UFC Forum

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum
Forum for discussing Ultimate Fighting Championship happenings.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. best option to fight against GSP @ 170?
    In my opinion, I'd love to see St. Pierre give Ricardo Almeida a try.. here's my reasons why: - Alves, Fitch, and Koscheck are all decent opponents, but would probably all see the same result as the...
  2. Carwin vs Lesnar
    IMO there is now sub threat and probably the 1st one to get on his back loses . I give a slight speed advantage to Lesnar and the power advantage to Carwin. PS: I hope Lesnar will get his thoughts on...
  3. Whats next for Frank Mir
    So Frank Mir lost too Carwin and Lesnar, he now finds himself in an awkward postion. My question is simple, but confusing and slightly deep. Who, or what in your opinion is the best thing or opponent...
  4. Remembering Renato "Babalu" Sobral at UFC 74
    At UFC 74, Babalu Faced David Heath... At the Weigh-ins, they had a heated face off and Heath said to Babalu, "Your Going down, Mother(expletive). Lots of bad blood between them. During the fight,...
  5. Palhares' explaination and Drwal's injury update
    Palhares link Drwals injury "I had no intention to hurt Tomasz," Palhares told MMAjunkie.com through his interpreter and manager, Alex Davis. "I never have; I am not like that. "Unfortunately, there...
  6. Hardys Next Fight?
    Who should it be??? any ideas?
  7. UFN 21 Weigh-Ins
    Weigh-ins results: Everyone made weight. Kenny Florian (156) vs. Takanori Gomi (155) Roy Nelson (263) vs. Stefan Struve (248) Nate Quarry (186) vs. Jorge Rivera (186) Ross Pearson (156) vs. Dennis...
  8. Is Lesnar the Underdog against Carwin?
    Miphi1991 recently posted a poll as to who is going to win the fight between Lesnar/Carwin and the majority of the playground picked Carwin to take it. IMO I think that Carwin is going to KO Lesnar,...
  9. Closer to a title fight
    I know all these 5 guys are miles away from a title fight but which one do you think will be getting a title match (if any) will get a title fight soonest?
  10. fight night 21 predictions!! fotn? sotn?kotn?
    another fight card ready to go and i am still not over this last weekend fight of the night gotta go with florian vs gomi i am very curious to see which gomi shows up?? and how he will handle the...
  11. New Jersey commission clarifies why Kurt Pellegrino's UFC 111 face plant was legal
    link The fact that Camoes was the one initiating the submission is an important point. "It should be noted that when a fighter is placed into a submission hold by their opponent, if that fighter is...
  12. Where is Big Country in the Mix?
    So make that two devastating knockouts in a row over opponents who tower over him. He's looked great, for what little we've seen since his UFC contract officially started. My question now is, with...
    Pages: 2
  13. TUF 11: After Episode 1, who impressed you the most?
    Brad Tavares Jamie Yager Clayton McKinney I think I'd put money on any of the three to make it at least to the Final 4. Last night's episode featured some of the best opening fights for a TUF...
  14. UFC Middleweight division getting exciting!!!
    The Lightweights had its good days, the welterweight division has always been exciting until just recently as now GSP's having a hard time finding an opponent, Light Heavyweight has always been the...
  15. TUF 11: Teh Gifs
    I made a bunch of GIFs for the first episode of TUF 11.. Im pumped for this season! Lynch/McKinney Will also accept requests.
  16. Very first fights of the night taped and empty seats...
    I have been looking for the okami vs linhares fight and still no luck. This kind of thing makes me wonder...if you buy a PPV, why dont you get to see ALL THE FIGHTS? I am not just talking about the...
  17. Fight Metric: GSP vs. Hardy
    I was just taking a look at the Fight Metric scoring for this fight, and thought I'd share. - Hardy went 1-for-21 in strikes while standing, landing only a low-power leg kick. - GSP landed 10-of-18...
  18. Abu Dhabi Stadium Picture
  19. Just watched the Yushin Okami fight
    And that dude looked insane! I have never seen Yushin Okami look so crisp in his stand up. He completely dominated Lucio Linhares. This definitely gives Okami a breath of fresh air in the...
  20. Of all the champs, I am indifferent on A. Silva.
    I truly believe its just cuz of the fact that he doesnt speak English. I dont dislike him, I enjoy his fights, but if he falls to Demian, I dont care. Where do I get this personal conclusion? The...
  21. Murilo Bustamante back to the UFC?
    So, I was watching the UFC Q&A from last weekend, which featured Renzo Gracie as the guest. He mentioned that he was assisting a former UFC fighter to sign a contract with the UFC. He mentioned that...
  22. Cro Cop vs. Barry Thoughts
    I know its a ways away, but Im not quite sure what to make of this fight. I honestly feel that Cro Cop might be coming to the end of his career, unfortunately. Im a fan of Cro Cops and I hope he can...
  23. Fitch vs Alves to happen in Vancouver!
    I think they knew the fans really wanted to see this, so I'm glad they're making it happen.
  24. Demarcus jhonson or DaMarques Johnson?
    Which way is it spelled? On this site and one other I have found it as Demarcus jhonson but then on UFC.com and Sherdog it is DaMarques Johnson. I guess its not a big deal, I just couldn't stop...
  25. The Secret To Anderson Silva's Success
    The shirt says it all: Strong Is He With The Force. From the 112 open workouts. I need to get one of those (they're on Amazon for $15).
  26. ufc 112 predictions kotn??fotn??sotn??
    another pay per view this weekend, very intrigued with the outdoor look good card double title is always a plus fight of the night etim vs dos anjos sub of the night penn over edgar knock out silva...
  27. Time for a Pride Re-Match
    Now first and foremost, I think Nog takes this fight all day long... I also dont want to discredit Nog, Who is still a Top Ten HW, by giving him someone not even in the top 15 HW. But given all the...
  28. UFC Hall of Fame
    Not that any of these guys will ever be a legit threat in the UFC again. But which HOF'er (Other then Couture and Liddell of course) do you think is most likely to find himself with another fight in...
  29. Dana Pre-112 Interview Notes
    Some notes from Yahoo on an interview Dana did ahead of 112: He says they're going to Afghanistan for a show. White said he’s still not sure if he can work out the logistics to put a show on...
  30. Chuck "The Waxman" Liddell Coming In May
    Yes, he's going to become one of those wax statues. The legendary Madame Tussauds museum has chosen Ultimate Fighting Championship legend Chuck Liddell as the first mixed-martial-arts personality to...
  31. Countdown to UFC 112
    Just a reminder. Countdown to UFC 112 airs late tonight at 12:00 A.M. ET. Should be on just in time to watch after Bellator. For those who miss it, replays are at 11:00 P.M. ET April 9th, 12:00 A.M....
  32. UFC 112 in depth preview
    I agree with most picks except I believe Davis will beat Gustafsson, and Munoz will handle Grove: UFC 112 preview
  33. shogun/machida?
    i know its a ways away but whats the playgrounds thoughts on the rematch? i was thinking hard about it today and realized that i will be severely pissed off if its another fight like the last one....
  34. ufc 112 arena?
    is the concert arena where ufc 112 is going to be held going to be took down after the event?just a was watching a interview about the arena and they where saying it only took 20 days to build and...
  35. 2 Title fights @ UFC 112 and I dont care
    Let me be clear.. I care and Ill watch it, but I am not gung ho. Frankly, I am watching it for the 3 main fights and I think they are all land slides. Though I hope for some upsets, as I like Maia...
  36. Paul Taylor drops out
    Just caught this over on cagepotato while i was browsing around my usual mma websites for news: Just hours before the curtains are set to come up on the UFC’s debut show in the United Arab Emirates,...
  37. a new bad trend starting to happen for the ufc!!
    I can not believe why the ufc can't have one fighter for each Weight class on standby in case of a fighter drops out With paul taylor out. That is now 3 in a row for pay per view cards Ufc 110. Elvis...
  38. Anderson Silva
    Does anyone else think his behaviour is completely disgraceful? I don't really have any other words to describe it. It's just completely disgraceful, I would be embarrassed by my actions if I were...
    Pages: 2 3
  39. sucks
    any one also pissed off with all 3 major fights? what a waste of money for this PPV
  40. Who's next for Frankie Edgar? Quick Poll
    Quick poll... sorry to spoil, i'm from Britain and a lot gets spoilt for me, its only one event...
  41. Will prelims be on spike?
    Just wondering if Spike is showing the prelims.
  42. Edgar-Penn Fight Metric
    Don't know how much to look into this... but kind of along what I was thinking. Good fight either way. Edgar-Penn Fight Metric
    Pages: 2
  43. Jon Gunderson is getting his full purse
    link Jon Gunderson is getting his full purse from the Ultimate Fighting Championship despite his UFC 112 fight being cancelled at almost literally the last minute. Gunderson was on the bus taking...
  44. Demian Maia says he was “sworn at and disrespected” during his middleweight title fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 112
    link Demian Maia says he was “sworn at and disrespected” during his middleweight title fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 112. The five-round affair saw Anderson dance around Maia making antic...
  45. how did you score Penn vs Edgar
    i havent seen the fight yet iv seen the stats and they favor Penn and sherdog are shocked he lost but mmajunkie say edgar desearved it
  46. Vitor Belfort Vs Anderson Silva
    after Silva's performance last night does anyone else agree with me that Vitor Belfort has a real legit chance to knock Silva off?
  47. Mr. Wonderful!!!!!
    In his second trip inside the octagon Phil "Mr Wonderful" Davis was nothing short of it! He moved on to 6-0 in his pro MMA career. This guy has superior wrestling and looks to be improving his subs ....
  48. edgar and silva's title defenses
    Let's me honest neither of these guys are gonna sell a Pay per view. But I seriously think the ufc is gonna have to put Some names or big co main event with these guys I do think they both will...
  49. Frank Mir talks loss to Carwin and his future in the UFC
    Link Frank Mir talks about what went wrong in his fight with Shane Carwin.
  50. Translation and explaination of Silva's comments to Maia during the fight
    link "Bate na minha cara playboy" (“Come on, hit me in the face playboy.") In Brazilian terms, a playboy is a hedonist rich kid, the product of a pampered upbringing who cares little for the poor...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169