Yves Edwards vs. Cody Mckenzie

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Yves Edwards vs. Cody Mckenzie
FastKnockout
9/13/11 2:29:32PM
Does anyone know where I can find this fight? I'd like to see Cody's performance against Edwards before I make a final decision on the Mckenzie/Rocha fight.
Twenty20Dollars
9/13/11 4:56:00PM
no luck for me.
tcunningham
9/13/11 5:11:06PM
no guillotine, no win for Mckenzie. hes got heart and a good guillotine, thats about it IMO. i think he needs to switch to a better camp maybe if he hasnt already
Poor_Franklin
9/13/11 5:40:52PM
have you considered reading an old play by play? or only looking for vid? i have had no luck on a vid
KaibaThedon
9/13/11 6:03:18PM
cody was actually in control for most of round 2 and then got sloppy and got his back taken and choked unconscious in like less than 30 seconds.

his defense looked awful.
FastKnockout
9/13/11 6:05:15PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

have you considered reading an old play by play? or only looking for vid? i have had no luck on a vid

I'm probably going to have to settle for a play by play. The video has been removed from all the sites that did have it.
FastKnockout
9/13/11 6:08:13PM

Posted by KaibaThedon

cody was actually in control for most of round 2 and then got sloppy and got his back taken and choked unconscious in like less than 30 seconds.

his defense looked awful.

I heard he was doing pretty well considering almost everyone gave him no chance. Edwards is a skilled veteran though, and Mckenzie was like the sacrificial lamb.
Twenty20Dollars
9/13/11 6:17:04PM
I mean people are saying Cody won't submit Rocha, but I think it's still up in the air as Rocha isn't very experienced yet.

But we'll see...
prophecy033
9/13/11 6:24:10PM
It won FOTN & SOTN so he must have done alright until the sub
FastKnockout
9/13/11 6:26:47PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I mean people are saying Cody won't submit Rocha, but I think it's still up in the air as Rocha isn't very experienced yet.

But we'll see...

Yeah, I'm still not sure who to go with. I mean, when I first heard about Cody on TUF I didn't think he'd be able to catch those guillotines, but he did. He also had an issue with cardio, but from what he's been saying he's stepped it up and takes it seriously now.
IriShame
9/13/11 6:56:29PM
His wrestling is terrible so I would just try to watch as much video on Rocha and see if his takedowns are any good. I haven't seen much of him so I don't know. If they are though it could be a long night for Cody. He's an interesting fighter though due to his unorthodox striking and he's squirrelly as **** in scrambles. If he can shore up his sub and takedown defense he presents an intriguing matchup for most mid tier LW's. Plus he's tough as ****.