Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

PATRIOTS !!!!

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Week 14... Pittsburgh at New England... We'll spoil your precious little perfect season, just like we did your 20 whatever game win streak couple years back, that is if you can get past the Colts in November...

The black and gold will fly high... HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

Post #16   10/15/07 2:56:52PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
pats are not going 16-0 imo

Post #17   10/15/07 3:16:23PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by hippysmacker

The Patriots played great. They deserved to win. The thing that bothers me the most , and it's not the patriots fault, is the penalty bias that's been against Dallas all season . On the NFL network the head of the NFL officiating has said the refs were wrong on challenges that went against Dallas 3 times before this week. We should have won both challenges today , even the announcers thought so, and got only 1 of them . Either way we couldn't tackle well enough to win, even if we got both 4th and 1's lost by penalty. Hopefully The penalty bias will change. A Wade Phillips coached team has never been in the top 10 in penalties in his career as a head coach , and we are first. Also, we get Terry Glenn( co # 1 receiver), Anthony Henry( #2corner and our only big corner) , and Tank Johnson ( a true nose tackle we haven't had since Ferguson went down in the 1rst quarter of the first game) back soon. The pats will get Seymour ( best DE in the NFL IMO) back as well soon. I just have to hope we meet again in the Superbowl. As for now, the Pats are clearly the best team in the NFL. I think they will score all over the Colts when they play and win with a similar score to this one. Congrats to New england.

I guess it's payback after years and years of Dallas getting calls. If they would have called offensive pas interference against Irvin every time he pushed off, he might have had 10 career catches.

They actually changed the rules because of Irvin and Herman Moore. Moreso Irvin , but that's why they called it the Michael Irvin rule. it wasn't illegal to push off before as long you didn't extend your arms. So it wasn't illegal before AND he got called for it plenty after the rule was enacted. I realize you are a skins fan, and hate Dallas. I guess if Dallas was in 2nd place behind the skins and had only won 3 superbowls instead of 5 I might feel the same.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #18   10/16/07 5:36:37AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by zephead

Posted by hippysmacker

The Patriots played great. They deserved to win. The thing that bothers me the most , and it's not the patriots fault, is the penalty bias that's been against Dallas all season . On the NFL network the head of the NFL officiating has said the refs were wrong on challenges that went against Dallas 3 times before this week. We should have won both challenges today , even the announcers thought so, and got only 1 of them . Either way we couldn't tackle well enough to win, even if we got both 4th and 1's lost by penalty. Hopefully The penalty bias will change. A Wade Phillips coached team has never been in the top 10 in penalties in his career as a head coach , and we are first. Also, we get Terry Glenn( co # 1 receiver), Anthony Henry( #2corner and our only big corner) , and Tank Johnson ( a true nose tackle we haven't had since Ferguson went down in the 1rst quarter of the first game) back soon. The pats will get Seymour ( best DE in the NFL IMO) back as well soon. I just have to hope we meet again in the Superbowl. As for now, the Pats are clearly the best team in the NFL. I think they will score all over the Colts when they play and win with a similar score to this one. Congrats to New england.

I guess it's payback after years and years of Dallas getting calls. If they would have called offensive pas interference against Irvin every time he pushed off, he might have had 10 career catches.

They actually changed the rules because of Irvin and Herman Moore. Moreso Irvin , but that's why they called it the Michael Irvin rule. it wasn't illegal to push off before as long you didn't extend your arms. So it wasn't illegal before AND he got called for it plenty after the rule was enacted. I realize you are a skins fan, and hate Dallas. I guess if Dallas was in 2nd place behind the skins and had only won 3 superbowls instead of 5 I might feel the same.

Your 5 SB mean nothing to me. The Skins and Cowboys have played only 2 meaningful games. In 72 and 83. Both times the Skins came out on top:

WASHINGTON REDSKINS 26, dallas cowboys 3

Charley Taylor led the Redskins to the victory by recording 7 receptions for 146 yards and 2 touchdowns. Meanwhile, Washington limited Dallas to only a field goal, and prevented the Cowboys from crossing midfield during the entire second half. However, the game seemed close before the final period. After the first quarter was scoreless, the Redskins jumped to a 10-0 lead with kicker Curt Knight's 18-yard field goal and Taylor's 15-yard touchdown. However, the halftime score was 10-3 and neither team scored in the third quarter. But Taylor's 45-yard touchdown and Knight's three field goals in the fourth period broke the game open.

* Scoring
o WAS - FG Knight 18
o WAS - Taylor 15 pass from Kilmer (Knight kick)
o DAL - FG Fritsch 35
o WAS - Taylor 45 pass from Kilmer (Knight kick)
o WAS - FG Knight 39
o WAS - FG Knight 46
o WAS - FG Knight 45

January 22, 1983

NFC: WASHINGTON REDSKINS 31, dallas cowboys 17

The Redskins sealed the victory by converting 2 turnovers in the final period into 10 points. The Cowboys scored first after a 75-yard drive led to a 27-yard field goal by kicker Rafael Septien. But Washington then scored on an 84-yard drive that was capped by quarterback Joe Theismann's 19-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Charlie Brown. In the second quarter, Dallas' Rod Hill lost a fumble on a punt return, setting up a 1-yard rushing touchdown by Redskins running back John Riggins. Late in the second quarter, Cowboys quarterback Danny White suffered a concussion and was replaced by Gary Hogeboom. Hogeboom threw two touchdowns in the third quarter, while Riggins scored on a 4-yard run. With the Redskins leading 21-17 in the final period, linebacker Mel Kaufman intercepted a pass from Hogeboom, setting up Washington kicker Mark Moseley's 29-yard field goal with 6:55 left to play. Then, defensive lineman Dexter Manley tipped Hogeboom's pass to lineman Darryl Grant, who returned it 10 yards for the game-clinching touchdown.

Riggins finished the game with 140 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns.

* Scoring
o DAL - FG Septien 27 DAL 3-0
o WAS - Brown 19 pass from Theismann (Moseley kick) WAS 7-3
o WAS - Riggins 1 run (Moseley kick) WAS 14-3
o DAL - Pearson 6 pass from Hogeboom (Septien kick) WAS 14-10
o WAS - Riggins 4 run (Moseley kick) WAS 21-10
o DAL - Johnson 23 pass from Hogeboom (Septien kick) WAS 21-17
o WAS - FG Moseley 29 WAS 24-17
o WAS - Grant 10 interception return (Moseley kick) WAS 31-17

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #19   10/16/07 3:33:03PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,975-1,117
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
WOW that's rally neat that you can pick 2 games out of the dozens they played and think only they count. I guess I could play along , but I'll just stick with our more superbowl appearances ( 8 ) and victories ( 5) to your 5 and 3. Since we are also in 1rst now, I'm good.

Last edited 10/16/07 6:37PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #20   10/16/07 6:36:38PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,021-1,032
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
well, new game same result !!!!

after 2 quarters of play , it is 42-7 pats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is a total humiliation for miami, i am not happy about it by the ways, but i will survive !!!!!

GO PATS !!!!!

Post #21   10/21/07 2:35:40PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2