Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

wow.. didn't see that coming! Nogueira vs. Rameau

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mofobongo

Learning to Sprawl

mofobongo Avatar

Career:261-175
Camp: The Shogunate
Chips:
Sokoudjou is gonna be a monster

Post #16   2/25/07 12:47:40AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,932-1,089
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Biggedt upset in Las vegas MMA betting history ...I'd even bet on it
A 21 to 1 underdog gets a first one KO on one of the best LHVYS ib the world IMO. Un-freakin-baleeevable!

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   2/25/07 12:48:49AM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Yea after that it seems that way. Maybe a lucky punch... you never know...

Was a great fight though not making excuses probs to Soko!

I'm still shocked though.

Posted by mofobongo

Last edited 2/25/07 12:50AM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   2/25/07 12:49:34AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Theres only two explinations.

1. It was a lucky shot.

2. He threw a low right kick, a high right kick, then a low right kick, and another high right kick. Nog is known to be a great amatuer boxer and trains in Cuba with the Olympic team. Potentially Rameau threw the high kicks to get Lil Nog to bob under boxing style, and threw a wild left hook. I'm leaning towards fluke, but it could also have been a masterful ploy. Clearly what Rameau need was to train with a decent school in Team Quest, as hes a physical specimen and has a ton of natural ground fighting ability, as displayed in his sparring with Hendo on his intro video.

Regardless, I wish I put $20 on him.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #19   2/25/07 2:27:27AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by mofobongo

he ALREADY is...

its funny...this is like 1 of the biggest upsets in history and it ended in 23 seconds!!

lol..its funny cuz Barnett said.."the fight ended in 23 seconds,and no we are not tying it in with the movie"

spooky if you ask me..

Last edited 2/25/07 2:46AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #20   2/25/07 2:42:06AM   

We_Todd_Did

Standup Guy

We_Todd_Did Avatar

Career:205-129
Chips:

Posted by shackle

I'm guessing from the way he acts pissed off at people all the time.

And he does seem like a-hole to some people.

I kinda feel the same way, but I don't hate him.

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Posted by We_Todd_Did

I have never and will never understand all of the love that Wandy gets.I find him completely unlikeable as a person, but won't deny that he is a good fighter, which made Hendo knocking his rabid ass out that much sweeter for me.I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching someone hit the canvas that much.Good card tonight, and I almost want to personally mail Henderson a thank you card and gift package for that awesome highlight reel which I'll probably watch a million times.

Why you dislike Wandy so much?

I dislike Wandy basically for the reasons which Shackle stated.I understand that he is an exciting fighter, but I recall a thread in Sherdog a while back about people feeling bad for a fighter, and people kept mentioning feeling soo sad when Wandy got KO'ed by Crocop.He makes almost all of his fights personal, and he grabs ropes and tries to stomp peoples skulls in!How bad can you possibly feel for a guy like that?When Rampage challenged him for his belt (in a totally non-disrespectful way,IMO) he jumped in the ring and threw what appeared to be a total roid rage!I know,these are fighters, not politicians or PR reps, but they're still ambassadors for a sport which is trying to gain mainstream acceptance, and I think he is a piss-poor representative at that.Many better fighters carry themselves with much more honor and modesty.

Post #21   2/26/07 3:08:41AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by shackle

Yeah seems so. Rameau may get a title shot soon after that it was a dominating performance.

Damn 2-2 now! 2 shocking upsets already.

Posted by Kudos

lol. Lil Nog title shot going down the drain. We got a new rising star.

I think you're exaggerating a little.. or actually a lot. There was no domination. Sokoudju(sp?) just caught Lil Nog with a good punch on the right spot.

It barely said anything about the guy. I don't think we got a new rising star but I like to see him in the future. He's got to prove himself a few more times and spend a longer time in the ring before I get my hopes up for this dude.

I don't think Jason Lee will be the next big thing either.

Post #22   2/26/07 11:35:18AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2