Young Fighters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Young Fighters
tommyprairie
6/29/08 4:28:30PM
Who do you think will some day hold the belt, but is ranked the lowest?

For instance Jesse Taylor, Brock Lesnar, Frankie Edgar, Tm Boesch.

Guys that are right now not top contenders, but could be at the top.
voodoo-jitsu
6/29/08 4:33:02PM
lesnar and amir r to good ones i think
MoJoy
6/29/08 4:37:50PM
Lyoto Machida Matt Hamill Gegard Mousasi Thiago Silva Shane Carwin David Herman Roger Gracie

I know I did not answer it the way it was put there.
gamez0932
6/29/08 4:48:26PM
lightweight- nate diaz
welterweight- jared rollins
middleweight- THALES LEITES!!!!
lightheavey- matt hamill
heavyweight- fabricio werdum
HMA123
6/29/08 6:39:12PM
kenflo,jesse taylor,amir,brandon vera,almeida, and more but i cant think now
Jipper
6/29/08 9:14:48PM
Sorry but is the UFC all you guys watch? Not trying to be an a$$ but get HDNet and you'll see some good young talent long before they reach the UFC.
dannyfrank
6/29/08 9:43:26PM

Posted by gamez0932

lightweight- nate diaz
lightheavey- matt hamill

j-rock? seriously? sorry man, but i gotta disagree with u there
DevonFoxy
6/29/08 9:56:42PM
CB Dollaway

Serious potential written all over him. Say what you want about his sub defense he's only 24 and is going to be a crazy force in the UFC give him 3 or 4 years and he'll be in the title picture.
tommyprairie
6/29/08 10:16:49PM
Def disagree with J-Rock
The-Don
6/29/08 10:19:33PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

CB Dollaway

Serious potential written all over him. Say what you want about his sub defense he's only 24 and is going to be a crazy force in the UFC give him 3 or 4 years and he'll be in the title picture.

CB I think shows alot of potential.. Amir does as well.. I think Brock shows possibilities... But true.. The UFC is not were you see the young up and comersThere are hundreds of small groups all over hte country and across the world that ahve some young fighters just starting out who will be taking the sport to its next levels.
Pitbull09
6/29/08 11:06:44PM
Lightweight- Maynard =) and Tyson Griffin

Welterweight- Alves, I have been saying this for a long time and its getting close. Also look out for Anthony Johnson. He is still a low card but he is a good striker in a wrestler stacked division.

Middleweight- Ha, who cares when they will never match up to Silva's title reign

Light Heavy- Lyoto Machida

Heavyweight- If Big Nog retires, I think Shawn Carwin is really overhyped but I can imagine this guy getting the title at least once. I mean come on, there is Werdum, Vera, Gonzaga that makes up the division. These are the only real good guys I see. Carwin could raise through the ranks quickly and then we will see what happens.
gamez0932
6/30/08 12:51:28AM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by gamez0932

lightweight- nate diaz
lightheavey- matt hamill

i put j-rock cause he's a slugger and opnce he gets the right training in he'll be a force to reckon with...and plus he said guys who are young and not top contenders, im not going to put guys like thiago alves and john fitch...
Naturaldisaster
6/30/08 2:10:05AM
lw-Dan lauzon
ww-Dustin Hazelett
mw-Demian Maia
lhw-Matt Hamill
hw-Brock Lesnar
holt8081
6/30/08 3:05:54AM

Posted by tommyprairie

Def disagree with J-Rock

ya and jesse tayler and amir
mrkennedy
6/30/08 1:23:46PM
Shane Carwin,Dustin Hazelett,Amir Sadollah,Jess Bongfeltd,Chris Horodecki and Wilson Reis

EDIT: i forget Jorge Masdival
mrkennedy
6/30/08 1:28:52PM

Posted by gamez0932

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by gamez0932

lightweight- nate diaz
lightheavey- matt hamill

i put j-rock cause he's a slugger and opnce he gets the right training in he'll be a force to reckon with...and plus he said guys who are young and not top contenders, im not going to put guys like thiago alves and john fitch...

why you put werdum
JOSHisSTYLE
6/30/08 1:41:11PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Lightweight- Maynard =) and Tyson Griffin

Welterweight- Alves, I have been saying this for a long time and its getting close. Also look out for Anthony Johnson. He is still a low card but he is a good striker in a wrestler stacked division.

Middleweight- Ha, who cares when they will never match up to Silva's title reign

Light Heavy- Lyoto Machida

Heavyweight- If Big Nog retires, I think Shawn Carwin is really overhyped but I can imagine this guy getting the title at least once. I mean come on, there is Werdum, Vera, Gonzaga that makes up the division. These are the only real good guys I see. Carwin could raise through the ranks quickly and then we will see what happens.

Machida, if anyone will fight him, everyone feels they have nothing to gain by beating him and too much to loose if he beats them.
gamez0932
6/30/08 3:15:25PM

Posted by mrkennedy

Posted by gamez0932

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by gamez0932

lightweight- nate diaz
lightheavey- matt hamill

why you put werdum

well arnt you just a smart ass then haha J/k j/k... i guess i didnt realize i put him in there.
Manfred
6/30/08 3:21:41PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

lw-Dan lauzon

Good call. He was owning Spencer Fisher until he gassed. He took the fight on very short notice though.

He would've been awesome on TUF but he was under 21 so Spike said no.

I talk with him on MySpace sometimes and he plans to move up to a larger org. by the end of the year. Maybe WEC.
tommyprairie
6/30/08 7:17:55PM
Dan Lauzon is tough, ive seen him fight.
KYGUY07
6/30/08 8:16:39PM
jeremy stephens
dustin hazelett
demian maia
matt hamill
shane carwin
ncordless
7/1/08 3:41:55PM
Jose Aldo
Naturaldisaster
7/1/08 7:11:48PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Naturaldisaster

lw-Dan lauzon

Good call. He was owning Spencer Fisher until he gassed. He took the fight on very short notice though.

He would've been awesome on TUF but he was under 21 so Spike said no.

I talk with him on MySpace sometimes and he plans to move up to a larger org. by the end of the year. Maybe WEC.

sweet! I cant wait to see him fight again.