UFC Forum

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum
Forum for discussing Ultimate Fighting Championship happenings.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. The UFC/Jon Jones/Greg Jackson pulled a fast one on us all!
    I smell conspiracy! I think this was a setup, Hendo must have been involved too or maybe a setup after that point. Think about it, the UFC had to cancel an event, but in doing so they have made Jon...
  2. Fights that interest you but not others
    So what fights do you really want to see, that you think other people would yawn at and think is crap match making? For me its: Maynard Edgar 4 Maynard Diaz 3 Fitch Shields Griffin Bonnar 3 Bonnar...
  3. Wanderlei's father killed incar accident
    UG Wanderlei Silva, father Holando Pinheiro da Silva, died in a car accident this afternoon. The accident occurred in the Castro area, where the fighter's father lived. The body was taken to the...
  4. The Jon Jones Mistaken Identity
    You may have heard about the poor guy with the same name and UFC LHW champ Jon Jones who has the twitter handle: @JonJones. He was ambushed by MMA fans and called all sorts of things after the UFC...
  5. Gagnon Taking It One Goal at a Time
    UFC.com It was October 2011 in Montreal’s Bell Centre and Canadian fighter Mitch Gagnon (8-2) was staring across the cage at David Harris, a fighter from Detroit, Michigan. Both fighters were riding...
  6. TapouT Sonnen Says Limited Edition Shirt Preview
    TapouT has announced they are going to release a limited edition Sonnen Says shirt. This is a play on the recent 'Bones Knows' shirt that Nike designed. I wanted to get everyone's take on this new LE...
  7. Stun Gun laments UFC situation for Asian fighters
    UG Stun Gun on fighter pay: "It's ultimately very hard to be a UFC fighter. If you go to America, there are a lot of fighters who are barely eeking by financially. I see some fighters who have...
  8. with the death of ufc 151 and no ppv tonight how are u gonna spend the evening
    Should be in Vegas today but not I put up some Ufc posters on my wall 146 and 148 Later tonight I've got friends to come over to see Ufc 146 since I was in Vegas for the event no one watched it...
  9. Anderson waiting for Gsp
    With Anderson waiting for gsp.. and sonnen moving up in weight.. That makes Bisping the best middle weight in the ufc. As an English man it makes me proud to have a fellow who is most likely the most...
  10. Smaller cage = less decisions (BW - WW)
    IJudgeFights.com posted a graph that I found interesting. What do you guys think? Does a smaller cage really help with more finishes when it comes down to the lighter weight fighters?
  11. Disappointed with the last 8 months from the ufc? The next 4 might make up for it.
    UFC 152: "Jones vs. Belfort," Sept. 22, 2012, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Jon Jones vs. Vitor Belfort (UFC light heavyweight title) Joseph Benavidez vs. Demetrious Johnson (UFC flyweight title) Michael...
  12. An odd idea / conspiracy theory about UFC 151
    A buddy of mine posed a question to me today in conversation and while it was a bit ludicrous I thought I would swing it you all's way: Could this be an experiment by Zuffa to boost sales on UFC...
  13. Yves Jabouin hitting stride just in time for Brad Pickett fight at UFC on FUEL TV 5
    LINK Yves Jabouin is close. He's real close. But so is Brad Pickett, and Jabouin knows it. Jabouin (16-7 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Pickett (21-6 MMA, 1-1 UFC) meet on the main card of UFC on FUEL TV 5 later...
  14. Spike TV to counter-program 'TUF 16' debut with Roy Nelson marathon on Sept. 14
    LINK Spike TV will counter-program FX's debut of "The Ultimate Fighter 16" later this month. Spike TV today announced its Sept. 14 prime-time lineup will include Roy Nelson and two of his fights...
  15. UFC Programming Continues Expansion on Fuel TV with Forrest Griffin Documentary
    Fuel TV has quickly established itself as the UFC’s flagship network. From preliminary bout coverage to weigh-ins and pre-fight shows to post-fight coverage to magazine style shows and even UFC on...
  16. Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen Could Still Happen Next ‘If The Fans Really Wanted to See It’
    LINK Chael Sonnen isn’t out of the running yet for the next shot at UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. Sonnen was the one fighter according to UFC President Dana White who accepted a fight...
  17. Jon Jones gets UFC 151 canceled - U MAD?
    Video
  18. Mitrione Wants to Fight "Arrogant" UFC Champ Jon Jones
    Matt Mitrione has told the UFC he will happily welcome Jon Jones to the heavyweight division, if the reigning light-heavyweight champion decides to make the move up a level. Mitrione admits he used...
  19. ufc rest of the fights for the year 154 155 card fx card in dec
    I didn't realize how many Ufc fighters still are scheduled t. Fight this year. Cerrone vs Pettis Diego Sanchez Jim miller Rashad Evans Probably mark hunt. Ben Rothwell Sam stout Edison barboza Guida...
  20. Nearly 20 years after son's passing, UFC's Eddie Yagin finally fulfilling American dream
    LINK While UFC featherweight Eddie Yagin (16-5-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) recently cashed a "Fight of the Night" bonus check for $65,000, the 33-year-old Hawaiian has seen his share of hard times. Shot in the...
  21. Chris Weidman Undergoes Successful Elbow Surgery
    LINK Sep 7, 2012 - While the MMA world was digesting the Chris Weidman vs. Tim Boetsch middleweight fight that was announced on Friday, Weidman was undergoing elbow surgery in South Dakota....
  22. REMEMBERING EVAN TANNER
    LINK Evan Tanner 1971-2008 Four years ago, on September 8, 2008, the mixed martial arts world lost one of its most compelling figures when former UFC middleweight champion Evan Tanner tragically...
  23. Overeem hits woman - funniest thing ever
    Just fast forward to 1:43...I find it absurdly hilarious Click Here to Laugh @ 1:43
  24. For flyweights like UFC 152's Benavidez, long-awaited opportunity comes with pressure
    LINK Maybe you'll understand what a UFC title fight means to a guy like Joseph Benavidez if I tell you that it wasn't so long ago that he was fighting in bars in his underwear. I mean that...
  25. In wake of UFC 151 cancellation, champ Jones tells AP: 'I don't owe anybody anything'
    LINK One thing is certain in the aftermath of UFC 151 and the buildup to UFC 152: There has been no shortage of quotables. UFC President Dana White has had plenty of them, starting with the media...
  26. Kyle Kingsbury Receives Minor Injuries In Motorcycle Accident
    LINK Javier Mendez, the trainer for Kyle Kingsbury, posted on Twitter that his fighter was involved in a motorcycle accident. Mendez added that Kingsbury is still expected to compete at UFC on Fuel...
  27. Frankie Edgar Has Been Training To Fight Champions His Entire Career
    LINK Former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar will step right into the featherweight division and receive a title shot, as he takes on Jose Aldo at UFC 153: Aldo vs. Edgar in October. As far as...
  28. Anderson Silva Wants To Compete In MMA Until He's 43 Years Old
    LINK UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is currently 37 years old. Silva, however, feels like a young fighter just entering his prime, as he told the Brazilian newspaper Estadao recently. "I...
  29. Dominick Cruz Remains On The Road To Recovery
    LINK UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz doesn't like taking anything slow and steady. Cruz, who is known for his excellent footwork and quick hands, is rehabbing from a knee injury suffered...
  30. Erik Koch Continues To Fight Despite String Of Bad Luck
    LINK Erik Koch was supposed to already have faced UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo. The two were set to meet earlier this year, but Aldo pulled out with a minor injury. The UFC rescheduled the...
  31. Fight With Joe Lauzon Made Sense To Gray Maynard
    LINK Former UFC lightweight contender Gray Maynard solidified his position in the 155-pound pecking order by scoring a decision victory over Clay Guida earlier this year. Now, Maynard will attempt...
  32. UFC Heavyweight Pat Barry Wants To Fight Again Before Year's End
    LINK UFC heavyweight Pat Barry is one of the most entertaining fighters in and out of the Octagon. Unfortunately for Barry he has had mixed results in his UFC career, and is coming off a KO loss to...
  33. Verbal warfare: Thiago 'The Poodle' Alves vs Siyar 'Lucky' Bahadurzada
    "At this point, especially after UFC 151 was canceled, I'll fight anyone. I was hoping to fight later this year, but since UFC canceled an event I guess I'll only fight in January now. If it works...
  34. UFC Withdrawal
    Anyone else experiencing it? Share your pain here. I dont know how anyone can complain about too many UFC events.
  35. UFC Insurance: Is it helping or hurting the sport?
    How do you guys feel about it?
  36. TUF 16 in the UK
    Does anyone know if TUF 16 is on in the UK, if so when and what channel.
  37. WHEN DOES BIG GET TOO BIG -The Dangers of the UFC by James Thompson
    Before we go any further on this blog I feel I have to make this point. It’s sad that I have to make it but such is life huhumm (clears throat)… The UFC IS NOT MMA!!! The UFC IS AN ORGANISATION THAT...
  38. Dana White on The Jim Rome Show
    I'm on my phone and can't post a link. If someone has time could you post a link Anyway, Dana said some interesting stuff - Jones said he felt like a "piece of meat". Dana said "we bought that guy a...
  39. UFC 152: The Phone Call
    Enjoy! Video (NSFW language)
  40. The cheap takedown on TUF..
    Didn't even bother to remember the guys name. What a ******* loser. Don't care if it was just a takedown it was still cheap. Then the guy goes on to say he's former military and not a "team" player....
  41. Rob Sinclair
    If Sinclair wins impressively tonight against Andre Winner I say we all bombard Dana's twitter demanding he sign Sinclair as soon as possible. I know Rabi is up for it.
  42. Rank the fights of UFC 152
    IT'S FIGHT WEEK! Been way too long since a UFC event. To get everyone in the mood I figured I should bring back a thread I haven't seen on here in a while. So just rank the fights you're most excited...
  43. Shane Carwin On Roy Nelson: I Hate That Guy
    LINK Shane Carwin pulled no punches this week when talking about how he feels about his opposing coach for this season of The Ultimate Fighter, Roy Nelson. Carwin spoke to Bleacherreport.com this...
  44. Vitor Belfort Talks About Why He Deserves Title Fight Against Jones
    LINK Vitor Belfort was a guest this week on UFC Tonight on FUEL TV and discussed a number of topics including why he feels he deserved a shot at the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship over Chael...
  45. UFC thanks its fans (video)
    Video here pretty solid video from the UFC youtube account. Song is "Narcissistic Cannibal" by Korn ft Skrillex in case you were wondering (without lyrics)
  46. Which UFC152 under card fight has you foaming at the mouth?
    BONES VERSUS VITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joe B versus Mighty Mouse! aaaaannnnndddddd...... the other fights.... Dont forget that there is 10 other fights on before the champs defend the gold on Saturday...
  47. UFC 152: Win Bonuses
    KOTN: Jon Jones SOTN: Jimy Hettes FOTN: Charles Oliveira vs Cub Swanson UOTN: Demetrious Johnson
  48. UFC fighter action figures ???
    Was wondering what everyone thinks of the UFC action figures? I found a big headed Kimbo Slice at a dollar store in Calgary last year. I glued him to my dashboard so everyone else driving knew not to...
  49. TuF - The Smashes first episode
    Part one The rest of the episode is in the 'related videos' in the link I feel bad for Pastou. Anyone have him in the side game?
  50. This weekend kicks off a string of three historic cards...
    I think this will be the first and only time we will be treated to Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, and GSP all fighting on consecutive cards. I think that's pretty awesome!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169