Zuffa takes down illegal site, going after users for the first time

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Zuffa takes down illegal site, going after users for the first time
emfleek
3/14/12 11:50:51AM
As part of the on-going initiative against online piracy, Zuffa LLC, the parent company of the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organization, was successful in taking down and seizing the records of www.greenfeedz.com, a website which illegally streamed a dozen UFC Pay-Per-View events.

The records detail the email addresses, user names, number of events users illegally streamed and the IP addresses of all users who registered to watch pirated UFC events. The website had illegally streamed all UFC PPVs from UFC 130 to UFC 142, and the user records date back to May 28, 2011.

LINK
grappler0000
3/14/12 12:45:06PM
Bad move for Zuffa to go after individuals IMO. It didn't do the RIAA any favors and I thought they had realized that. Shutting down groups making money off you is one thing, but singling out young adults without much money or struggling college students will not do you any favors in the long run. I just hope they realize that once they go down that road, it's a sigma that is tough to shake.
Chael_Sonnen
3/14/12 12:49:20PM

Posted by grappler0000

Bad move for Zuffa to go after individuals IMO. It didn't do the RIAA any favors and I thought they had realized that. Shutting down groups making money off you is one thing, but singling out young adults without much money or struggling college students will not do you any favors in the long run. I just hope they realize that once they go down that road, it's a sigma that is tough to shake.

If I have to pay, why shouldn't these d-bags? If the PPV's are too expensive, then the adults without much money & struggling college students should either get more friends to chip in or find something else to do, like beer pong, or going to poetry readings.
Bubbles
3/14/12 1:00:47PM
are they going after everyone who went to the site to stream or just the site hosts? If it's the former, good luck getting any type of significant monetary punishment
mrsmiley
3/14/12 1:41:13PM
Why didn't I know of this website?
jjeans
3/14/12 2:41:13PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

or going to poetry readings.

Hey man, those are expensive
postman
3/14/12 2:48:59PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by grappler0000

If I have to pay, why shouldn't these d-bags? If the PPV's are too expensive, then the adults without much money & struggling college students should either get more friends to chip in or find something else to do, like beer pong, or going to poetry readings.

Why don't you shut your mouth and go make a few more "Real Estate" Deals! You money laundering scum bag.
grappler0000
3/14/12 3:11:25PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by grappler0000

Since you read nothing I wrote before responding...nobody said they shouldn't pay. Nobody said that Zuffa doesn't have the right to do this. In the best interest of the business, they SHOULDN'T.

On a side note, how does it make u feel to pay $50, when Zuffa feels the fine folks in Brazil shouldn't have to?
Chael_Sonnen
3/14/12 3:16:02PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by grappler0000

Since you read nothing I wrote before responding...nobody said they shouldn't pay. Nobody said that Zuffa doesn't have the right to do this. In the best interest of the business, they SHOULDN'T.

On a side note, how does it make u feel to pay $50, when Zuffa feels the fine folks in Brazil shouldn't have to?

Your side note.....

Hey, nothing wrong with giving some charity to a starving nation.
bjj1605
3/14/12 5:20:10PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Your side note.....

Brazil is the largest economy in South America and one of the fastest growing economies world wide.

The BRIC nations (ie. the nations of the future) are Brazil, Russia, India, and China.

Not a starving nation.
grappler0000
3/14/12 5:22:25PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by grappler0000

Your side note.....

The sixth largest and possibly the fastest growing economy on the planet, but I know what you're sayin'.