Yves Lavigne

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Yves Lavigne
Rush
8/10/08 8:43:40PM
LOL

Man, a year ago I would have thought about taking crazy pills for saying this, but recently this guy has really stepped up and is doing a good job.

I didn't see Mazz or Herb last night so maybe they have been given some "time off".

Of course Dan comes back and pokes Heath in the eye. Man, that guy cracks me up.
bullettdodger
8/10/08 9:20:37PM
Big props to Yves Lavigne, I really feel as though he has stepped up his game recently.
mrkennedy
8/10/08 9:41:28PM
NOW he is the best refereer in the ufc and maybe in the world BUT if Big John comeback its completely different
Mr_Dead_Sexy
8/10/08 9:50:17PM
I was wondering if they would have had Mazagatti reff-ing the Lesnar fight again. They didn't even have him at the event. But yes, Yves has been very good. Had me worried for a sec during the GSP/Fitch fight, though. Calling for the doc at the end of the fourth worried me for some reason that it was going to be stopped.
miphi1991
8/10/08 10:20:06PM
that was a good call if u ask me. it wasnt like he was freaking demanding that the match be stopped. he was just playing it safe and making sure fitch could continue in a one-sided fight were he was taking a lot of damage. props to yves for the night.
Mr_Dead_Sexy
8/10/08 10:29:56PM
Oh I know. Just usually when the doc gets called upon, especially between rounds, something major is wrong, which leads to stoppage. Had no problem with him calling for the doctor.
miphi1991
8/10/08 10:40:31PM
yeah a stoppage wouldve been a blower. it was good to see both men tested for five rounds. got to c GSP fight to finish and fitch show lotsa heart staying alive
Jackelope
8/10/08 10:44:19PM

Posted by miphi1991

yeah a stoppage wouldve been a blower. it was good to see both men tested for five rounds. got to c GSP fight to finish and fitch show lotsa heart staying alive

and it earned me 11 points
Gipper
8/10/08 11:10:47PM
dude i've always thought ol' yves was second best.
Rush
8/11/08 8:18:00AM

Posted by miphi1991

that was a good call if u ask me. it wasnt like he was freaking demanding that the match be stopped. he was just playing it safe and making sure fitch could continue in a one-sided fight were he was taking a lot of damage. props to yves for the night.

Yeah for sure. He wasn't jumping the gun or anything. Fitch was in pretty rough shape. I mean, how many times do you see a guy almost get knocked out 3 or more times in a fight? Not too often.

Yves also gave lots of time before he stopped the Kongo fight. Man, I hate seeing a guy go out by TKO with seconds left of the fight, but he gave him ample time to defend, which was better than most refs.
ToeZup
8/11/08 9:57:15AM
Good call Rush, Yves Lavigne has done a good job as of late. It's a very tough job and he does it well. We are always giving the refs crap so it's good to see them get some praise once in a while. Props.
Chuteboxer
8/11/08 10:18:33AM
I honestly think Yves is the best ref the UFC has now...
jocka
8/11/08 11:48:32AM
I ve always loved Yves Lavigne since the TKO days :)
MFOTHER
8/11/08 12:05:19PM
i honestly used to hate yves, and would cringe when i saw him reffing fights i had $$ on, but like people have said. he has stepped up his game
Qorvus
8/11/08 12:43:01PM
Yup, the best ref there is right now. Knows when to let the fight go on.
KYGUY07
8/11/08 2:19:34PM
Yves has really stepped it up recently