UFC Forum

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum
Forum for discussing Ultimate Fighting Championship happenings.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Post Fight Presser
    After each event I always stay up to watch if Dana will drop any surprise announcements. If it was an exciting event it is always fun to see a fighters reaction and if they realize how great a...
  2. Leben vs Maia or Leben vs Munos???
    THESE FIGHTS WOULD BE GREAT! I actually think Leben would have more trouble with Maia than Munoz
  3. Siver vs. Wiman
    I haven't watched the fight yet, I missed it and will find it later unless someone PM's me a link before I search for it. But from what everyone says it was 19-19 going into the 3rd round. Just from...
  4. Stupid idea for TUF
    Ok, before I start I know this will never happen and is kind of a dumb idea. A friend and I were talking about Rich Franklin and how much we were fans of his. I was saying that I hoped he retired...
  5. TUF 14 - SPIKE sabotage?
    We already know this will be the last season on SPIKE. We know that the UFC and SPIKE's relationship is extremely strained right now. We know SPIKE is running counter-programming against live UFC...
  6. Give Jose Aldo his 2nd Belt Zuffa!
    i like cruz but i think aldo having two belts would be much more intriguing than any more matches at BW for cruz, he's taken out most all of the top bantamweights, benavidez, bowles and to me they...
  7. The UFC Middleweight Division Title Picture.
    The UFC middleweight division is my favourite division as Chris Leben competes at 185. I was speculating what the middleweight ladder looks like and who is next in line for the title, and which...
  8. Chael Sonnen: 'Stupid' Wanderlei Silva is an immigrant from Brazil -- I'm an American Gangster
    In case you hadn't noticed, Chael Sonnen is back. And he's not wasting anytime in picking a fight. Earlier this week, he asked for a "tune-up" bout against Lyoto Machida in the light heavyweight...
  9. Koscheck - Who does he fight next?
    Kos Tweeted today that the news of his next fight is "coming soon"...who do you think it's going to be against? I'm guessing Martin Kampmann.
  10. Which Division Do You Like Best?
    Just curious. which division do you guys enjoy the most? (I'll add Featherweight and Bantamweight together.) Heavyweight: Valesquez, Dos Santos, Lesnar, Carwin, Nelson, Mitrione, Kongo, Barry,...
  11. Jeremy Stephens: 'Me and Dennis Siver should fight ... let's do it!'
    What do you think guys? I think it's a good fight. There are fights I'd like to see Stephens in more but it's still a great idea. LINK
  12. UFC Quick Quote: Tito Ortiz did what Jon Jones couldn't do against Ryan Bader ... and he didn't even want to fight him
    "Yeah, this is the greatest time of my life right now. I look at the fact that I beat Ryan Bader, who was fifth in the world, top five in the world in all of MMA, at all levels, and I proved that I...
  13. UFC names top five upsets for 2011 half-year awards
    winky linky ufc link 5. Demetrious Johnson squeaks by Miguel Torres at UFC 130 4. Dennis Siver brings George Sotiropoulos' hype train to a halt at UFC 127 3. Dustin Poirier destroys Josh Grispi at...
  14. What has happened to "Joe Daddy" ? : (
    Joe Stevenson is one of my favourite fighters in the UFC and has been since watching on TUF season 2. But has suffered 4 losses in a row inside the Ocatgon, i was just wondering if i could get an...
  15. Where does Tito stand in the rankings after defeating Bader?
    Does the Playground consensus place him at the bottom of the top 10 or perhaps in the top 15?
  16. name ten ufc fighters who one day will be in the hall of fame
    Think of wins, titles, accomplishments, value to the ufc Fans, popularity, fight night bonus Which ten would you put in?? Locks 1. Ortiz 2.Penn 3. A silva 4. Gsp 5. F griffin Should be in 6. Rich...
  17. UFC 134: Rio Brazilian Trailer Sets the Bar
    The typical UFC trailer is a paint-by-numbers affair: take one part sludge metal (sorry metal dorks) nu-metal (aged ten years), mix with copious amounts of brutal strikes and primal screams denoting...
  18. Consider: UFC Grand Prix, Rankings overhaul
    Part of the reason that UFC might seem confusing to many casual observers is due to the complicated nature of determining rankings. For example: consider the LHW Div.. I think that other then Bones...
  19. UFC names top five submissions for 2011 half-year awards
    5. Nik Lentz late round comeback guillotine of Waylon Lowe at UFC Fight Night 24 4. Chris Weidman strong-arms Jesse Bongfeldt with a standing guillotine at UFC 131 3. Joe Lauzon makes short work of...
  20. Undisputed 2012
    So I dont' think their has been a 2012 thread made yet. Suppose to be released January 3rd as of now (though I would suspect their will be one delay). Here's what we've got so far. 2012 facts...
  21. UFC names top five knockouts for 2011 half-year awards
    link 5. Lyoto Machida Karate Kid crane kicks Randy Couture into retirement at UFC 129 4. Anderson Silva front kicks Vitor Belfort at UFC 126 3. John Makdessi spinning back fist demolishes Kyle...
  22. Joe Stevenson
    Any official news yet on if Joe Daddy has been released from the UFC? I know guys like Winner were released pretty much a week after the fights. I was wondering why there hasn't been word yet of...
  23. UFC names top five fights for 2011 half-year awards
    link 5. Anthony Njokuani vs. Edson Barboza at UFC 128 4. Kyle Kingsbury vs. Fabio Maldonado at The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 13 Finale 3. Diego Sanchez vs. Martin Kampmann at UFC on Versus 3 2....
  24. GSP. We can only hooe to contain him..
    Start this off.. everyone go watch ufc fight night 19.. card was stacked. Exciting. And everything a card should be. So while watching this event tonight I realized how good a fighter condit was/ is...
  25. UFC Title Fight That You're Most Highly Anticipating?
    Heavyweight Championship Bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos LightHeavyweight Championship Bout: Jon Jones vs. Quinton Jackson Middleweight Championship Bout: Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami...
  26. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Rich Franklin Poll
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-5) vs. Rich Franklin (28-6) Interesting match-up between 2 very well known fighters who could possibly be on the back-end of their careers. The loser of this fight will...
  27. ufc 133 main event is off!! davis is hurt off the card!!
    According to mmamania.com Davis is off card, ufc may scratch main event or look for replacement I got a solution!!! Have franklin vs evans for main event Have lil nog fight tito ortiz!!!!! Or a...
  28. RUMOR: Cheick Kongo vs Matt Mitrione at UFC 137
    A heavyweight tilt between heavy handed Frenchman, Cheick Kongo and currently undefeated as a professional mixed martial artist, Matt Mitrione is in the final stages of being completed for the UFC...
  29. lets talk about another ultimate fighter comeback season
    If the UFC was to have another comeback season of the ultimate fighter what weight class(es) would you have and which fighters would you bring back?
  30. UFC FN25 NOLA seating?
    ticketmaster Anyone ever been to a ufc event w/ a seating chart like this one?
  31. Ryan McGilivray's grotesquely broken nose
    I don't think I've ever seen a nose THAT broken before.
  32. Zuffa
    Just out of curiosity. Without searching online or scrolling down this page; do you know what the Italian word Zuffa translates to in English? Be honest
  33. The Count
    No, not Michael Bisping. Anyone know what the count is on how many fights have been announced in the last week or so? I feel like everytime I log in I have 10 new fights to predict. Not that Im...
  34. Rampage angry at Couture for picking against him
    I almost **** myself when I read the tweet when I got off late this morning. via Twitter “**** @Randy_Couture I used 2 rep his line, and he always picked my opponents over me, at 1st it was cool till...
  35. flyweight?
    dana white and the ufc have been talking a lot about adding a flyweight division(125 lb) to the ufc. Ive heard arguments for both sides on whether this is good for the orginization. What does the...
  36. Why is UFC trying to add 125?
    Ok i know this will force a number of fighters from fighting at their "ideal" weight class.. but if the UFC is insistant on adding a 125 weight class i really think the 135 and 145 need to be...
  37. 25 Future Hall of Famers
    Who do you think currently active in the UFC will make their way into the Hall of Fame? My thoughts include the obvious Matt Hughes GSP Anderson BJ Penn some maybe not so obvious, possibly because...
  38. Matt Hughes' Future
    For the first time maybe ever(?), Matt Hughes will be going into a UFC bout and leaving the Octagon without a job or contract after not wanting to sign an extension due to possible retirement. If he...
  39. griffin vs shogun rematch
    I am watching griffin vs ramirez in ufc victory Was thinking I was there live when I saw griffin tap out shogun Exciting match but also by the time they fight again come a month after Griffin has...
  40. Thoughts on Penn VS Condit
    looking for discussions and opinions. Alot of the guys in my camp are thinking BJ will retire soon. I have an Avatar bet on the fight with a guy that says condits too strong and too good a striker! I...
  41. UFC Quick Quote: Jorge Santiago will submit Demian Maia
    "He has an excellent ground game. I’ve watched his fights for a long time, he has a good ground game, but mine ain’t any worse. I still haven’t had the chance to show it in MMA, but I can fight him...
    Pages: 2
  42. Ever had trouble with purchasing tix to a UFC event?
    I've only purchased tickets twice. Once for Marquardt/Palhares which was fine & today for Battle on the Bayou. I got on at 10am to find out my UFC Fight Club code didnt work. After hunting their...
  43. Sexyama to upset Belfort?
    I seriously see this happening. This card got so much better once Davis pulled out and Tito stepped in because at least Rashad & Tito have history. But Belfort-Sexyama is definitely the most...
  44. Rank The Fights Of UFC 133!
    Rank each fight in the order for which you are most excited. 1. Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz 2. Johny Hendricks vs. Mike Pierce 3. Vitor Belfort vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama 4. Matt Hamill vs. Alexander...
  45. Rivera good chance to lose this weekend?
    Knowing his crappy luck we will be lucky if he even fights haha but seriously, is he that much of a lock this weekend? His opponent don't feel like looking up his long ass name haha but I've only...
  46. ufc 133 predictions fotn? kotn? sotn?
    Thank god for another fight event seems like forever since we had one This card has taken a lot of hits!! Main card isn't worth 50 bucks Anyways Fight of the night I will go with mike pyle vs rory...
  47. Tito Ortiz
    Im very cureous about this and i can not find it anywhere.I know Tito has pretty good wrestling credentials and iv heard many many times his bjj is very underated.As we seen in his fight against...
  48. Randy Couture Predicts UFC 133
    Randy Couture predicts UFC 133 Evans vs Ortiz Randy Couture predicts UFC 133 Belfort vs Akiyama Randy Couture predicts UFC 133 Rivera vs Sakara Randy Couture predicts UFC 133 MacDonald vs Pyle Randy...
  49. UFC 133: The Movie!
    Are you guys ready?! Dana White released the movie trailer for the upcoming UFC 133! Video
  50. Mauro Ranallo with Dana White: The MMA Show
    Mauro Ranallo talks with UFC President Dana White about UFC 133, the recent release of Golden Glory fighters and where Fedor ranks among the all-time greats in the sport. Pretty heated little...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168