UFC Forum

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum
Forum for discussing Ultimate Fighting Championship happenings.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Shogun Rua vs. Jon Jones Press Conference Staredown
    Very interesting stare down between UFC light heavyweight champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and his UFC 128 challenger Jon Jones at the pre-fight press conference. Jones used his novel and intimidating...
  2. I can't take the Jon Jones Hype anymooore!!!!!
    This Jon Jones hype is pissing me off so much. I am hating on this guy just for the people who are going to say that. the main reason it is pissing me off is because he is so confident, I mean I have...
  3. nam phan out of fight with garcia!! korean zombie steps in!!
    Looks like phan is out. Korean zombie will now face garcia. In a rematch First fight to me last year was fight of the year. Glad it is on main card. Can't wait. In a few hours or early morning...
  4. BJ vs Fitch 2 booked for UFC 132!!
    BJ vs Fitch has been booked for UFC 132, Dana White confirmed they have verbally agreed on a rematch. "Both fighters look to keep it out of the hands of the judges this time." Said Dana. Yea sure...
  5. Jone Jones Says He'll beat Rua in the Clinch.
    Speaking with ESPN's Josh Elliott, Jones said he believes he's significantly better than Rua in the clinch, to the point where he thinks that when the two of them come together standing up, Rua won't...
  6. SPORTS SCIENCE: Would you rather take a punch or kick from Shogun?
    Check it out here. Results aren't surprising, but cool nonetheless. LINK
  7. UFC vs. Strikeforce
    If Dana were to announce that fans would have the opportunity to see one of the following two UFC vs. Strikeforce cards, which would you choose? Event #1: George St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz...
  8. Jon Jones quotes throughout the countdown and interviews.
    "I truly believe it's my time, so I feel as if it's already done. And the people who picked me to win, they'll be saying 'I told you so'." "Despite being a white belt, I think I can tap out Shogun."...
  9. UFC 128 Fighter Highlight Reels!
    Watch the highlight reels and get to know the fighters of 128 a little better! Shogun Rua Bones Jones Urijah Faber Eddie Wineland Nate Marquardt Dan Miller Cro Cop Brendan Schaub Jim Miller Kamal...
  10. Shogun vs. Jones TOMORROW NIGHT! Any things not uttered, shall be uttered now...
    Ok, So I want to hear how everyone feels about this fight. My pick is Jon Jones by 3rd round TKO. Neither men have been knocked out, but I would say for sure that Jon Jones is ready for that belt....
  11. Who are you most excited to see at 128?
    Just a few more hours! For me, it's a tie between these two guys. What about you guys?
  12. JON BONES JONES, THE NEW CHAMPION!
    I would hate to say I told you guys so, but...I TOLD YOU SO. Jon Jones is a Monster. I was expecting for Shogun to maintain him a little better, but no! Bones is going to have a really bright future...
  13. UFC 129 Promo.
    PROMOOOOOO I cnt wait for this fight, people better not overlook Shields in this fight. Also this card is gunna be amazing too. * Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Jake Shields UFC Welterweight...
  14. Did any one else notice....
    At the end of the fight after Herb Dean pulled Jones off, Shogun didnt realise the fight was over and actually tapped. If you didnt notice then watch the end of the fight and watch Shogun, he tapped...
  15. Giving the Miller brothers their due
    Jim Miller has put together a 9-1 UFC record relatively quietly. He has faced some stiff competiton. Remember when Charles Oliveira was being touted as the "Brazilian Jon Jones" before he met with...
  16. Rashad via twitter....
    I know @jonnybones style well cuz we trained 2gether & he knows mine. Now it's just a matter of who payed more attention or held back more.
  17. Is Cro Cop the next Mark Coleman?
    I say this because Dana revealed that Mirko got cut last night. Is it time for Cro Cop to retire? Or maybe have a few more bouts with another organization? Or is he becoming a Mark Coleman and...
  18. JON JONES THE CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I knew it I knew it in the first round I knew jones was going to win he was in better shape he had a fight 6 weeks ago he was more and better prepared for this fight thats how I knew
  19. UFC Fantasy Tourneys (Not a sidegame, but a fantasy card poll)
    Tourneys that I would like to see (Kind of like the SF Heavyweights GP) Brackets will be divided by ------------ Lightweight Tourney Melvin Guillard Joe Lauzon Dennis Siver Kenny Florian...
  20. Another choose the best fantasy card
    I've made 2 more 12 fight cards. First choose which card you'd rather watch then the winners of each fight. Card 1 MAIN CARD Jacare Souza vs Anderson Silva (Middleweight Championship) Roy Nelson vs...
  21. Shoguns Gameplan
    Shogun lost because of brain, not just brawn. Why the Hell didnt he have a gameplan? He said the plan was to fight Jones everywhere?! Thats not a gameplan. Surely a fighter of his calibre knows you...
  22. Best Chance at Beating Jon Jones
    Who in the LHW division do you think has the best chance at beating Jon Jones? Personally I think Machida has the best style for Jones. I don't think Rashad will be able to (even though I really hope...
    Pages: 2
  23. Thinking about making a real bet
    I made a real bet last weekend on Shaub, Jim Miller and Jones and won. Im thinking of making my second bet on UFC 129 I was planning on picking (a parlay of:) GSP, Mark Bocek and Nate Diaz What do...
  24. Wow, look at this card. Blast from the past.
    This is the card from Ultimate Fight Night 13. MAIN CARD * Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher * Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas * Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan * Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo PRELIMINARY CARD...
  25. You heard it here first..
    This is how Dos Santos will finish Lesnar. Dos Santos will finish Lesnar with a secret move
  26. Anderson talks Jon Jones and more....
    Lowkick.com UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva shared his thoughts about Jon Jones' performance against Shogun Rua, declaring that the 23 year old Champ will keep his belt for a...
  27. Where is Shane Carwin?
    As the title says, where is Shane Carwin?! The guy has been missing from the ring for almost a year now and from what I can see no fights on the horizon. Does anyone know whats going on with him?
  28. Does anyone care about Tito?
    His next fight was just announced, does anyone care?
  29. UFN Avatar Bet
    Originally I wanted Tito, he's gone.... I want Garcia, so any takers for Korean Zombie? Also I'm taking Sean McCorkle, anyone want Morecraft? Worst Comes to worst i'll take Phil Davis
  30. UFC champs VS Strikeforce champs
    With the recent purchase of Strikeforce I've been meaning to post something like this. I want to know who everyone thinks would win in these 5 matches. Champ VS Champ baby, who takes it? LW Frankie...
  31. Anderson Silva: Talks GSP and Jon Jones win over Shogun
    AS pulls out some English too....very nice http://www.ultmma.com/news/index.php?itemid=1532
  32. Fight Night 24 Highlight Reels!
    Watch the highlight reels and get to know the fighters of Fight Night 24 a little better! (Note: Some videos may not include actual highlights, and I will include whatever I can find. This will...
  33. UFN 24 Prelims on Facebook?
    Does any body know if there is any Prelims on Facebook this weekend, also how many fights are beeing broadcast live on Spike, wikipedia is listing the main card as 4 fights, is that correct. Thanks
  34. UFC 120-129 have been very historic
    UFC 120 - First Main Event for Bisping and Akiyama on a major ppv. And it was free. UFC 121 - First Mexican Heavyweight champ crowned UFC 122 - Noted for being one of the worst cards ever, and it was...
  35. Worst UFC Card ever? Opinions?
    I say that UFC 122 is one of the worst cards ever. Really boring too. Any Others?
  36. Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones
    Honestly who do you think would win? I really have no idea. I def want to say Anderson but I was positive that Jones wasn't going to run through Shogun either. Whether Shogun looked bad or good (bad...
  37. Ultimate Fight Night 24 Avatar Bets?
    I got Davis over Nog. Anthony Johnson over Dan Hardy and Korean Zombie. Any takers?
  38. Fighters that would be better in new divisions
    Jon Jones - Even though he just became champ, his reach is so dominant, that he could manage a few fights at heavyweight. Fedor - He would be a beast at 205. Anderson Silva - His 2 fights at 205 are...
  39. Damarques Jhonson vs. Amir Sadollah
    im thinking Amir UD, but what do you guys think? Does Demarques stand a fair chance? worth $50 fake dollars?
  40. What are GSP's and Shields's Gameplans going to be?
    So for UFC 129 GSP is fighting a very well rounded fighter, good in every aspect of the game. So whats GSP's gameplan going to be? It's not gunna be as easy to take him down and GnP for 5 rounds as...
  41. fight night predictions for fotn?kotn?sotn?
    another card approaches us march has been a nice month for mma good card i still think co main event should have been main event but anyways fight of the night i am gonna give obvious fight of the...
  42. Matt Hughes vs. Diego Sanchez?
    Noticed this on Bloodyelbow. "Hughes... keep telling Dana" -Diego Sanchez, tells fans to tweetspam Dana White about him fighting Matt Hughes. What do you guys think? Who do you have winning?
  43. New season of TUF
    Does anyone know what channel this will be on in the UK?
  44. Shane Carwin Set to Fight Jon Olav Einemo, Possibly at UFC 131
    "As for Shane Carwin: Jon Olav Einemo. That's his next opponent. He's from Norway. He's 6 foot 6, and he's the Abu Dabi [sic] submission champion" LINK What do you think Playground? I personally...
  45. UFC Fight Night 24 Facebook stream includes Caceres-Semerzier, Madsen-Russow
    "Two preliminary-card fights from Saturday's UFC Fight Night 24 event will stream for free on Facebook, officials today announced. UFC Fight Night 24 takes place at Seattle's KeyArena, and the...
  46. FIght Night 24 on Spike
    Which Fight Night 24 fights will be on Spike? Sorry if this has been asked already.
  47. If Rampage did take the title fight at 128...
    If Rampage was able to make the weight, and took the fight, would he have beaten the Shogun we saw at 128? I think yes. Shogun was just totally ring rusted and gassed by the first.
  48. Anderson Silva vs GSP...or Jones?
    With how good Bones looked against Rua, what fight would you rather see? Anderson Silva vs Gsp or Bones. This is just for fun. I understand that Bones probably needs a few more wins, and that is IF...
  49. Who should Wandy fight next?
    I have seen threads saying Wanderlei Silva should fight Leben, Stann, Belfort, and many others. But I want to hear what you guys think. Honestly, I say he should fight Leben. Would be one of the most...
  50. Michael Bisping Vs Anderson Silva
    I think it would be the fight of the year. I say every person in this forum writes the UFC an email about putting this fight together. I do not want to see Chael lay on top of Spitsbing and just tap...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169