Yves Edwards

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Yves Edwards
loonytnt
2/17/08 11:44:18PM
Yves Edwards had a great fight, that knee was very smart, anyone see that fight? best KO of the night imo
RMFG_187
2/17/08 11:46:56PM
Best KO besides Scott Smith. That knee! i've never seen some one give a knee like that when his other leg is caught in a single, and land on his feet. Yves is one tough dude
BTW 200th Post
juanez13
2/17/08 11:55:42PM
yea, that was a great knee, i kind of saw it coming when yves was pushing berto's head away, the knee was quick and accurate, it was def a great KO.......Yves is currently riding a 3 fight win streak, if he can keep this up, i wont be surprised to see him back in the UFC. as for the rest of the event, i tought JT would change up his plan a little bit, but No same Ol' JT bull rushing his opponent, if he had a "mark Hunt" chin, maybe this game plan would work a little better, but it is quite clear he doesnt, well he did go for the take down, which was good with the execption rogers stood back up. Looks like Tank has taken to many shots to the head, and his chin might have gave up on him, i think its time to hang them . as for kimbo, i still dont buy into the hype, i dont think tank was a true test, give him ricco or bigfoot in his next fight, if he wins(which i think he wouldnt), than we'll talk.
loonytnt
2/18/08 12:01:49AM

Posted by juanez13

yea, that was a great knee, i kind of saw it coming when yves was pushing berto's head away, the knee was quick and accurate, it was def a great KO.......Yves is currently riding a 3 fight win streak, if he can keep this up, i wont be surprised to see him back in the UFC. as for the rest of the event, i tought JT would change up his plan a little bit, but No same Ol' JT bull rushing his opponent, if he had a "mark Hunt" chin, maybe this game plan would work a little better, but it is quite clear he doesnt, well he did go for the take down, which was good with the execption rogers stood back up. Looks like Tank has taken to many shots to the head, and his chin might have gave up on him, i think its time to hang them . as for kimbo, i still dont buy into the hype, i dont think tank was a true test, give him ricco or bigfoot in his next fight, if he wins(which i think he wouldnt), than we'll talk.

tank got hit in the back of the head a lot in that fight, but come on tank is a tough guy but as a top mma fighter imo his time is almost up, kimbo vs ken is what i wanna see, ken gets it to the ground its over i think
buckndro
2/18/08 4:41:21AM
It was funny soon as his leg was grabbed i was calling to do that then whamm he does was great
xchickox
2/18/08 5:56:08AM

Posted by buckndro

It was funny soon as his leg was grabbed i was calling to do that then whamm he does was great

yeah same here, i was begging for him to hit that knee, that one was even better than urijah fabers
ohiostate1016
2/18/08 7:28:22AM

Posted by loonytnt

Yves Edwards had a great fight, that knee was very smart, anyone see that fight? best KO of the night imo

One of the best KO's I've seen in a long time. Too bad it was on the same card as Smith's vicious KO of Noke. Did I really just say "too bad"? I meant, uh, that it was freakin awesome!
Rush
2/18/08 11:27:59AM

Posted by loonytnt

tank got hit in the back of the head a lot in that fight, but come on tank is a tough guy but as a top mma fighter imo his time is almost up, kimbo vs ken is what i wanna see, ken gets it to the ground its over i think

Tank's time was up about 10 years ago.
casey64
2/18/08 1:26:13PM

Posted by loonytnt

That was a great knee loved it Yves Edwards is a awsome fighter
BlazinSaddle
2/18/08 3:59:45PM
still one of my favorites fighters even if he had lost last saturday and even tho he had a rough patch lately in the UFC losing to hominick and stevenson i think he should go back there even for just a few fights or Elite XC whichever, everybody had forgoting about yves just a year ago and he gets a high profile KO and everybody remembers his name, its like this for a lot of fighters and its too bad because he would have been champion a couple years ago before the division broke up, its that weird LW's didnt sell as much back then which is shocking considering most of the boxing weight classes are below 170 (most new fans to mma were boxing fans anyway)