UFC Forum

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum
Forum for discussing Ultimate Fighting Championship happenings.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Policy on Posting Links to PPV Streams. Please Read.
    After a long discussion, we have decided to change the rules about posting links to ppv event streams. Starting now, posting links to ppv event streams on the forums is not allowed. We have decided...
  2. Why MMA has Become So Popular?
    Why MMA Pound For Pound Has Become Popular A good article that puts out the important factors about mma's popularity and the pound for pound ranking.
  3. The UFC most shocking moment 2009 vote 6
    The next 5 are: 1. Luiz Cane v Antonio Noguiera The long awaited debut of Little Nog did not dissapoint. Was it shocking that he won? No, we all no what a great fighter he is, but to win in such...
  4. Brock Lesnar would be smart to give up the belt
    I think it would be in Brock's OWN best interest to drop the belt at this point. Lets say he is out for 6 more months. That means he will have been out sick with NO training for 6-8 months straight....
  5. The Final: The Playgrounds most shocking UFC moment 2009.
    We now have are final as voted for by the educated fans of The MMA Playground. 1. Josh Koshcheck v Paulo Thiago I was live at this event and seeing the unknown Thiago KO Koshcheck was absolutely...
  6. UFC 108 Bonus Predictions
    Mine are: KO: JDS over Yvel Sub: McLovin over Daley Fight: Pyle vs Ellenberger Thoughts?
  7. 7 fighters cut in last month
    The UFC has released Kevin Burns, Edgar Garcia, and Shane Nelson following losses at UFC 107. In addition, Darrill Schoonover was released following his loss at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale. Also,...
  8. Koscheck vs. Thiago II
    We have all seen upsets involving UFC newcomers: JDS over Werdum Reljic over Gouveia Alexander over Jardine Lauzon over Pulver Day over Belcher Thiago over Kos This usually happens because unknown...
  9. UFC fight Nights on VERSUS?
    I think the UFC is going to get very poor taings having those fight nights on vs. I have direct tv wich no longer carries vs; it sucks enough to miss the wec's, but now I am going to miss some good...
  10. Kimbo Interview 1 week after Houston
    Kimbo dissects his progress thus far from the streets to the cage, and reveals where he learned his highlight-reel second-round suplex, how he really felt about his American Top Team training, why...
  11. Avatar Bets 108
    Wouldn't mind taking Daley and as an emergency back up if nobody wants Hazelett. I wouldn't mind having Thiago...
  12. Lauzon Bros Prep for UFC Bouts Side By Side
    sherdog Brothers Joe and Danny are both slated to fight in separate lightweight bouts at UFC 108 on Jan. 2 in Las Vegas, which will be the first time siblings have appeared in the Octagon on the...
  13. Diego Sanchez accepts award drunk!
    Link
  14. UFC 108 Weigh-Ins Results-Cursed! One Fighter Misses
    The weigh-ins for tomorrow's UFC 108 are coming up in a few minutes-the first fighter is scheduled to hit the scales at 7 PM ET. Live streaming via the usual outlets. Results: Paul Daley has missed...
  15. Is the UFC 108 Prelims 1 hour show being shown Live in the UK?
    It isnt showing on the Sky planner on ESPN. Does anyone know if this show will be shown live in the UK like normal?
  16. Dana: "Nobodies going to be cut tonight..."
    Dana said it in the post fight press conference. Heres to hoping that he keeps his word. Ryan Jensen may have dodged a bullet...
  17. ufc hot bouts picks
    you guys need to come up with a rule or dead line for it when i printed out the fight companion in the morning it was jake vs mike for it now i come to see it was changed again a deadline time on sat...
  18. New Camera Men!!
    As i was watching UFC 108 yesterday, I noticed that when the cameras were on someone in the crowd they stayed focus on that person for way too long. From what I can remember they were on Urijah Faber...
  19. Rampage Jackson Vs Rashad Evans
    so it looks like it will happen (especially since Lyoto is gonna fight Shogun at 111 and imo Rashad is definetly not in title contention after one win), what are the predictions if this fight...
    Pages: 2
  20. Showboating doesnt win fights!
    Did Thiago Silvas 3rd round antics cost him the fight? I was suprised Thiago didnt know he was behind on the cards and press the action more when he had Evans hurt. Maybe he was tired and thats why...
  21. UFC 111 Poster Up
    Is it me or do GSP & Mir look like zombies in this shot?
  22. UFN Bonus predictions
    This week im liking: FOTN- Sadollah vs Blackburn SOTN- Story over Lennox KOTN- Simpson over Lawlor Thoughts?
  23. Winner of Randy/Coleman gets...
    After coming off a closely contested decision win over Brandon Vera in his return to the light heavyweight division, Randy Couture looks to meet fellow UFC hall of fame inductee Mark 'The Hammer'...
  24. UFC 110 Poster Up
    No Elvis? (Sinosic) I know, virtually no chance that happened but given the event's in Australia it would've been good for the locals.
  25. ufc 108 afterthoughts
    I figured i would blog a little about my thoughts after the weekends event. First and foremost,I did order this PPV and was very happy with my purchase! Though I still must admit that 108 seems more...
  26. drysdale on TUF 11?
    heard something about this thru the grapevine wanted to know if anyone knows anything about it.
  27. UFN 20 picks!
    Matchups: Gray Maynard (No. 6 LW) vs. Nate Diaz Efrain Escudero vs. Evan Dunham Aaron Simpson vs. Tom Lawlor Amir Sadollah vs. Brad Blackburn Chris Leben vs. Jay Silva Rick Story vs. Jesse Lennox...
  28. Amir is only a BJJ white belt?
    I just read that Amir Sadollah is only a BJJ white belt. Can anyone confirm this? Sources appreciated... Holla for Sadollah!
  29. UFN 20 - Weigh Ins
    Everyone made weight. Fights are on as scheduled.
  30. Takanori "The Fireball Kid" Gomi
    Am I the only person Exicted about the signing of this guy? I think hes a very dynamic fighter who brings a lot of excitement to the lightweight division....
  31. UFC FN ON LINE free???
    anyone know where I can watch Fight Night on line for free? No spike. -joe
  32. Sam Stout
    Rumors are his next fight is against Jeremy Stephens?? This I do not understand, Stout just battered Joe Lauzon..Lauzon beat Stephens. This makes no sense to me. Stout just beat a big name and now he...
  33. Abu Dhabi now owns 10% of UFC.
    Will this lead to contracted fighters being allowed to comp[ete in the ADCC tourny, and who would you like to see in it?
  34. Dana White Interview (Lesnar, Abu Dhabi, Edgar/Penn, more...)
    This is a really good interview. And...*gasp*...Dana doesn't unleash a single curse word in the entire 11+ minute interview! LINK
  35. pat cote
    im sure you all have heard that patrick cote is coming back. what do you all think, is he going to make a big impact or not?
  36. Penn needs more compition
    BJ has basicly walked through the 155 pounders they need to look else where and try to get better fighter for him. I do not see him losing to anybody at 155 in the UFC he has already beat Gomi. I...
  37. Nate Diaz blames Joe Rogan for loss
    "They were leading fans to believe I lost the fight," was the statement made in a recent video posted by UFC lightweight rising contender Nate Diaz, who came out on the losing end of a close split...
  38. David Loiseau will give 100% of his purse to Haiti
    I was on the UFC website and I noticed this on those three twitter accounts of fighters, and David Loiseau's was : "Trying to get a hold of the UFC. Im willing to fight and and give 100% of my purse...
  39. My UFC title predictions
    This isn't a list of who I think will be champion at the end of the year or anything, it's more of my predictions of things to come in the future of each championship in each division. Some stuff I...
  40. Rampaged Sentenced for July 15th 'rampage' in newport
    Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson can breathe a little bit easier today, after an Orange County judge struck down his felony conviction of evading police for the...
  41. Forrest vs Lil Nog
    Link This kind of stinks...I like both these guys....and I think this is most likely a loss for Forrest and could quite possibly knock him out of the title picture permanently.... The fight makes...
  42. Thiago Silva
    I thoght Thiago was going to make some noise in the UFC, but he has face 2 of the 205's best and got beat pretty bad. He beat Jardine, but I dont concider him the top of the ufc. Who will they put...
  43. If Sanchez cut Penn open in the fifth round, would the fight still have been stopped?
    If the situation had been reversed, do you think the fight would been stopped or would it have continued for another two minutes and a half? Penn won each round comfortably and was on his way to...
  44. FAO UK Fight Fans
    Ive just noticed on Sunday 24 January at 10 pm there is a 3 hour special. UFC Best of 2009. It also says free view next to it, so Im assuming even if you are not an ESPN customer you will still be...
  45. JDS thoughts of UFC 111- Carwin didn't dig it?
    “It will be a good fight, even though Rodrigo should be fighting for the interim belt,” he said. “Mir just battled it out with Brock Lesnar, and Couture also has much more of a name then Cheick...
  46. Elvis Sinosic vs Chris Haseman
    I was just looking at Sinosic's record on Sherdog and saw that this fight is actually a rematch of a fight the had early in Elvis' career in Australia. But the result of the fight was a Submission...
  47. LESNAR on ESPN (updates)
    - The interview opens with Lesnar recapping his illness. Says he was first diagnosed with mononucleosis as previously reported, which forced him to withdraw from his November matchup with Shane...
  48. Coleman vs Couture?
    I'm having a real hard time picking who's going to win this fight. Here's how I see it. Power & Strength: Coleman Speed & footwork: Couture Wrestling: Coleman BJJ: Randy(hes competed in tournaments...
  49. Ross Pearson vs Denis Siver ufc 112
    Ross Pearson is fighting Denis Silver at ufc 112 according to fighters only,Siver was ment to be fighting Terry Etim.Terry Etim is now fighting Rafael Dos Anjos also at ufc 112.
  50. Ben Saunders happy with jiu-jitsu brown belt but still focused on MMA career
    An airline ticket to the mat spelled success for UFC welterweight Ben Saunders (8-1-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC). Saunders, 26, received a long-delayed brown belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu from coach Ricardo Liborio...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169