Will Zuffa's WEC Gamble Pay Off This Weekend?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Will Zuffa's WEC Gamble Pay Off This Weekend?
POLL: Are you buying WEC 48?
Yes 14% (2)
No 86% (12)
runningman08
4/21/10 11:07:07AM
It's not easy to get people to pay for something that used to be free. Ask any airline that recently started charging for checked luggage – it's the kind of thing that brings out the angry mob in consumers who already feel like they're one more fee or rate hike away from reaching for the torches and pitchforks.

But risks be damned, this Saturday UFC president Dana White is going to give it a shot with the first ever WEC pay-per-view event. After airing regularly on Versus (and yes, I know cable isn't free, but you're going to pay for it anyway because you'd rather die than miss an episode of "Cats 101" on Animal Planet) for the last three years, now Zuffa wants you to pay for the privilege of seeing their little guys duke it out.

The forty-five dollar question is, are you going to do it?

Full Article -Here-
Jackelope
4/21/10 11:10:09AM
It's definitely going to be a great event. I'd say the 45 bucks you'd spend on WEC is going to be worth much more than the 50 you spent on the last sideshow.
runningman08
4/21/10 11:22:38AM

Posted by Jackelope

It's definitely going to be a great event. I'd say the 45 bucks you'd spend on WEC is going to be worth much more than the 50 you spent on the last sideshow.

This card is stacked. All great fights. The only thing that worries me is since this will be their first WEC PPV and everyone is use to just getting them on the VS channel; i wonder how many will actually buy it. Some might not buy it just to protest the move and if they dont have enough buys then they might just keep it on VS. I also see dana giving us some free shows here soon since the last event was like you said a sideshow.
prozacnation1978
4/21/10 12:21:45PM
I know I said I wouldn't shell out 50. But I am creeping
Toward getting it since I have the extra cash
Plus 2 spike tv ones