Yves Edwards Ready for Title Shot, Permanent Move to ATT

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Yves Edwards Ready for Title Shot, Permanent Move to ATT
CornishMMA
2/20/08 8:45:05AM
After a stunning flying knee knockout of Edson Berto (13-5-1) at this past weekend’s EliteXC event, lightweight veteran Yves Edwards (33-13-1) is looking for one thing in his next fight: a shot at gold.

“I want to be the champion,” Edwards said. “I want to have gold… I can’t think of any other guys in (EliteXC), I guess, in my spot right now. I definitely want a shot at (the title). I think I deserve it.“

Edwards has earned title-shot consideration with three straight victories in the last three months. Edwards credits his recent success to his decision to begin training at American Top Team — a decision he made after dropping five of six fights in the previous two years.

LINK
RMFG_187
2/20/08 10:56:03AM
When was the last time we had Yves in title contention. way back in the UFC 30's. This sounds great! that knee the other night, wow. never seen that before. Yves is going to win by way of KO.
wolfman
2/20/08 1:14:57PM
Cool! This is definitely good for Yves and I am happy for him. Also, it is a wise move to stay with ATT.