The Zuffa UFC/WEC Event Mill

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The Zuffa UFC/WEC Event Mill
MMAcca
2/9/09 1:12:18AM
Zuffa, LLC. has just completed a string of four consecutive weeks where they put on a ten fight card (Zuffa, LLC. is the parent company of both the UFC and the WEC). That’s forty fights in four weeks folks. Each fight takes two combatants, so that’s eighty fighters. They take a week off for Valentine’s, then they have another three week stretch with events every week. Two of those cards have eleven fights scheduled, and one has ten.* That’s a further thirty-two fights, and sixty-four fighters.

LINK

WheelchairBandit
2/9/09 1:51:26AM

Posted by MMAcca They take a week off for Valentine’s, then they have another three week stretch with events every week.

They don't have a card the week of the 28th.

WB.
Aether
2/9/09 8:02:32AM

Posted by WheelchairBandit

Posted by MMAcca They take a week off for Valentine’s, then they have another three week stretch with events every week.

They don't have a card the week of the 28th.

WB.

WEC 39 - Sunday, March 1st.
postman
2/9/09 9:41:30AM
I love it too. I hope this is there way of testing the waters of putting more free events on. Guaging the fans intreste after so much air time. I won't miss any but I'm a freak. Come on america jump on.
ThePlague
2/9/09 11:16:39AM
putting on all these shows, especially the free ones will really pay off for them. When MMA first caught my eye, having the various shows on Spike played a big part in making me such a zealot for this sport.
lohmann
2/9/09 11:43:25AM
It's great, although with two UFCs and an Affliction card in January on PPV I had to call and beg Bright House to bump my credit limit so that I could get 94.

Zuffa really is giving tons of fun to their fans, but hopefully they calm down before I can no longer afford every card they put up.
ThePlague
2/9/09 11:57:53AM

Posted by lohmann

It's great, although with two UFCs and an Affliction card in January on PPV I had to call and beg Bright House to bump my credit limit so that I could get 94.

Zuffa really is giving tons of fun to their fans, but hopefully they calm down before I can no longer afford every card they put up.

Try hitting up a local sportsbar for the smaller ones like UFC 93. I go to one for every show for a cover charge of $5 and I have more fun than seeing it it my house due to the big enthusiastic crowd.
WheelchairBandit
2/9/09 5:43:33PM

WEC 39 - Sunday, March 1st.

I stand corrected.

WB.
casey64
2/9/09 5:55:44PM
You can tell the UFC/WEC, and MMA it's self is growing with week after week shows, I think it's awesome.
higdon10
2/9/09 6:28:07PM
Nothing wrong with fights every week.