Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diego Moving To LW

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Coming into his bout at UFC 76, Diego Sanchez had already gone through much just to make it to his fight with Jon Fitch.

Sanchez, who was coming off of his first professional loss at the hands of rival Josh Koscheck at UFC 69, was rumored after the bout to possibly have been infected with Hepatitis and he had actually contemplated retirement.

LINK

Post #1   9/25/07 7:46:17AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
does anyone know what diego walks around at and how brutal a cut it would be for him?

Post #2   9/25/07 9:29:20AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Why would anyone really want to move down to Lightweight right now? BJ Penn is going to dominate anyone that isn't Sean Sherk, and that's only because Sherk has zero neck and a brutal ground and pound. Bad idea for Sanchez.

Post #3   9/25/07 9:58:22AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Errrm dude you missed the rather crucial - ? - out of the thread title, i thought this was breaking news that it was confirmed!!!

Post #4   9/25/07 10:07:18AM   

fufu

Learning to Sprawl

Career:136-111
Chips:
I think it is a good idea, to me it looks like he could cut to a LW fairly easily. Sure the LW division is tough, but the welter weight offers a talent pool just as or more deep than the LW.

Post #5   9/25/07 10:20:35AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
imo diego is not going to to well at 155 because there are so many great fighters there, i think if he wanted to move weights, i think he needs to go to 185, he would do good there

Post #6   9/25/07 11:28:59AM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
idk wat u r thinkin but bj isnt gonna dominate anyone at lightweight
his jiu jitsu is good but in jiu jitsu u dont get hit or slammed into position and there is no fence
IMO bjs ground game in the octagon is slightly above average at best
as far as striking goes in every fight ive seen whre he was winning the strikes he poked the guy in the eye
id like to see bj fight huerta, florian, guillard, tavares, or guida
i think all of those guys would beat the hell out of bj
also if every one thinks bjs jiu jitsu is so great then they should put him in with alberto crane

and since this thread is about diego i think his lightweight debut should be against thiago tavares, joe stevenson, jason black, frankie edgar, gleison tibau, or mark hominick because hominick has good takedown defense and he would destroy diego on the feet

Post #7   9/25/07 3:28:51PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by CCPRIDE99

his jiu jitsu is good but in jiu jitsu u dont get hit or slammed into position and there is no fence
as far as striking goes in every fight ive seen whre he was winning the strikes he poked the guy in the eye
also if every one thinks bjs jiu jitsu is so great then they should put him in with alberto crane

and since this thread is about diego i think his lightweight debut should be against thiago tavares, joe stevenson, jason black, frankie edgar, gleison tibau, or mark hominick because hominick has good takedown defense and he would destroy diego on the feet

i heard that using the shift button and strategically placing periods to separate sentences makes written word much easier to comprehend

see you later troll

Last edited 9/25/07 4:13PM server time by silverbullet
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   9/25/07 4:13:04PM   

originalconspiracy

Learning to Sprawl

originalconspiracy Avatar

Career:767-437
Chips:
i think diego would do good down at lw...to me it would seem like a comfortable place for him to be with his quickness. going up in weight would just mean bigger comp...he definitely isnt the biggest guy

Post #9   9/25/07 4:47:22PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,617-1,666
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think Diego ought to go with the wieght lifting idea rather than a drop. He's not too small for the division and if your stout enough it can be easy to topple the tall skinny bastards. Plus the LW Div is pretty damn stacked, and if he wants BJ Penn then he would have to go down there and win like 4 in a row, just the same thing if BJ came back up. He just needs a real good camp, like Team Quest that is maybe 2 hours from his home in San Diego!!

Post #10   9/25/07 4:48:14PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by CCPRIDE99

There arent enough of these ----->
to cover the absolute ridiculousness of your post...

Post #11   9/25/07 5:23:54PM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
EVERY division is stacked now. There ARE NO easy fights anymore in the UFC.

Post #12   9/26/07 11:44:25AM   

rockernhb

Learning to Sprawl

rockernhb Avatar

Career:225-132
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Always hated Deigo until the Fitch fight, I thought he was really respectful and well spoken here lately and I think he would be a force at Lightweight. He will probably hold a belt sometime before the end of his career...

Post #13   9/28/07 1:46:46AM