Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

“TUF6" Fighter Jon Koppenhaver Facing Felony Charges

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by GlancyMMA

War Machine needs to learn how to keep that shit in the ring....

We know he's a tough guy and we know he's a skilled fighter.... there really nothing to prove in a parking lot with some stranger.

He got luck this time....

"Judge Frank Brown said the change in plea could result in a misdemeanor punishment. Zatkow (the guy War Machine choked out) told the court he thought a reduced punishment was OK because he believed a felony conviction would destroy Koppenhaver's career.

“I'm not interested in destroying somebody's life,” Zatkow said, noting that fighting should stay in the ring.

at least the guy who got his ass kicked is a nice considerate guy....

Hey where'd you find this?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20071213-1621-bn13fight2.html

Post #16   12/14/07 11:29:21AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I don't know if I read it wrong or what...

But does it say that the guys was choked from behind?

And then assulted?

If this is the case, what a bunch of pussies! Not only are they (or at least war) professionally trained fighters... Not only is the other guy drunk... But they have to choke him from behind and then assult an unconsious guy???

If I'm wrong then I'm sorry... But I don't care how much people like the guy, that's some bullshit if I ever heard it and he deserves what he gets...

Post #17   12/14/07 11:41:06AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Hell, Mayhem Miller did the same thing, only he broke into a dudes house to do it, and I think he got off with a fine.

One of the things about court is that if a prosecutor plays up the fact you're a "trained fighter", and the defense lawyer knows his stuff, he can turn it around and thereby claim the prosecutor has accepted you as an expert in the field, and it allows you to make expert testimony in your own defense.

Well i think he proved that he kicked in the door of his Girlfriends house and the guy she was in bed with attacked him................... Miller just booted in a door and defended himself. Although usually guys who boot down their girlfriends doors are pretty angry.

As for Jon well it seems like there is some He said, He said going on.

I wonder what time of day the assault occured, b/c if the guy was drunk at 4pm then kinda hurts his cred.

Post #18   12/14/07 12:03:12PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I don't know if I read it wrong or what...

But does it say that the guys was choked from behind?

And then assulted?

If this is the case, what a bunch of pussies! Not only are they (or at least war) professionally trained fighters... Not only is the other guy drunk... But they have to choke him from behind and then assult an unconsious guy???

If I'm wrong then I'm sorry... But I don't care how much people like the guy, that's some bullshit if I ever heard it and he deserves what he gets...

Agreed.

The guy shouldn't get any special treatment just because he's a fighter.I'm not sure about all the details,but this just only goes to hurt sports more.
I was at the gas station today and when I looked at the paper the front page had an article about this kind of stuff (more on steroids though).In big bold letters the heading read: "Why their are no heroe's in sports today".
Why I could state a case for some athletes,with stuff like this happening all the time,I could see were this would make a very good debate in some areas.

Post #19   12/14/07 12:13:57PM   

GlancyMMA

MMA Regular

GlancyMMA Avatar

Career:402-238
Chips:
It's on MMA News... a lot of good info about happened....

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/TUF-Star-War-Machine-Pleads-Guilty-To-Assault-Charge.html

Post #20   12/14/07 1:10:22PM   

Biggee

MMA Regular

Biggee Avatar

Career:307-196
Camp: Clanton Gang Bitch!
Chips:
Zatkow was drunk when walking by with a beer in hand. First off that's public intoxication, plus walking w/a beer in hand. I want charges on this guy.

Secondly,

Think, if ur drunk, u cant control all your actions, i guarantee they just got through training, were just standing outside talking, and the guy walked by and said "look at these tough guys" and they probably said what did you say, and then he talked some trash to him, because im sure he has some buddys with him, since his buddys testified as well. Then they beat the crap out of him.

1. If your going to talk trash, make sure ur buddys are cool enough friends to back him up.

2. If your zatkows friend, dont sit there and watch ur buddy get whooped, and not step in and help.

3. DONT TALK TRASH, I would of whooped his butt as well, i woudlnt of jumped him when he was down, but i dang sure would of whooped him standing up 1 on 1.

Guy deserved it if you ask me.

Yes war machine has some problems, you could tell that by the show, but the guy has heart. him and Jrocks fight is #1 in my book, so definately want to see thsi guy continue on.

Post #21   12/14/07 3:38:31PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Then they beat the crap out of him.

There's absolutely NO EXCUSE (Zero, Zip, Notta) for more than 1 guy to "jump" or fight another guy. If you're not man enough to do it 1-on-1, you're not much of a man to begin with.

End. Of. Story.

Post #22   12/14/07 4:30:56PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
war machine doesnt seem like the most mentally stable guy, and im guessing the littlest thing could set him off. he might look like a decent fighter, but as a person he definately has some growing up to do.

Post #23   12/14/07 4:46:52PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I found out who the gu y Jon allegedly Beat up is

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #24   12/14/07 8:58:51PM   

skateongrass91

Learning to Sprawl

skateongrass91 Avatar

Career:117-69
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
BLOWN i loved that guy, i think he should get off though

Post #25   12/14/07 9:19:08PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:1,005-655
Chips:
I dont know what the laws are there but in Michigan If you strike someone in the face it is considered attempt to do bodally(?)harm, which is a felony. However if you strike someone below the neck the assault charge is thrown out the window and 9 out 10 times you can claim self defense. That is why I will never strike someone in the face again. I have seen too many friends do hard time for cleaning someone's clock!

Post #26   12/14/07 10:15:27PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Thats a bizarre law. In NH as long as both guys actually want to fight, its legal, although you still have to pay the other guys medical bills if hes hurt.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #27   12/14/07 11:53:29PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:1,005-655
Chips:
oh don't get me wrong you can still get in trouble you just wont catch a felony !

Post #28   12/15/07 12:19:22AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2