Zombieland

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Zombieland
Rush
10/2/09 11:01:09AM
Some of you must be stoked to see this film. I'll admit, it didn't excite me through its adverts, but when I read some reviews on it and the descriptions of the film, it sounds like an instant cult classic. Serious but funny.
Wallass
10/2/09 11:03:38AM
This is great news, it's my birthday and I was looking for something to do outside of going to a bar. Ive wanted to see this since I saw the advertisement and seems like its actually good.
cowcatcher
10/2/09 11:05:44AM
i love me some zombie movies and this one looks like it tries to be funny whereas most just end up being funny without trying. im looking forward to seeing it, but ill probably wait until it comes out on video.
emfleek
10/2/09 11:15:40AM
Meh...it won't break my heart to miss out on it but if I hear it's super funny, I may break down and rent it (RedBox) one night.
Truth
10/2/09 11:18:37AM
Im really not a movie buff, or much of a zombie fan either honestly. But I saw this last night with my girl 12:01am showing and it was HEEEEEEEELarious. I was very impressed
Wolfenstein
10/2/09 12:57:57PM
Woody Harrelson....zombies...I'm sold! Looks awesome, the US version of Shaun of the dead.
Truth
10/2/09 1:14:45PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

the US version of Shaun of the dead.

Same movie,much larger budget,better cast..Humorous twists
Hendo67
10/4/09 8:31:19PM
I must say, i went in thinking it would be brutal...i was surprised, i laughed quite a bit, very funny and some sweet deaths, haha
Drudinh
11/11/09 2:37:26AM
I loved it
bojangalz
1/11/10 5:00:20AM
So I'm trying to make a little extra coin tonight filling in on a graveyard shift for the local Police Department and I figure what better way to kill time then catch a flick on the internet. (Hey, I pay taxes in this town too damnit so it's my tax-payers money hard at work too!) Anyhoo, I decided on Zombieland and damnit was I entertained. That's all I really ask for in a movie is a bit of entertainment and this flick delivered in spades.

Brain didn't hurt from the plot, laughed out loud on more then one occasion, and passed through a solid chunk of the shift without a problem.

Bill Murrey's cameo was solid as well.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/11/10 9:50:23AM

Posted by bojangalz

So I'm trying to make a little extra coin tonight filling in on a graveyard shift for the local Police Department and I figure what better way to kill time then catch a flick on the internet. (Hey, I pay taxes in this town too damnit so it's my tax-payers money hard at work too!) Anyhoo, I decided on Zombieland and damnit was I entertained. That's all I really ask for in a movie is a bit of entertainment and this flick delivered in spades.

Brain didn't hurt from the plot, laughed out loud on more then one occasion, and passed through a solid chunk of the shift without a problem.

Bill Murrey's cameo was solid as well.

' Oh my god Bill F*cking Murray, I mean i know thats not your middle name'
his cameo is very solid indeed lol, and the huge gasp of air when he dies is just awesome lol
marcoDGK
1/11/10 1:57:22PM
One of my favorites right after I saw it. sooo good! Emma stone gaah so hot!

so funny! best camio ever.
State_Champ
1/18/10 1:52:18PM
I liked almost everything about this movie....but I cannot/could not stand Jesse Eisenberg. I really didn't like the narration or him very much in this film.
However, that wasn't enough to ruin the film for me. It was sweet.
cowcatcher
1/18/10 3:17:22PM

Posted by State_Champ

I liked almost everything about this movie....but I cannot/could not stand Jesse Eisenberg. I really didn't like the narration or him very much in this film.
However, that wasn't enough to ruin the film for me. It was sweet.

i just saw the movie and really liked it a lot, but i was thinking the same thing. hes basically a poor mans michael cera, and the cera only has one character he can play. the movie was still really good thought and that was one of the greatest cameos of all time.
Kpro
2/3/10 1:21:22AM
The movie came out today so i went and picked it up. Hilarious flick; It's a movie I can watch over and over again.

The trailer for his next movie looks just as hilarious. I'm not sure if it was on the previews in the theater, but it's on the previews on the DVD.

Check it out, it's for a movie called "Defendor" where he plays a semi-super-hero with sanity issues.

DEFENDOR TRAILER
RhythmAndStyle
2/4/10 4:47:47PM
hmm..i'mma a late on this movie..when i saw the trailer i wanted to see it..but than my homies shot down that idea and so did some of the reviews that came out with it..but now..i might just go rent it..since some of you guys are sayin it's pretty good..i'll give it a try..thanks for the reviews...
RyanC
2/4/10 5:25:55PM
It's sitting on my coffee table right now. Plan on watching it in the next few days. I'll let y'all know what I think. I thought it looked rather amusing in the previews. Not quite sure what to expect since I really don't know what the general plot is supposed to be about other than zombies.
warglory
2/4/10 5:41:24PM

Posted by RyanC

It's sitting on my coffee table right now. Plan on watching it in the next few days. I'll let y'all know what I think. I thought it looked rather amusing in the previews. Not quite sure what to expect since I really don't know what the general plot is supposed to be about other than zombies.

It's not so much about the zombies but rather the do's and don'ts of surviving a zombie holocaust as told by the main characters, and of course, the hijinx that ensues as certain survival laws are violated.
RyanC
2/4/10 5:57:52PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by RyanC

It's not so much about the zombies but rather the do's and don'ts of surviving a zombie holocaust as told by the main characters, and of course, the hijinx that ensues as certain survival laws are violated.

Sounds fantastic. I think I'm going to enjoy this.