UFC Forum

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum
Forum for discussing Ultimate Fighting Championship happenings.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Rashad vs Chael in the works?
    Link to Picture Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans posted a picture on his Twitter account that shows him and Chael Sonnen in a typical post-press conference face-off. With Evans...
  2. Does Bader have a chance ???
    I think Machida takes this one without too much trouble, but I wouldnt be upset at all if Bader pulls one out. Does anyone think Bader can take out Machida ??? Cant wait to see it....
  3. ? about the unified rules of MMA......Spoiler Alert!
    There was a " no decision" result in the Phil Davis fight. He unintentionaly poked his opponent in the eye ....hard. Why doesnt a fighter get 5 minutes to recover from an eye poke....they do for a...
  4. fights to make after UFC on FOX 4
    Spectacular night of fights, some of the best in a while for sure. Mauricio Rua - Alexander Gustafsson Brandon Vera - Thiago Silva Lyoto Machida - Dana says winner of Hendo/Jones which is cool but...
  5. My favorite moment from last nights event.
    DVR is a godsend.
  6. What is Shogun's deal?
    He is starting to make himself look aweful. He basically got punked out by Dana twice in the last couple months. He first got called out for ducking Glover, then last night Dana all but pubically...
    Pages: 2
  7. Roy Nelson jabs Dana, Overeem with TRT Tweet
    The Juice is good @Danawhite says so as long as you don't over do it Retweet @ufc . Now I know why Overeem is OK... http://fb.me/IP37wRgc twitter @roynelsonmma
  8. Nate Diaz close to signing new UFC deal, manager wants title fight in December
    MMA JUNKIE ARTICLE Manager Cesar Gracie met on Monday with UFC president Dana White to hammer out a new deal with Nate Diaz (16-7 MMA, 11-5 UFC) and discuss the future of his brother, Nick Diaz...
  9. How Joe Lauzon will be spending his bonuses
    yahoo After choking former champion Jamie Varner out on network television Saturday night and winning two bonus checks (for submission of the night and fight of the night in the process), UFC...
  10. Anyone else ever encounter one of these..?
    I recently searched my place of an employment for a co-worker I could discuss MMA with. A lot of dudes have heard of it, A lot of dudes have saw it but I could only find one person willing to have...
  11. Chael Sonnen vs “Unnamed Rival” on a Grudge Weight Bout
    link
  12. UFC career earnings (updated after every event)
    Athletic commissions didn't start releasing fighter purse info until 2004, so the info below only reflects money earned from UFC 46 and onward. Also, these are only the reported salaries plus Fight...
  13. Funny Joe Rogan story about Dan Henderson
    I know this is a couple months old but its from Rogan's podcast right before UFC 148 with guest Chael Sonnen. This is Rogan's story about Dan Henderson LINK
  14. Is the UFC in your town?
    As the UFC has come to Denver the last 5 years I've learn something that I want to share to my PG fam. It seem to be easy to win UFC tix if you just try. I mean I wasn't going to try to win the radio...
  15. thank god
    i'm just happy to know that the next lw title shot won't involve frankie edgar.
  16. Let's go ahead and get it out of the way
    Close fight. Who do YOU think won the title?
  17. Fights to make after UFC 150
    Solid night overall, quite a few finishes which is awesome and a very close title fight! UFC 150 kicked ass!! Here we go... Benson Henderson - Nate Diaz Frankie Edgar - Diego Sanchez or Clay Guida...
  18. Anderson Silva Out Until 2013
    Just watched a little media scrum with Dana White, post UFC 150. He had some interesting stuff to say. The most interesting comment I found was when he said Anderson Silva will not fight again until...
  19. Anyone think.......
    Nate Diaz is going to beat the shit out of Ben Henderson? Bendo is too comfortable with his back being against the cage. With Nate putting pressue on him shit we just might have a Diaz bro as a UFC...
  20. Hammens Hammy
    http://cagejunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/20120811-232739.jpg "Picture of Jared Hamman's TORN Hamstring after Kuiper fight. Apparently after a leg kick the hamstring detached from the bone....
  21. Daron Cruickshank
    Everyone hear on the site probably knows Daron Cruickshank but the casual fan probably doesn't. He'll be fighting at UFC 151 Jones vs Hendo on the prelims against Henry Martinez. Showing some support...
  22. Rashad Evans On His Future, Middleweight, and Chael Sonnen
    There's been a lot of talk about former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans dropping down in weight to test his might against some of the world's top...
  23. UFC lightweight Reza Madadi saves drowning toddler in Sweden
    Kimura.se has the UFC press release: [Madadi] had been kayaking in the Stockholm Archipelago and was about to buy lunch at a restaurant in Hornsberg, when he witnessed a child of one and a half years...
  24. According to Kawa, Henderson is Looking To Defend Title Against Diaz on Fox 5 or New Year’s Show
    According to “Smooth’s” manager, Malki Kawa, it is a possibility that the fight will be on Fox, if not the promotion’s usual elephantine New Year’s show. As he told Steph Daniels of BloodyElbow.com:...
  25. UFC 150's Max Holloway wants one more fight this year after back-to-back wins
    FULL MMAJUNKIE ARTICLE It only took Max Holloway a few boxing lessons to figure this out: Body shots hurt. He's of course learned to harness that power over two years of fighting, and at this past...
  26. Nate Diaz Heavyweight, Roy Nelson lightweight
    I was amazed when I saw this...Nate and Gilbert fight LW, Nelson heavyweight, and Nick WW - looks like Nate is the heavyweight ...so strange seeing people off fighting weight
  27. Chael Sonnen & Jon Jones engaged in Twitter war
    Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen apparently going at it on Twitter. After Chael said he would clean up whatever was left behind by Hendo, JBJ was quick to answer: @sonnench the things you say about me hold...
  28. Cigano named Ambassador of Salvador for FIFA World Cup
    JDS Twitter Pretty big deal, good for him.
  29. Dana White Details The UFC’s Stance On Social Media
    There is something vastly different from the way the UFC runs its social media campaigns compared to that of the NBA, NFL, NHL or MLB. You wouldn’t see Kobe Bryant, Sidney Crosby or Derek Jeter spend...
  30. In a world of real fighting, shouldn't we be above the Jones-Sonnen fake stuff?
    junkie Near the end of his Twitter war with Chael Sonnen, UFC light-heavyweight champ Jon Jones fired off what he probably assumed was a rhetorical question. "For everyone who thinks I'm 'falling...
  31. Rory MacDonald with Tim and Sid
    sportsnet.ca From the UG: On the training partner that caused the cut: “Once I knew what it was, I grabbed him and I suplexed him like he was Nate Diaz!” MacDonald then went on to respond to the...
  32. Gray Maynard-Aaron Simpson Throw Down Wrestling Challenge On Twitter
    Gray Maynard and Aaron Simpson engaged themselves in a lengthy Twitter battle Friday night over wrestling. Both were standout Div. I college wrestlers, with Simpson earning All-American status twice...
  33. Jones's Nike deal worth $20k a year?
    I did not throw this in news because Ariel Helwani said it was unconfirmed, but on this week's The MMA Hour, Helwani said this: "What I heard from one source, just one, was that it was a one year...
  34. Dead Man Fighting
    ESPN ESPN piece on Court McGee.
  35. Dan Henderson Sports Illustrated Interview
    Round 1: "On the wrestling mat, I'd beat him up" SI.com: Jon Jones has called you a "one-trick pony." I bring that up not to instigate some back-and-forth name calling -- your buddy Chael Sonnen has...
  36. Dana White warming to women's MMA, likely to add one more division to UFC in the future
    UFC President Dana White believes the organization will soon add one more division to its ranks, and he's comfortable stating that it won't be super heavyweight. And while White has previously stated...
  37. GIVEAWAY: 5 Dan Henderson Walkout Shirts and Signed Hat
    I wanted to pass along a killer giveaway we are doing at FighterStyle to the MMA Playground Community. We are giving away 5 Dan Henderson Walkout Shirts and a Signed Hat by Clinch Gear for UFC 151!...
  38. What do you think the UFC 151 announcement will be
    The obvious guess is that Henderson is out due to the wide speculation. If this is indeed the truth...who do you think will be the fill in (if not scrapped altogether)? My guess is Phil Davis since...
  39. Sonnen vs. Jones!! Nope Jones vs. Machida yay!! pfft
    What is with Jon Jones wont accept a fight against Chael Sonnen who is taking a fight on 8 days notice but he will fight machida on sept 22 who he said he doesnt want to fight again, is he scared yep...
  40. Jon Jones--Smart Business Man or Coward?
    Well, I figured Id get the ball rolling. Jon Jones' decision to not fight Sonnen: smart or cowardly?
  41. Hendo out?
    On his facebook... "Sadly and unfortunately, I partially tore a ligament in my knee in training. As a result I've had to make one of the toughest decisions that I have ever had to make...for the...
  42. Is Sonnen and Jones the best heel/face flip in MMA history?
    Jones had been fading as a face for the last year or so, and Sonnen's charisma have made him a strange anti-hero in the eyes of many. Over the last couple weeks, Jones and Sonnen began going at each...
  43. Twitter reactions
    Twitter reactions from fighters and MMA personalities on the UFC 151 issue. LINK
  44. Jon Jones would never turn down a fight
    Tweet from 2010.
  45. Dana White.. UFC 151 Conference Call WOW
    Just listened to the whole conference call for UFC 151 and... WOW. I can't believe how hard they ripped on Jones. I can honestly understand both sides of the story, but the UFC is definitely making...
  46. I bit the bullett
    Finally shelled out for a UFC ticket in Nottingham, I cant wait to go, I love going to see the UFC live.
  47. Belcher injured
    "Everyone's asking if I am mad at @Ufc @jonnybones @vitorbelfort answer is no. this is a blessing in disguise. I have a spinal fracture." Also metioned he wants Weidman in November.
  48. ufc champions who u couldn't wait to see lose
    jon jones tops my list right now as far as present tense is concerned. tim sylvia and frankie edgar are my favorite moments.
  49. UFC 151 (RIP), and the fighters
    I saw a topic on a different site basically saying that Dana is a dick for donating money to help others (Dan Miller comes to mind) and giving away tickets to fans but not footing the bill for UFC...
  50. JON JONES PULLS OUT OF FIGHT WITH BELFORT !!!!!!
    kidding !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167