Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Day of the YAMMA

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
YAMMA

Post #16   4/12/08 10:22:31PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,359-899
Chips:

Posted by warglory

You know, this thing was legitimately embarrassing. I didn't pay to watch these fights and I still feel I was cheated. Bringing back the old UFC commentary team, an ad libbing crackhead for an announcer, a new "pit format" designed to prevent fighters from being held against the cage absolutely backfires with lay n pray making a huge comeback, and finally low level and washed up fighters duking it out with each other in absurd matches. This was absolutely pathetic and legitimately put me in a bad mood. I went out and bought some UFC DVDs just to make myself feel better.

Couldn't agree more - that event was cringeworthy at best - I downloaded it and I feel I should ask for compensation.

Post #17   4/13/08 6:29:01AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Too bad Kerr lost

I'm kind of glad to see Smith beat Butterbean. It's nice to see the David and Goliath kind of fights again.

One point of interest, my local newspaper had two articles in yesterday's paper regarding this event. On one hand it's good to see MMA in mainstream media, but on the other, this is not the first choice in events that I would like to see MMA associated with.

Post #18   4/13/08 10:13:22AM   

Coloss

MMA Regular

Coloss Avatar

Career:64-28
Chips:
Guys, why you are so negative? After all the promoters have decided to make something new, something different and they should be admired just because of that. I must confess I like the idea of the new type arena, cuz it really doesn't allow the boring cage game and put the fighters in some really interesting and attractive positions. We can't blame Yamma for the poor fight card, cuz I'm sure they did the best they are capable of, so don't be so negative, cuz definitely it isn't an easy job to find really class fighters. I like the name of the organization, on Bulgarian (my mother tongue) "yama" means exactly "a pit; a big hole" ;) You've may be heard somewhere that the word is actually russian, but in fact Bulgarians are both brothers who'd written the Cyrillic alphabet and that's why our language and russian are really close.

Post #19   4/13/08 7:34:04PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Coloss

Guys, why you are so negative? After all the promoters have decided to make something new, something different and they should be admired just because of that. I must confess I like the idea of the new type arena, cuz it really doesn't allow the boring cage game and put the fighters in some really interesting and attractive positions. We can't blame Yamma for the poor fight card, cuz I'm sure they did the best they are capable of, so don't be so negative, cuz definitely it isn't an easy job to find really class fighters. I like the name of the organization, on Bulgarian (my mother tongue) "yama" means exactly "a pit; a big hole" ;) You've may be heard somewhere that the word is actually russian, but in fact Bulgarians are both brothers who'd written the Cyrillic alphabet and that's why our language and russian are really close.

the reason it is getting so much hate is because they are promoting MMA ike it is a bloodsport or a spectacle. the guy in charge of it is the same guy who ran the UFC In the beginning and is using the same low-brow brutish appeal he used lat time. he makes MMA look exactly like the brutish, cut throat show that we have been trying to avoid for years. it is his insistence on appealing to the low brow, cockfighting audience. it is a joke and to see this type of image fail is very reassuring to me and many other fans.

Post #20   4/13/08 8:11:31PM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:

Posted by Coloss

If by interesting you mean on the ground on the REVOLUTIONARY lip of free takedowns then good lord do I hope to never find anything interesting that you do because this show was a failure on every conceivable level. I can't think of one positive, other than watching Bean fall on his ass like a bowling pin. I feel sorry for anybody who somehow payed for this event. If I was filthy rich I would gladly give everyone who payed for this PPV their money back out of my own pocket if they promised never to speak of it again.

Post #21   4/14/08 11:51:48AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2