of the hardest training gyms in Chute Boxe and you've got a lot of extra mileage on his body.

Post #6   2/26/07 12:40:44PM   

Dadaman

MMA Regular

Dadaman Avatar

Career:61-42
Chips:
Wanderlei is still a game competitor. He is still a warrior. And he still has beef with the the UFC's Main Attraction, and their Rising Star. He's going to come back rested and healed. He's going to KO some top 10s and go fight Chuck and Rampage by Summer 2010.

Post #7   2/26/07 1:43:57PM   

Macho_Matt

Learning to Sprawl

Macho_Matt Avatar

Career:31-16
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Wandy vs. Ortiz would be cash money for UFC!

Think about it, both ex-champs, both probably can't get back to the absolute top of the mountain, but they are both crowd favorites, good fighters and PPV money makers!

Chuck would probably knock him out, that is very clear. Wandy has shown he has a bit of a glass jaw. Ortiz is not a stand up striker, more of a takedown, then ground and pound. I think Wandy could have a much better fight with him!

Last edited 2/26/07 1:49PM server time by Macho_Matt
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/26/07 1:48:27PM   

Dadaman

MMA Regular

Dadaman Avatar

Career:61-42
Chips:
Fireworks would fly in a Wand vs. Tito fight. They are in similar situations right now
(both young 30yr olds reaching the end of their prime reign, coming off devastating losses).

But the UFC has NOTHING to gain from this fight. It'd be easier to market Wand. vs Chuck or Wand. vs Rampage.

Post #9   2/26/07 1:52:29PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Macho_Matt

Wandy vs. Ortiz would be cash money for UFC!

Think about it, both ex-champs, both probably can't get back to the absolute top of the mountain, but they are both crowd favorites, good fighters and PPV money makers!

Chuck would probably knock him out, that is very clear. Wandy has shown he has a bit of a glass jaw. Ortiz is not a stand up striker, more of a takedown, then ground and pound. I think Wandy could have a much better fight with him!

wandy and glass jaw should not be in the same sentance.. it's not the GREATEST jaw but his recovery time makes up for it !

Post #10   2/26/07 9:55:52PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
I think Wandy has a great chin, being dropped doesn't mean you have a bad chin. He's been dropped a lot, even by guys like Hunt and recovered. He was KOed by an accumulation of blows, I really beleive he was really rocked from the spinning backfist and it was downhill from there.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   2/26/07 10:02:26PM   

Mantis

Learning to Sprawl

Mantis Avatar

Career:88-39
Chips:
Let shogun try a capture the belt from hendo and see how he fares. Give wandy some warm up matches then face little nog. If shogun wins the title o boy bad for Wand b.c him and shogun would never fight.

Post #12   2/26/07 10:02:39PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
I think Wandy going to the UFC would be the best thing for him and MMA fans as a whole. However, he was the champ a long time, and if he wants a immediate rematch I think he's earned it. That being said, I think the best thing for all is for him to go to the UFC and let Shogun take a crack at Hendo in Pride.

The Iron Code

Post #13   2/26/07 10:04:56PM