Now that Zuffa owns the IFL....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Now that Zuffa owns the IFL....
POLL: IFL to the UFC who's your number one draft pick
Chris Horodecki. 155lbs 30% (10)
Vlad Matyushenko. HW 36% (12)
Matt Horwich. 185 3% (1)
Ryan Schultz. 155 6% (2)
Tim Kennedy 185 3% (1)
Roy Nelson HW 21% (7)
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/25/08 9:42:18PM
Here's some thoughts.

The UFC should sign to fight in the UFC:Chris Horodecki, Ryan Schultz at 155.
Roy Nelson and Vlad Matyushenko at HW and Matt Horwich at 185.
These 5 for sure.

Maybe also bring in Tim Kennedy at 185, Deividas taurosevicius,
Bart Palaszewski at 155.
Alexandre Ferreira at 205

as far as the WEC LC Davis and Wagnney Fabiano at 145 for sure no question
Future Faber opponents.

and I'd also add Ryan Mcgivern, Jake Ellenberger, Benji Radach at 185 if the WEC keeps that weight if not these 3 are out of jobs.

John Gunderson,Pat Healy, Rafeal Dias, at 155
Delson Heleno and Jay Heiron 170 for Condit

19 fighters thats all I don't think that's alot or maybe I was being generous
what are your thoughts

backalley101
7/25/08 9:51:53PM
Zuffa bought the IFL. Not too big of a surprise. They're buying all these small orgs and hand-picking all the good fighters. That's business. And next, they are going to take over the world and hold the world hostage for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!
missypie
7/25/08 10:07:08PM
After the Millers, Blackburn, Markham, Krzysztof Soszynski (TUF), Andre Gusmao, Chris Wilson and Reese Andy

#1 Wagnney Fabiano for FW in the WEC. Instant #1 contender.
#2 Ryan Schultz
#3 Jay Hieron
#4 Chris Horodecki (possibly WEC)
#5 Deividas Taurosevicius
#6 Antonio McKee (like his style or not)
#7 Tim Kennedy

Fringe: Matt Horwich, Bart Palaszewski, Delson Heleno, Benji Radach
Mchubb316
7/25/08 10:13:13PM

Posted by missypie

After the Millers, Blackburn, Markham, Krzysztof Soszynski (TUF), Andre Gusmao, Chris Wilson and Reese Andy

#2 Ryan Schultz
#3 Jay Hieron
#7 Tim Kennedy

No Matuyshenko? Why leave him off.
Twenty20Dollars
7/25/08 10:16:11PM
I think i would take Jay Hieron, and put horodecki in WEC.
copcopps
7/25/08 10:28:33PM
Chris is my pick but I think the UFC bigwigs would bring back the Janitor
seanfu
7/25/08 10:52:25PM
I don't think Chris Horodecki would be very good in a cage. I think we would see a couple underwhelming decisions and he would get dominated by grapplers and that cage. Huerta vs Horodecki (regardless of eithers next fight results) would be a perfect fit. Makings of a great fight.

Heiron (think I spelled it right, is a guy who could be a top contender.

Most of the IFL guys would probably wash out except fot MW/ HW. Just my thoughts.
Mayhem13
7/25/08 11:23:18PM
Horodecki is signing with the AFL I heard.

Shultz is in the Sengoku tourny....

so my vote goes to Nelson closely followed be Heiron
missypie
7/26/08 12:40:17AM

Posted by Mchubb316

Posted by missypie

#2 Ryan Schultz
#3 Jay Hieron
#7 Tim Kennedy

No Matuyshenko? Why leave him off.

Overlooked him. He clearly belongs in the UFC, good catch
The only one I purposely left off was Roy Nelson because he talked badly about the UFC on Inside MMA.
jae_1833
7/26/08 3:52:43AM
Vlad...at LHW!
Khaos
7/26/08 11:20:47AM
Vlad, HW or LHW, in LHW he could be a top contender, hell, he could be HW champ in the UFC's lackluster HW division.
Jipper
7/27/08 6:41:08PM
Not picking on your pole, just my thoughts on things.

Horodecki is too small for LW. Though the UFC has many FW's (Franca, Griffin, Gamburyan, Edgar) in their LW division, Horodecki would get killed. He's better suited for the WEC FW division where his striking may have a little more pop on the smaller fighter. Horodecki v Pulver would be interesting.

Matyushenko 1st off is a LHW. I'll assume that was a typo. He's good and could hang with the UFC LHW's but is 37 I think. Still has some good UFC match-ups, could also hold the WEC LHW belt if he goes that way.

Horwich is a journeyman who would get slaughtered in the UFC.

I don't think Schultz is much of a threat to the UFC's top comp plus he's a rather boring fighter. Still a good fighter and could give WEC's Varner a run for his title.

Kennedy is a quickly rising MW. If and when he commits to training full time he's going to be very dangerous. It'd be good to see him on TUF as the TUF alum always seem to exceed expectation as post TUF or fade into nothing. Those that make it commit themselves fully to the sport. Plus with the lack of TUF comp lately Tim could win LHW or MW rather easily in most likelihood.

Nelson would be very interesting. He's not cut from the UFC mold but he's very marketable. Plus He'd immediately be a top 10 contender in their weakest division and he's constantly improving. He'll be dangerous is slightly better shape and with a good training camp.

Their are also many young guys like Miletich's boys, The Miller Broths., Gusmao and several other that never reached their full potential in the IFL. Luckily most of them have already been signed by the UFC. Fabiano would tear up the WEC FW division and with his slick subs he might be able to tap Uriah.
mrsmiley
7/27/08 10:28:24PM
Drop Goldberg,hire Bas as UFC commentator.
mk1630
7/28/08 1:46:10AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Haha i said the same thing to my brother during Dream 5. Props
mrsmiley
7/28/08 9:35:53AM

Posted by mk1630

Posted by mrsmiley

Haha i said the same thing to my brother during Dream 5. Props

Thanks
pv3Hpv3p
7/28/08 11:39:13AM
I like some of the fighers from the IFL... I think Horodecki's too young and should spend a little time in the WEC to hone his skills (would have really liked to see the Gomi fight though)

Vlad's had his chance in the UFC, but fought at HW... Unfortunatley while the move to LHW really helped out his career.. he's stepping into one of the most stacked divisions on the planet, and IMO there's just too much talent there already... Could be some interesting fights, but I don't see him fairing to well agaisnt strikers with good TD def, like Liddell or someone like that...

Roy Nelson, though, I think can make a dent at HW... A lot of people (including myself) count him out because of his body style, but he's really got some skill and the HW div (exept for Nogueria is up for the taking)... Good be a decent addition anyways...

I agree with the later posts though... The biggest thing the UFC picked up, if they could pull it off, is getting Bas in the announcers booth
AchillesHeel
7/28/08 12:17:23PM
Well so far it seems like the best IFL guys aren't staying with the UFC. I'm not sure what good it did to buy the organization if a guy like Ryan Schultz gets away.
tepid55
7/28/08 2:50:20PM
I think Horwich and Heiron could do well in the UFC.