Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Teach me about American Football!

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

Stickan... since you're from Sweden... I had a question.

Is your army (Swiss Army) a bunch of Navy Seal type special forces, sleep in the snowy mountains for months at a time with nothing but a canteen and a toothbrush? 'Cause I gotta say... those Swiss Army Knives have everything... Then again... why the hell have the cork screw? They take bottles of wine into the wilderness often?

Again, along with the swiss cheese question.... these are jokes yeah?

Post #31   10/19/07 10:48:10AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,021-1,032
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom
Reebok has a special offer buy an Patriots Jersey get a free autographed Bill Belicheck Spy Cam.

Oh my god man... I'm in tears... props

OBJECTION !!!

never heard about that spy cam !!!

i was living on mars for the last 10 years, my only friend was a rover with the nasa logo and it is now dead due to have decided to go down in a crater !!

spy cam LOL

Post #32   10/19/07 11:25:49AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by Rich78
Again, along with the swiss cheese question.... these are jokes yeah?

I don't know if the swiss cheese thing is a joke, but I was asking a legitimate question... I just asked it in a non-serious manner.

Think about it man... You have a Swiss Army knife... you have knives, a saw, a fish scaler, scissors, screwdrivers, nail file, a place to hook fishing line, toothpick, tweezers, cork screw etc.... that's some Navy SEAL/McGyver stuff right there... The right guy could go out into the woods with one of those and he'd have every tool he needed.

Okay, so the wine comment was a joke... I just didn't understand why they felt they had to put a corkscrew in there.

Last edited 10/19/07 11:46AM server time by TNunley
Edit note/reason: I was being a potty mouth! (I said shi* :eek:)

Post #33   10/19/07 11:44:48AM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:
Well I would have let Stickan answer this but he ain't online so............ it's just you'd probably be better asking someone who comes from SWITZERLAND (home of swiss cheese, swiss army knives etc) rather than Sweden, an entirely different country altogether

But hey, we're a relatively small continent, with lots of little countries so I'll let you off

Last edited 10/19/07 11:52AM server time by rich78
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #34   10/19/07 11:48:58AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rich78

Well I would have let Stickan answer this but he ain't online so............ it's just you'd probably be better asking someone who comes from SWITZERLAND (home of swiss cheese, swiss army knives etc) rather than Sweden, an entirely different country altogether

LOL!!!!

Oh my god man... I didn't even think about that. That's hilarious... when the guy asked about Swiss cheese, I just immediately thought "Swiss Army Knife!!!" Wow... that would make sense for why you asked if it was a joke...

-Edit-
By the way.. well deserved props for noticing that tiny little detail.

Last edited 10/19/07 11:55AM server time by TNunley

Post #35   10/19/07 11:52:41AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by Rich78

Thanks for being educated Rich.

Sweden is populated by swedes (beautiful people) and things that come out of Sweden is referred to as being swedish.
Sweden is a monarchy but the king has no political power what so ever and we probably have the highest taxes in the world.
Swedes´s flag is blue and yellow, not to be confused with Switzerlands red and white flag.
We also aren't making swiss knives, swiss watches or swiss cheese and no you don't have your newly stolen money in our SWEDISH bank accounts, you have them in Switzerland.

I'm not grumpy about though. It happens all the time with non-europeans. But now you know .

Last edited 10/19/07 12:01PM server time by Stickan

Post #36   10/19/07 11:58:59AM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,283-1,272
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

LOL!!!!

Oh my god man... I didn't even think about that. That's hilarious... when the guy asked about Swiss cheese, I just immediately thought "Swiss Army Knife!!!" Wow... that would make sense for why you asked if it was a joke...

-Edit-

Ahhh...classic American geography.

TNunley is saving his Swedish meatballs joke for later.

Post #37   10/19/07 12:23:48PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Posted by Rich78

Thanks for being educated Rich.

Sweden is populated by swedes (beautiful people) and things that come out of Sweden is referred to as being swedish.
Sweden is a monarchy but the king has no political power what so ever and we probably have the highest taxes in the world.
Swedes´s flag is blue and yellow, not to be confused with Switzerlands red and white flag.
We also aren't making swiss knives, swiss watches or swiss cheese and no you don't have your newly stolen money in our SWEDISH bank accounts, you have them in Switzerland.

I'm not grumpy about though. It happens all the time with non-europeans. But now you know .

LOL, yes I know swiss things don't come from Sweden. I may have over-looked an obvious mistake, but I'm not a dipshit. What can I say? The guy said swiss cheese and I was too stupid to distinguish Swiss from Swedish.

Do you make good meatballs? Do you like Absolut? Do you drive a Volvo? Is your home decorated in IKEA?

See, I'm not a complete idiot!

Post #38   10/19/07 12:26:18PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Posted by TNunley

LOL!!!!

-Edit-

Ahhh...classic American geography.

TNunley is saving his Swedish meatballs joke for later.

LOL... got me I guess. I must have been typing my post while you posted that.

Post #39   10/19/07 12:27:40PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Haha I didn't mean to be on you TNunley, it's just that this happens frequently so i might as well rectify things a little .
I'm actually feeling dumb as F right now cuz I have no idea what "swedish meatballs" are. Don't you eat meatballs in other countries? I thought italians liked meatballs. We eat them pretty often but there's absolutely nothing special about our meatballs.

To get back on topic. I REALLY enjoyed the Cowboys - Patriots game and I'll continue to watch more games to learn more and thanks rcg916, Sam and everyone else for helping me out!

Last edited 10/19/07 4:43PM server time by Stickan
2 total post edits

Post #40   10/19/07 2:07:31PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Chips:
Listen, I don't care what the topic is... we're talking about meatballs d@%n it!!!

I think what is called Swedish meatballs is in a thick beef broth. Italian meatballs have different spices/seasonings (oregano, basil, etc.) and generally Italian meatballs are used in Spaghetti.

I know you weren't getting on me man, I was getting on myself.

As for football, I haven't watched much this year, but I hear the Colts are doing pretty good again. They're 5-0 I think.

Post #41   10/19/07 2:16:08PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by Chudly

PITTSBURGH STEELERS is the only team you need to watch ( a real mans team )

Took the words right out of my mouth...Just like the Steelers are going to smack the taste out of the Patriots mouth on Dec.9th

Reebok has a special offer buy an Patriots Jersey get a free autographed Bill Belicheck Spy Cam.

Wow real creative, let your game do the talkin, I don't see why ur so confident we are absolutely on fire and Willie Parker is strugglin, and if you wanna have a shootout with us there is no way you will win

Willie Parker struggling he was leading the league in rushing before their bye week.

Post #42   10/19/07 5:40:24PM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by Chudly

Took the words right out of my mouth...Just like the Steelers are going to smack the taste out of the Patriots mouth on Dec.9th

Wow real creative, let your game do the talkin, I don't see why ur so confident we are absolutely on fire and Willie Parker is strugglin, and if you wanna have a shootout with us there is no way you will win

Willie Parker struggling he was leading the league in rushing before their bye
week.

Maybe he should try finding the endzone more often, ya know points win games not yards, last time I checked the Pats have put up 30 plus points every week, the Steelers are in no position to talk about beating us

Post #43   10/19/07 6:20:56PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by Chudly

Willie Parker struggling he was leading the league in rushing before their bye
week.

Maybe he should try finding the endzone more often, ya know points win games not yards, last time I checked the Pats have put up 30 plus points every week, the Steelers are in no position to talk about beating us

The Steelers Average 32pts a game and have the Number 1 Defense in the NFL the 2nd best Rushing Offense in the NFL..Parker getting Yards wins games we have Davenport to seal the deal and bang into the endzone.

Im not saying the steelers will win cause the pats are very good but i dont think they can put 30plus on the steelers. Steelers

Last edited 10/21/07 4:48PM server time by 40ouncetofreedom

Post #44   10/21/07 4:46:36PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3