Yushin Okami Trains Sumo in Preparation for Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Yushin Okami Trains Sumo in Preparation for Anderson Silva
Wolfenstein
6/29/08 6:55:03PM
Okami is training with Sumo stylist Akebono Taro.
Link
Twenty20Dollars
6/29/08 7:01:15PM
i think okami is going to stand a good chance against anderson, more than people give him credit for.
xposipx
6/29/08 7:12:24PM
I'll be pulling for Okami. I like the guy a lot and hope he can pull it off. If nothing else I hope he lasts more than 2 rounds.
Ben_Hutch
6/29/08 7:16:48PM
Okami has been getting rather confused lately, he thinks he's fighting Emmanuel Yarborough in his next fight despite being told on numerous occasions by Dana White that he is infact fighting Anderson Silva for the Middleweight title, the poor lad just won't listen.
Porch28
6/29/08 7:38:12PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i think okami is going to stand a good chance against anderson, more than people give him credit for.

McBee
6/29/08 7:40:27PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Why? Swick almost pulled out the KO in the 3rd round before he moved down to 170 and Okami had Swick mounted and did not have enough energy to finish him. Anderson by whatever and whenever he wants. Okami can win via decision against most people but Anderson is not most people. No finishing power and now he is actually listening to the weird voices in his head, the Sumo will help you SUUUUUMMMMMOOOOOO, what a weirdo.
tepid55
6/29/08 8:19:21PM
Okami will be able to control Silva in the clinch and Silva's not strong enough to stop Okami from taking him down and controling him on the ground and Silva won't submit him off his back.
rabbit915
6/29/08 8:58:41PM

Posted by tepid55

Okami will be able to control Silva in the clinch and Silva's not strong enough to stop Okami from taking him down and controling him on the ground and Silva won't submit him off his back.

Hendo has better clinch control and ground control than Okami and he wasnt able to do anything to stop Anderson Silva.
bojangalz
6/29/08 9:19:07PM

Posted by tepid55

What planet are you from?!
originalconspiracy
6/29/08 9:49:25PM
silva was brought to us from the gods...
Pitbull09
6/29/08 10:00:00PM
Taking a page from Machida. I hope Anderson is training hard for this and the Irvin fight wont distract him. Okami is the biggest threat left for A. Silva and if he beats him, I see Anderson having a very very long title reign
Pitbull09
6/29/08 10:01:45PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by tepid55

What planet are you from?!

agreed
Porch28
6/29/08 10:20:43PM
I just want to see someone take him the distance see how much punishment he can take. As a fan I would really enjoy watching him handle a difficult opponent before he kills them. Silva that is
Figsak
6/30/08 12:07:15AM

Posted by McBee

No finishing power and now he is actually listening to the weird voices in his head, the Sumo will help you SUUUUUMMMMMOOOOOO, what a weirdo.

When the Japanese get ideas in their heads, it generally pans out to include sumo, pandas, or a Final Fantasy sequel.

When they do weird, they totally commit.
Twenty20Dollars
6/30/08 12:35:59AM
i think this fight is atleast going 3 rounds. i wouldnt be totally mad if okami won, but im still picking silva to win. but okami might play spoiler.
Vote4Fedro
6/30/08 2:26:10AM
He could train with Wolverine and the Hulk and he is still gonna get pwned!
bullettdodger
6/30/08 10:09:17AM

Posted by tepid55

You think Okami's sub def is better than Lutter's... yeah i don't think so... A. Silva by leaps and bounds, Okami really doesn't have a chance. Besides, A. Silva is going to be fired up to avenge that DQ loss he has for kicking Okami in the face
Figsak
6/30/08 2:38:26PM
I love your avatar

It's almost as great as mine
puppetmaster837
6/30/08 3:50:54PM

Posted by tepid55

None of that is true. You should watch their first fight, which at no point Okami really challenged him, until he got knocked out and won by it. B.S. call