Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sherk's "Caveman Training" Workout Program

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by Gladiator

Sean definitely has one of the toughest, if not the toughest, training programs in the ufc but one thing that has always bothered me about it is that it doesnt look like it includes much grappling or sparring. almost like there is an overemphasis on cardio and strength and not very much cross-training. i hope he at least brings in some good sparring and rolling partners from different camps. just my opinion... but it seems to be working out great for him.

that is jut his cardio n strenght trainin, he has other sesions in the day where he works on mma, watch the total access on him and ull see all of it. and yea without a doubt one of the hardest working athlete

well ive seen the all-access and i know he trains his mma, but i just think his training is a little lop-sided. it didnt seem, judging from all-access, like he had any other top-10 or world-class fighters in his gym and it looks like he doesnt do any cross-training but instead throws everything together in his "grappling session." its just hard to tell how good his fight preparation is because all u hear about is his conditioning.

Post #16   4/15/08 7:02:17PM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:
My problem with Sherk is his training...

He doesn't train to finish fights (maybe a talk with Kenny Florian is in order? ). He trains for 5 round fights. He trains to last. He doesn't train to have an explosive left hook or overhand right, or a massive head kick. He doesn't train to have an explosive striking routine that will KTFO a fighter. He trains to last and I dont like that. The all-access show was amazing for sure, the guy is an animal don't get me wrong and his training routine is extreme! I think he should focus more on exploding into someones dome instead of Tim Sylvia'ing fights.

Post #17   4/15/08 9:42:06PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

Posted by tepid55

Sean Sherk has the best stamina of any MMA fighter I've seen.

Roids will tend to do that.....lets see his stamina in the BJ fight

goog call.. but still.. he's gonna good with the stamina.. roids are like make up ... but for a man..

it can help you.. but it can't make you what you are

and secondly.. enough of the miss use of KTFO.. jesus

Last edited 4/15/08 10:08PM server time by jgtribbett
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   4/15/08 10:08:01PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by jgtribbett

Posted by wrona666

Posted by tepid55

and secondly.. enough of the miss use of KTFO.. jesus

Ha ha thats funny I was actually thinking the same thing.

Post #19   4/15/08 10:11:17PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by saemskin

He doesn't train to finish fights (maybe a talk with Kenny Florian is in order? ). He trains for 5 round fights. He trains to last. He doesn't train to have an explosive left hook or overhand right, or a massive head kick. He doesn't train to have an explosive striking routine that will KTFO a fighter. He trains to last and I dont like that. The all-access show was amazing for sure, the guy is an animal don't get me wrong and his training routine is extreme! I think he should focus more on exploding into someones dome instead of Tim Sylvia'ing fights.

I understand that people on this site like to complain that Sherk doesn't finish fights, but you have to look at the big picture. So, his last 3 fights went to decision...does that make him unable to finish fights? He has 12 subs and 8 TKO's under his belt. Why didn't he finish his last 3 opponents? Probably because Franca, Florian, and Diaz are some of the toughest SOB's to finish in MMA. The 3 have a total of 58 fights amongst them...each of them have only been stopped once apiece, if you exclude Diaz's loss due to a cut. Just something to keep in mind.

Post #20   4/15/08 10:11:40PM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by gsquat

Posted by wrona666

Roids will tend to do that.....lets see his stamina in the BJ fight

Aaaaaaaaaaand there it is. Surprised it took two posts.

Post #21   4/15/08 10:21:27PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
Good lookin' out!

I expect BJ to win but i can't stand the disrespect for sherk.

Post #22   4/15/08 11:35:23PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by saemskin

I understand that people on this site like to complain that Sherk doesn't finish fights, but you have to look at the big picture. So, his last 3 fights went to decision...does that make him unable to finish fights? He has 12 subs and 8 TKO's under his belt. Why didn't he finish his last 3 opponents? Probably because Franca, Florian, and Diaz are some of the toughest SOB's to finish in MMA. The 3 have a total of 58 fights amongst them...each of them have only been stopped once apiece, if you exclude Diaz's loss due to a cut. Just something to keep in mind.

Post #23   4/15/08 11:52:53PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by Manak

Posted by Gladiator

Sean definitely has one of the toughest, if not the toughest, training programs in the ufc but one thing that has always bothered me about it is that it doesnt look like it includes much grappling or sparring. almost like there is an overemphasis on cardio and strength and not very much cross-training. i hope he at least brings in some good sparring and rolling partners from different camps. just my opinion... but it seems to be working out great for him.

that is jut his cardio n strenght trainin, he has other sesions in the day where he works on mma, watch the total access on him and ull see all of it. and yea without a doubt one of the hardest working athlete

well ive seen the all-access and i know he trains his mma, but i just think his training is a little lop-sided. it didnt seem, judging from all-access, like he had any other top-10 or world-class fighters in his gym and it looks like he doesnt do any cross-training but instead throws everything together in his "grappling session." its just hard to tell how good his fight preparation is because all u hear about is his conditioning.

yea i can see ur point he never really brings anyone just does insane conditioning.

Post #24   4/16/08 12:04:04AM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:3,117-1,708
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Sherk has good submissions and standup skills to go with his great wrestling skills.

Post #25   4/16/08 12:25:22AM   

thesteven5918

Learning to Sprawl

Career:164-110
Chips:
man sherks a beast idk about all this steroid usage bs man hes a beast... i have no dobt he will win BJ and that is with no disrespect to Bj what so ever... i just believe he can dominate the light weght just like anderson silva with the middle weght.... of course there are more contenders in the lightweight division but just wait and watch sherk will have that title for a while.....

Post #26   4/16/08 12:59:17AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by saemskin

Exactly, and let us not forget that Sylvia has finished 18 of his 24 wins by (T)KO or Submission. (16 of those are the (T)KO) That means literally 75% of his fights have finished.

Compare that to Chuck Liddell, one of the supposed greatest KO artists in history who has only finished 66% of his wins by (T)KO or submission.

Haters will be haters.

EDIT: BTW, I gotta spread the love.. sorry :(

Last edited 4/16/08 1:17AM server time by Jackelope
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #27   4/16/08 1:15:25AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2