Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fighters being outclassed

Print  
Posted By Message

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
The reason people think these fighters are injured is because you never seen them get beat convincely... it happens. Don't try to blame it on injures. I'll admit I am a BIG rich fan you seen his fight with silva he was just outclassed that night. People need to understand when you lose a fight they are not gonna look like the same fighter. Sometimes fighters have bad nights, and yes sometimes they fight injured, and they shouldn't. The fact remains they lost fair and square in the ring accept it.

Please stop discrediting the winning fighter they worked hard for the win no matter how much you like them. Any true MMA fan should have some respect for all fighters. Unless fighters don't respect the fans.

note: Yes this is aimed at all the post being made after the pride ppv saying fighters where sick or something wasn't right.

I do admit there where some shocking upsets though.

Last edited 2/25/07 12:32PM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #1   2/25/07 12:28:32PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Apparently for the Franklin vs Silva fight, Rich had a stomach flu a couple of days ago and he was still trying to get over it for the fight.

That's what I heard anyways. It doesn't really matter though because he tried to stand with Silva which was stupid since Silva is a better striker than Franklin.

Franklin can regain his fight if he fights smart and takes the fight to the ground and work on GnP (and watch out for submissions, those long legs are deadly!).

Post #2   2/25/07 1:30:15PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by shackle

note: Yes this is aimed at all the post being made after the pride ppv saying fighters where sick or something wasn't right.

Are you saying that you watched Gomi fight and you thought he looked okay?

He looked exhausted after less than one 5-minute round. He couldn't lift his arms to defend himself. I literally said, "is he sick or something?" out loud while watching that fight.

Diaz fought an excellent fight and won convincingly, yes, but there was clearly something wrong with Gomi.

p.s. I actually didn't think Rich looked injured against Anderson Silva, and I didn't know he had had the flu.

Last edited 2/25/07 1:47PM server time by AchillesHeel

Post #3   2/25/07 1:45:34PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
I didn't see a interview where franklin admitted that, but it's a possibility if your stupid enough to fight sick then your stupid enough to take a lose. Many people would say your trying to chicken out the fight, but I'd rather be called a chicken then take a beating in the ring cause of my conditions thats how I see it though.

I think franklin didn't want to make any excuses he will come back better and stronger, and hopefully learn from his mistakes. This is the type of comment that people should give ... not he was sick or sliva got lucky.

This is just a examples I'm using after seeing all these ridiculous post. about pride last night.

I can't beleave some of the stuff I'm seeing..

Gomi sick.. the press conference they said he wasn't sick coming into the fight see sherdog.

Keep in mind I voted gomi to win so I'm not trying to hate on him.

wandy lost cause he was in America... LOL!

And the list goes on.

Less excuses more facts.

Posted by MMA

Apparently for the Franklin vs Silva fight, Rich had a stomach flu a couple of days ago and he was still trying to get over it for the fight.

That's what I heard anyways. It doesn't really matter though because he tried to stand with Silva which was stupid since Silva is a better striker than Franklin.

Franklin can regain his fight if he fights smart and takes the fight to the ground and work on GnP (and watch out for submissions, those long legs are deadly!).

Last edited 2/25/07 1:49PM server time by shackle

Post #4   2/25/07 1:48:23PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
From what pride says... he wasn't

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1096

Maybe bad conditioning or something, but the fact remains he lost.

Bad conditioning can never be used as a excuse though it's part of MMA.

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by shackle

He looked exhausted after less than one 5-minute round. He couldn't lift his arms to defend himself. I literally said, "is he sick or something?" out loud while watching that fight.

Diaz fought an excellent fight and won convincingly, yes, but there was clearly something wrong with Gomi.

p.s. I actually didn't think Rich looked injured against Anderson Silva, and I didn't know he had had the flu.

Last edited 2/25/07 1:55PM server time by shackle

Post #5   2/25/07 1:54:12PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
You might not agree with those statements, but the fact of the matter is that fighting is primarily a mental game. Anything can affect a fighters game, whether it be illness, (un)familiar location, jetlag, fan support or hatred, unfamiliar rulesets, etc.

Diaz won a close fight, and Hendo clearly destroyed Wandy, but Gomi and Wandy didn't look like their normal selves, and I'm not talking about winning. Gomi never seems tired, and he looked positively exhausted in that fight, and that could be attributed to anything. Wandy lacked the ferocity and snappiness he usually has as well. The reasons could be anything, but thats why fighting is exciting. There are so many variables that anyone can win at any time.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #6   2/25/07 6:34:53PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
"fighting is primarily a mental game"

Yes if you agree with this statement then it's part of fighting... How can they be excuses then? Just like training you can't say I didn't train hard enough, but I had the win. In this case it would be metal training. If it's part of fighting then it's not a excuse. It's just another part of training that people may not pay much attention to. Just like BJ gassing out there is no excuse behind that he doesn't train like he should. Being sick is the fighters fault for taking the fight unless they get bad sick on fight night.

If another fighter loses due to metal issues then it's a lose simple as that.

Post #7   2/25/07 7:04:12PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I'm not saying they excuse a fighter from a bad performance and a win isn't legit if a person lost and was sick, scared, etc. I'm saying they are valid reasons why someone might not perform up to par. The idea as a warrior is that you're supposed to overcome these things. Doesn't mean they're not legitimate concerns, but they're things that much be dealt with.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #8   2/25/07 7:16:37PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
Ok I figured you where just pointing those things out, but we where on the subject of excuses so.... :P

Yeah I agree it does affect a fighter just as much as not training can.

Post #9   2/25/07 7:19:16PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
every fighter is always somehow injured, not excuse just truth.

Post #10   2/25/07 7:27:52PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Gomi was not tired...he was rocked,but Diaz didnt throw with enough power to KO him...if you watch when Gomi comes out the 2nd round he looks way more refreshed and was good till he got submitted.

Post #11   2/25/07 8:17:35PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by shackle

its because they can use performance enhancers over in japan so wen they come over here they cannot perform as good

Post #12   2/25/07 11:23:12PM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Career:384-226
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
ask phil baroni,mark coleman, and randleman about "performance enhancers" if you are gonna bring that mess up with pride fighters.

Post #13   2/26/07 12:09:07AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Chips:
THEY ARE PRIDE FIGHTERS..... wow!!!!! LOL!!!

All these guys have been fighting pride for a long time now.

Posted by ManBeast

ask phil baroni,mark coleman, and randleman about "performance enhancers" if you are gonna bring that mess up with pride fighters.

Last edited 2/26/07 1:42AM server time by shackle

Post #14   2/26/07 1:41:10AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think that's his point. I beleive he's saying if your going to talk Pride and roids they are the most likely culprits

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #15   2/26/07 2:01:50AM