Yoshida vs Parisyan. This is a tough fight to call.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Yoshida vs Parisyan. This is a tough fight to call.
POLL: Parisyan vs Yoshida
Parisyan ko 4% (2)
Parisyan sub 8% (4)
Parisyan dec 50% (25)
Yoshida ko 12% (6)
Yoshida sub 6% (3)
yoshida dec 20% (10)
seanfu
8/22/08 4:51:02PM
What do you guys think. Personally I think Parisyan's done at the elite level regardless of age. He started fighting at 15 or 16 so he's got some milage.

Didn't see Yoshida's fight but heard it was impressive.
LionHeartWarchild
8/22/08 5:01:35PM
I like Yoshida and I think he's a guy to keep an eye out for, but I think Karo has this match. Although Yoshida is a very sound Judo practioner himself, I think Karo has the upper hand in the grappling aspect of the game. Growing up under the wing of Gokor and "Judo" Gene Lebell learning a hybrid of style of grappling that blends Judo, Sambo, Catch Wrestling, and Greco-Roman means he's got a lot more tools at his disposal. Also training with Team Jackson will help his all around game tremendously. I'd say the one area where Yoshida might have the advantage would be stand-up, but like I said, Karo's been hard at work with Team Jackson so I wouldn't be surprised to see his stand-up looking pretty sharp. All in all, I'm expectign to see a great match and am glad to see both these guys back in action!
Khaos
8/22/08 5:23:22PM
I think Yoshida take this, he's good in Judo, so he COULD avoid Karo's throws, but he has one thing Karo lacks, an extremely sound Ground Game, even if Karo puts him on the ground he'll be able to submit him.

Yoshida by Submission in round two.
copcopps
8/22/08 5:40:12PM
Yoshida by TKO since Karo's cousin lost I see an omen approaching The Heat and its cold
postman
8/22/08 7:14:45PM

Posted by copcopps

Yoshida by TKO since Karo's cousin lost I see an omen approaching The Heat and its cold

I agree Yoshida will win but omens are the worst way to pick fights they are even worse then using MMA Math.
Twenty20Dollars
8/22/08 8:21:20PM
Since karo said he has started training, im taking karo by tko this is going to be a new karo.
breakdown5
8/22/08 8:41:42PM
I got Karo by UD. Surprise, I'm in the majority for the poll. He's won fifty percent of his fights by decision. He doesn't finish fights, but will win the fight for his aggression probably.

Yoshida is tough and I'm very tempted to pick him, but still....

Karo UD
gartface
8/23/08 1:02:35AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Since karo said he has started training, im taking karo by tko this is going to be a new karo.

Exactly, but I see him getting an armbar on Yoshida. I'm going to be 8 rows up from the action .
mrkennedy
8/23/08 1:24:10AM
Karo UD
Pitbull09
8/23/08 2:06:37AM
I want Yoshida to win. Karo is slumping and prob past the peak of his career when Yoshida is young and could be an interesting match up in the WW divison.

I would like to see Anthony Johnson vs Yoshida if he wins. That fight would be for who is thrown into the mix of next WW contender.
Purge
8/23/08 5:38:53AM
Yoshida by knockout
prozacnation1978
8/23/08 11:20:21AM
i had yoshida then changed to karo just on faith that his new found training regime will have him ready to go now if he loses i won't ever pick karo to win a fight again.
copcopps
8/23/08 1:07:03PM
I know, I just wanted to use the Heat getting cold pun
gartface
8/23/08 2:26:32PM

Posted by Pitbull09

I want Yoshida to win. Karo is slumping and prob past the peak of his career when Yoshida is young and could be an interesting match up in the WW divison.

I would like to see Anthony Johnson vs Yoshida if he wins. That fight would be for who is thrown into the mix of next WW contender.

Karo is only 25 years old, I'm pretty sure they're not that far apart in age. I can't find an exact age on Yoshida, UFC.com says 34 years old, but that can't be right.
LionHeartWarchild
8/23/08 2:54:48PM
I never said how I thought Karo would win, Kimura.... round??? Can't say that...
wolfman
8/23/08 3:39:57PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Pitbull09

Karo is only 25 years old, I'm pretty sure they're not that far apart in age. I can't find an exact age on Yoshida, UFC.com says 34 years old, but that can't be right.

Actually, that age is right. Yoshida looks really young, but he is 34. Obviously, 34 is still young, but he unfortunately started late in MMA at the age of 30/31. Just imagine if he had started MMA ten years ago....Yoshida is a beast!!
copcopps
8/23/08 5:35:11PM
Yoshida=Sakuraba's heir?
Ordep
8/24/08 1:56:36AM
Yoshida Dec. using superior Judo.