UFC Forum

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum
Forum for discussing Ultimate Fighting Championship happenings.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. best fights of ufc so far this year
    with only a few events left, i looked long and hard at what i thought were the best fights of ufc i have a formula doing mine all the way back to ufc 37 i pick the 2 best matches regardless or main...
  2. Team Alpha Male
    I realized last night how much I've taken a liking to these guys, whether it's their skill-sets or their attitudes, I don't know. And aside from that I'm starting to feel like they could possibly...
  3. UFC 122 Weigh-Ins Results
    Results: Everyone made weight. Nate Marquardt (186) vs. Yushin Okami (185) Jorge Rivera (185) vs. Alessio Sakara (186) Dennis Siver (155) vs. Andre Winner (155) Amir Sadollah (170) vs. Peter Sobotta...
  4. Miguel Angel Torres vs. Urijah Faber? As TUF coaches?
    While watching Urijah Faber dispatch Takeya Mizugaki, I was thinking that a match with Miguel Torres, with the winner getting a title shot, was almost a no-brainer. I guess the only drawback to the...
  5. rivera vs sakara bout scratched!!!!
    Just found out. At last min sakara could not fight due to illness Ludwig vs oscipczac will be on main card now This wiped out the hot bout I hope playground makes another fight the hot bout quickly...
  6. Amir is funny
    MMAthematician – Do you plan to go into acting in the future? Amir – I try not to think about the future, I just try to stay focused on what is in front of me… Which is part of the reason all these...
  7. UFC 122: The Losers Aftermath
    Now that UFC 122 is in the books it's time for one of my favorite post-event happenings: Playing prognosticator and predicting what happens to today's losers. As always my predictions are with...
  8. nate marquadt contender fights
    For some reason nate wins his fights but loses contender matches He is like florian. Just can't step up for those big fights Against leites. A win would have given him a title shot he lost Sonnen as...
  9. Frank Mir Talks About Brock Lesnar's Fear of Being Punched
    vidlink "(Brock Lesnar) needs to just spar a lot, like a thousand rounds and get over this whatever fear he has of being punched in the face." "Not that any of us, clock in at work that day and hope...
  10. ufc 123 predictions fotn?? sotn?? kotn??
    i was looking very forward to this fight card but due to work restraints i wont be watching it live which sucks for me missing first live pay per view ever but i will be taping it and watching it...
  11. Dana still unapproving of Overeem's top ten ranking
    link UFC president Dana White likes Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem. They often cross paths, and White respects him and calls him a "cool guy." But the praise stops when White is...
  12. Reminder: UFC 123 Press-Conference Today
    Don't forget to tune into todays Press Conference leading up to UFC 123: Rampage .vs. Machida this Saturday Night. Press conference will start at 1 p.m. ET. Sherdog MMAWeekly MMAJunkie
  13. I want Bruce LeeRoy to ....
    Win? Lose? Be humbled? Do a grinding dance over the limp body of his opponent?
  14. TUF: Pierre/Koscheck Finale Season Predictions
    With almost 12 seasons filmed, casual and hardcore TUF fans know how the reality show works. There can only be one fighter to win the six-figure contract, but that doesn't mean some of the other...
  15. At Least Someone Agrees With Me That Google Is Indeed Evil
    That someone is Zuffa. Interesting article I just read on Cage Potato about Zuffa serving Google with a cease & desist letter in its ongoing war against illegal PPV streams among other things: As...
  16. Milestone Alert! UFC to Hold 1,500th Fight at UFC 123
    Courtesy of FightMetric: The UFC will celebrate a milestone at UFC 123 this Saturday night as it holds the 1,500th fight in its history. The sixth fight on the card will be the big number 1,500,...
  17. My biggest fear with the WEC/UFC merger
    What will happy to Brittney Palmer? It would be awful if she was droped from the roster. As she is the hottest Ring Girl alive!!!!!
  18. UFC: 123 Aftermath
    Winners: Rampage Jackson: Forrest Griffin vs Rich Franklin Winner. BJ Penn: Jon Fitch. Maiquel Falcao: Rich Attonito vs Dave Branch winner. Phil Davis: Thiago Silva vs Brandon Vera Winner. George...
  19. Maiquel Jose Falcao?
    whats the playgrounds opinion of this guy? he was a no name till his ufc debut but IMO he handled harris especially with the strikes. he had good take down defense and just about got the submission....
  20. Did Shane Carwin Get Himself "Blocked" By UFC On Twitter?
    Or just much ado about nothing? Have a look: And as a followup he posted this right before I posted this (literally a minute ago): wouldn't you know cutandpaste.com ran the UFC blocking me as a...
  21. New "This Is SportsCenter" Commercial Featuring Georges St. Pierre
    Not sure if this is as much a news item as it is just pretty cool. Mods can move it if they wish. Video I liked it. Wish it had been a bit longer, but I love the Octagon as his office.
  22. Whats your take on where the LHW div. is headed?
    Shogun has the title, and Rashad is the #1 contender. Rampage just beat Machida, Bones is fighting Bader, Thiago Silva v. Brandon Vera & Forrest is fighting Franklin. If Shogun keeps his title, i...
  23. Mike Swick Goes Off About Shamrock and Bullying
    Mike Swick can't keep his dislike for Frank Shamrock to himself anymore. He recently let everyone know how he feels about Frank and his "war" against bullying via Facebook. "ARE YOU KIDDING FRANK...
  24. Is Dana White Creating The Boring Fights?
    UFC has come under alot of critisism for the lack of action in some fights, but with the recent cut of Gerald Harris and the cut a few months ago of Eliot Marshall (both started 3-0 and lost 1 fight...
  25. If you owned a mma organization
    if you owned a mma organization which fighter would you buy first ?
  26. With the UFC/WEC merger who should drop to 145?
    I was thinking Edgar back in the day, but he's obviously been successful at 155 now, so thats probably out for at least the near future. However Tyson Griffin's frame seems small enough to make it to...
  27. is Fitch to big strong and athletic for BJ?
    A quote from my buddy "springer" Fitch is a huge 170 BJ is a tiny 170 and Fitch will be abkle to take BJ down at will and neutrelize BJs striking. I dont agree- It will be a really tough fight for...
  28. Ultimate fighter season 12
    Just wanted to confirm, was there not an episode on last night, and will there be a double episode next week. Thanks
  29. UFC LHW divison.
    LHW picture at the minute looks like this for the up and coming months. Silva vs Vera Jones vs Bader Rua vs Evans Tito vs Nogueira Franklin vs Griffin A was just thinking what about the fighters...
  30. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs Rashad "Sugar" Evans
    Who would win I like both fighters their very good,sportsmanlike, and put on a good show I would have to say Shogun he is to dominant, the only fighters that could beat Shogun MAYBE are Quinton...
  31. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 2
    I want this fight to happen immediatly ,,,,i was expecting a better fight and the 3rd round was really god but the other 2 were meh How do u think it would go for the 2nd time ?
  32. UFC Champions Poll: Anderson Silva
    A while ago i did a piece The Old UFC Champions Poll (A Silva) I am rebuffing/redoing this as new challengers and champions have emerged, and BJ as well as Machida have lost their championship Please...
  33. ESPN Report Incorrect According To UFC: Matt Brown Has Not Been Released
    Earlier this week, ESPN's MMA Live reported that Matt "The Immortal" Brown had been cut by the UFC following his third straight loss. It seems as if the "worldwide leader" jumped the gun on Brown's...
  34. Alessio Sakara Reveals Why He Pulled Out Of UFC 122 Fight
    Bad tuna. Seriously. An all tuna diet. Shaky camera work? Check. Chair awkwardly placed in front of a full-length mirror? Check. Poorly translated subtitles? Check. Odd excuse for why you missed...
  35. UFC Quick Quote: Georges St. Pierre 'always afraid' before his fights but it 'makes him courageous'
    I put this in the UFC forum because the quote is from a bunch of GSP quotes UFC.com published and when read in context takes on a slightly different meaning to the headline. Anyway heres what...
  36. Mike Goldberg Shows Off Old Hockey Injury
    From the Q&A at UFC 123
  37. Fastest Knockouts in MMA History
    Do any of you know of fights that have ended by knockout faster than the ones on this site?: http://www.theinternetgateway.com/2010/11/fastest-knockouts-in-mma.html I'm trying to see what are the...
  38. MMA Live 12-2-10
    http://www.theinternetgateway.com/p/mma-live.html
  39. The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale Weigh-In
    Don't forget to tune in for the weigh-ins tonight at 7:00p.m ET. LAS VEGAS – Official fighter weigh-ins for The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale take place today, and you can catch a live video stream of...
  40. Nam Pham gets robbed
    How the **** do these judges have a job, you could have had a blind man scoring better than this travesty. Just goes to show if you swing like mad man even if they don't land you get the win, no...
    Pages: 2
  41. TUF 12 Finale: The Losers Aftermath
    It's always tough to predict what happens to the losers after a TUF Finale just because many of them are TUF contestants who got a second chance after losing on the show (plus they're exhibition...
  42. Pablo Garza knocks the snot out of Paixao
    In the prelims to the televised part of the TUF 12 Finale Pablo Garza squared off against Fredson Paixao. Garza had a huge reach advantage and superior striking. To put it mildly he put those skills...
  43. Did anyone actually have Garcia winning?
    I know this isn't the first post about it, but i want to see numbers. this has to be one of the worst decisions i have seen in a long time; i would even put it up there with Bisping/Hamill....
  44. Exclusive Interview with Jonny “Bones” Jones at Raging Wolf X
    UFC Light Heavyweight fighter, Jonny “Bones” Jones was live in attendance, along with his good friend and training partner, “Suga” Rashad Evans, at Raging Wolf X: Mayhem in the Mist (the Series) on...
  45. Best Fights in MMA History
    http://www.theinternetgateway.com/2010/12/epic-fights.html
  46. Future Ultimate Fighter ?
    Team Aldo vs Team Faber ? i want to see that all the way i know this fight has happened obvs but i want to see it in the ufc
  47. shogun
    shogun is unstoppable
  48. TUF 12 Finale GIFs
    A few I just found on CP: Garza's KO of Paixao...and Mazzagatti with a nice shoulder tackle at the end! But he forgot to jump over Paixao. The Pace choke. The you-knew-it-was-coming Cody McKenzie...
  49. Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr.
    Silva would kill him it would of been a great fight along time ago when jones was in his prime still would pay to watch
  50. UFC vs Strikeforce Closing the year
    The show that Strikeforce put this past weekend (Hendo vs. Babalu) was outragous, some of the most incredible fights I have seen in some time, the most rediculous knockouts in years. On the other...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168