Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

New Rich Franklin Interview

Print  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
link

haha i am a posting fool today.. its bombardment

anyway, good interview with rich franklin.. talks about macdonald, the silva fight, fighting in his hometown, and a little bit about hughes and couture's return fights.. good read.. enjoy everybody

Post #1   2/21/07 12:32:32PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,017-1,141
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Another one, you are a busy little bee-as the emperor said in gladiator( great movie). Props to Ace for not fighting a can though.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/21/07 7:09:12PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
IMO I think it's odd he hasn't watched his fight against SIlva yet. Though he went in with the wrong game plan and because of this lost the fight, why wouldn't you at least watch the fight? Good post.

Post #3   2/22/07 12:04:36AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Another good interview... Rich seems like such a down to earth guy that it's hard for me not to pull for him... I will agree with hippysmacker, props to Rich for not taking as 'easy' fight, and I hope all goes well for him...

On a side note, it's nice to see MMA talked about on a predominantley Boxing website.

Post #4   2/22/07 1:30:03PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I hope Rich is on a return like no other. Like a Matt Hughes return. Gets the crap beat out of him once, then destroyes everyone in his path!

Post #5   2/22/07 2:05:50PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
is it only me that thinks mcdonald is a can?..
he was gettin dominated by leben.. and if leben stuck his head through my armpits i'd squeeze the heck out of his head..

his stand up lacks a great deal
his punches have no power
and his groundgame doesnt impress me at all

Post #6   2/22/07 2:37:14PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

is it only me that thinks mcdonald is a can?..
he was gettin dominated by leben.. and if leben stuck his head through my armpits i'd squeeze the heck out of his head..

his stand up lacks a great deal
his punches have no power
and his groundgame doesnt impress me at all

I think the guy has a very solid set of ground skills, and after watching the Leben fight it seems that he can take a punch. His main problem is that he is a direct product of the UFC hype machine, but I wouldn't go as far as to call him a can.

He beat 2 recognizable fighters, not 'top-ranked' or 'A-level' fighters. He has won his only two UFC fights, but against popular competition not necesarily high quality comp.

Rich will be his first real test and I don't think it will fair well for J-Mac

Post #7   2/22/07 2:59:10PM