Zelg Galesic

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Zelg Galesic
wkm311
3/7/07 6:19:32PM
This is a guy who the UFC really needs to pick up. Sick stand-up, decent subs, and he is a young fighter who would add to a thin middleweight division. He is currently fighting in Cage Rage at the moment, but I think the UFC will pick him up and if they dont then they are missing out on a exciting, youthful fighter. What do you guys think, is he ready for the big show, or not?
cowcatcher
3/7/07 6:23:44PM
the guys a good fighter and would be a great addition to a pretty weak division, i'd like to see this happen plus hes croatian
Stickan
3/7/07 7:08:24PM
He's been picked up by Pride, hasn't he?

And I don't know about UFC´s MW division being thin.

Silva
Franklin
Marquardt
Swick
Okami
Kampmann
MacDonald
Terry Martin
Lister

I think it's pretty okay.
wkm311
3/7/07 7:51:26PM
I didnt know he was picked up by Pride, thats news to me, UFC should have picked him up...
hippysmacker
3/7/07 9:36:48PM

Posted by Stickan

He's been picked up by Pride, hasn't he?

And I don't know about UFC´s MW division being thin.

Silva
Franklin
Marquardt
Swick
Okami
Kampmann
MacDonald
Terry Martin
Lister

I think it's pretty okay.

Yes he signed with pride for 5 fights
madmarck
3/7/07 9:43:34PM
sweet Zelg is gonna be in Pride. And the UFC MW divsion is basically the best in the world in comparison to others.
How can you say the UFC MW divison is weak? It is clearly their 2nd strongest divison.
ffforgottenx
3/8/07 8:30:51AM
maybe/hopefully we will see him on the card in japan on april 8th..
maybe even vs cung le, like had been rumored before.. that would be a good fight
madmarck
3/8/07 9:06:22AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

maybe/hopefully we will see him on the card in japan on april 8th..
maybe even vs cung le, like had been rumored before.. that would be a good fight

I doubt we will see that since Cung Le has been fighting with Strikeforce for the his MMA career. It seems like they are givign him Cannon Fodder for oppoents to. Since he has such a big fanbase as long as he is winning it will keep growing. I think it would be too much of a risk for Strikeforce to allow Cung to fight in Pride.
hippysmacker
3/16/07 10:27:54AM
He's fighting Takimoto at Pride 34 now.
cowcatcher
3/16/07 10:33:50AM
should be awesome, im excited to see lil CC in the pride ring
wkm311
3/16/07 11:40:24AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Ive never understood why people call him lil CC, the only thing he has in common with Filipovic is his nationality.

But anyway, I cant wait to see him fight in Pride, though I wish it could have been the UFC that picked him up...
pv3Hpv3p
3/16/07 1:30:00PM

Posted by wkm311

Posted by cowcatcher

Ive never understood why people call him lil CC, the only thing he has in common with Filipovic is his nationality.

But anyway, I cant wait to see him fight in Pride, though I wish it could have been the UFC that picked him up...

They trained together, I believe and when I watch him fight he does seem to have a little of Mirko's style in the standup...

Not as much the actual striking, but his posture and body position seem to resemble CC... Or maybe they're just trying to give the kid a compliment, considering Mirko is the best fighter to come out of Croatia (no offense meant to Pat)
cowcatcher
3/16/07 1:31:33PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by wkm311

Posted by cowcatcher

They trained together, I believe and when I watch him fight he does seem to have a little of Mirko's style in the standup...

Not as much the actual striking, but his posture and body position seem to resemble CC... Or maybe they're just trying to give the kid a compliment, considering Mirko is the best fighter to come out of Croatia (no offense meant to Pat)

as a croatian im offended, lol
madmarck
3/16/07 2:00:38PM

Posted by wkm311

Posted by cowcatcher

Its his awesome striking too. thats why they call him Lil Cro Cop. Not really a good nickname.
pv3Hpv3p
3/16/07 2:23:41PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by wkm311

Posted by cowcatcher

as a croatian im offended, lol

My mistake, I'll put you over Zelg on my list until he actually proves himself on the big stage

EDIT:

1. CC
2. Militech
3. Cowcatcher
4. Zelg
wkm311
3/16/07 4:15:46PM
QUOTE]

I didnt know they trained together...Well it makes more sense now, I think its a compliment thing.
madmarck
3/16/07 5:32:30PM

Posted by wkm311

QUOTE]

I didnt know they trained together...Well it makes more sense now, I think its a compliment thing.

Im pretty sure i have never ever heard that they trained toghter.

On a side note. I was just wasting some time watchiing NEXT onMTV. And one of the girls was Croatian. The narrator totally called her the Croatian Sensation. I was pissed Militech should kick her in the eye socket.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/22/07 2:43:48PM
Zelg trained with Mirko. I read it on mmaweekly when he got signed to PRIDE
fedorwins1
3/24/07 11:09:36AM
Zelg's strikes are amazingly fast I just watched a few of his fights. Has anyone noticed tho that he kind of stands up straight when he start to strike and his chin is alittle open. He should make an impact in Pride.