Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on Spike TV contract extension, new show details

Print  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
The UFC secured its television future through the end of the decade today, as it announced a contract extension with Spike TV during a media teleconference. Financial terms of the deal, which runs through 2011, were not disclosed.

The contract includes provisions for seasons nine through 12 of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series, which has been credited with launching the UFC and mixed martial arts into mainstream prominence. A dozen UFC Fight Nights – four per year – are also part of the agreement, along with 39 one-hour episodes of UFC Unleashed.

Perhaps the most significant news to come out of the extension was the announced creation of a new, live weekly fight series. The still unnamed series, details for which will be announced at a later date, will run for two seasons on Spike TV.

LINK

Post #1   10/26/07 5:33:10AM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,480-1,168
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

• An Anderson Silva-Dan Henderson title fight has a “good chance” of happening;

I think the above comment was the most significant comment of the conference.

Post #2   10/26/07 11:24:24AM   

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Career:888-565
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
That new fight series is gonna be tight and Dan Henderson is gonna beat the shit out of Silva..BET THAT!!!!!!!!

Post #3   10/27/07 12:52:14PM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
in your dreams MondayNiteMauser !!!!!!!!

i was specting more from that press conference... when Dana White mention a new TV deal, i thought he got it with another network... i already know they are not gonna leave spike tv, those are pretty much their support.

and the match with chuck vs wanderlei... the match everybody was wating for? right now,,, i dont think so... liddell with 2 crappy loses... i dont
know what to spect from him, he can barely walk with that big ass belly...

i dont see why Dana called for a press conference, just for that,, a wasted of time... he wanted to screw Couture again.. and it didnt work...

Post #4   10/29/07 4:30:48AM